Use you illusion v0.9b - Custom map for SC2(you VS swarm of units)

Started by 2g4u, February 27, 2010, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazza

Nice map and a good start to an "AI". Could've made it a little more interesting by placing small groups of enemies at expansions.

Anyway, how hard would it be to code triggers into it? Kinda like when making UMS maps in the first game, group of enemies attacks at the 5 minute mark etc. Someone on IRC said they'd make a primitive map editor so I think great things can come from this.

Thanks for the effort in creating the map.

redspike474

good to see some one made use of my tutorial :P
good job!! try expanding on it a little, place some more units, add some fog, remove rain , make it a bit diffrent,

2g4u

Quote from: redspike474 on February 27, 2010, 01:21:59 PM
good to see some one made use of my tutorial :P
good job!! try expanding on it a little, place some more units, add some fog, remove rain , make it a bit diffrent,

Give me triggers, give me work :) If I can get something working like a timed trigger causing all Player2 units to attack Player1StartLoc it would make the map a lil more fun. Ofc a debugger showing my current ingame cursor coordinates would be precious.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Giz

can u make same but spam more of a groun dunits than air units, the mass of mutas and battelcruisers are just anoying and u have to do air combat, which doesnt contain much micro. A mapp with m90% ground units would be much more interesting please

RaTcHeT302

kdronez

I own almost all of them with 8 atom bombs one after another (delay time between atom bombs 1-2 sec each xD)

Uhhh... dumb question but what tools do I need to make a custom map like this? I made some maps for WC3 and I think I could make some fun stuff for the community to try out while we wait for multiplayer patch. I just need to know the names of the right tools to use...

Dariusz

Played it yesterday.... 5 nucks in the middle at one time sloved the game :d was fun tho... ^^

2g4u

Its nothing fancy guys, don't expect anything better(or at least not made by me) till the release of the Galaxy editor.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

rackdude

What about a standard push breaking map? Like a 2 immortal 5 stalker timing push and you get something tough like 3 zeals, 3 stalkers, and a few gateways and try to stall/hold (they get periodic reinforcements)? Kind of like the push breaking maps that are floating on TL but for SC2?

koolitseric

Quote from: rackdude on March 02, 2010, 09:27:00 PM
What about a standard push breaking map? Like a 2 immortal 5 stalker timing push and you get something tough like 3 zeals, 3 stalkers, and a few gateways and try to stall/hold (they get periodic reinforcements)? Kind of like the push breaking maps that are floating on TL but for SC2?

Like he said, no galaxy editor yet.  Please learn to read.

chetjan

Artanis186

Not to offend the OP, but... does this really deserve a sticky? He's not updating it, and if he does, he can just post that he did and bump it back up to the top of the forum. Otherwise, it's just kinda taking up space unnecessarily.

herman285

Can someone please tell me the instruction on how to play this map?

I can play any other maps with any ai fine.

It doesn't work when I try to load this map.

2g4u

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 07:39:10 AM
Not to offend the OP, but... does this really deserve a sticky? He's not updating it, and if he does, he can just post that he did and bump it back up to the top of the forum. Otherwise, it's just kinda taking up space unnecessarily.
I was wondering why it is sticky really, but I guess it is because this map was first in which you could play VS anything different than yourself. The AI maps came out a day after and ofc ppl started playing them. Whatever I am just proud that a Bulgarian made first custom map for SC2 Beta, no matter that it is as primitive as this.
/offtopic
Also I want to congratulate all Bulgarians with our National Day - 3th March (its like 4th of July for Americans). Always remember that we were an Empire, long before any of the current "powerful" nations. And no matter how bad the situation in Bulgaria is atm, always be proud that you are Bulgarian.