StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdburgler

Quote from: Endorsed on March 14, 2010, 03:52:09 AM
Hey guys, I downloaded this and replaced in these folders: Core.SC2Mod/Liberty.SC2Mod/Libertymulti.SC2Mod
Base.SC2Data. Because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. But now the game won't start for me.

I hope you have a recycle bin  ::) . You only need to replace it in Liberty.SC2Mod.

If you're having problems with the new patch try RE-INSTALLING StarCrack 6.1.1.

Endorsed

Wow, lol i've never played starcraft before. And absolutely destroyed this AI (6.1.1) with just massing marines.

lol

L33tGam3r

So is there actually a problem with AIs and patches or no ?
Or u just update and replace the ai again? Im currently on patch 5 and I don't have any problems  ::)  

claushouse

Quote from: Endorsed on March 14, 2010, 06:35:55 AM
Wow, lol i've never played starcraft before. And absolutely destroyed this AI (6.1.1) with just massing marines.

lol

lol you're a faggot.

lol also likely you're lying.

lol 60% chance you're a competing AI developer

lol

Malarki

Its way 2 easy 2 out mirco the 6.1.1 cheating AI, without micro its pretty hard because
of the massive unit waves at the very beginning of the game.

Just try helions or reavers with upgrade, micro a bit and u win ;O
Well still a great AI, took me a few games 2 beat it.
(Cause im newb that slowly gets a clue of that game)

claushouse

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 13, 2010, 03:57:39 PM
@ the guy with the broodwar statement, totaly agree, if you know how to play broodwar, its pretty easy and in example i simple play tvt just like broodwar (instead of golis using marines+vikings)
btw here are the vids from TvT, found the replay:

Starcraft 2 TvT cheated AI 6.1.1 version, full hd 1/2

Starcraft 2 TvT cheated AI 6.1.1 version, full hd 2/2

thanks for the replay vids, very insightful and fun to watch!

EVILDeath

Those videos were like a series of semi-related screenshots to me :))) Didn't understand a thing of what the hell's happening there. :))

Endorsed

Quote from: claushouse on March 14, 2010, 11:29:01 AM

lol

lol you're a faggot.

lol

Dude... It's actually true, I might just upload the replay on youtube if you won't believe me. In the bottom left corner it said Starcraft 6.1.1 AI or something like that, so i'm pretty sure it was this ai script. I've never played Starcraft, ever. I'm a console gamer, competed in games like Halo and CoD. I was just massing marines because  I had no clue what to do, I didn't even scout..

Where can you find your replays or something? And i'll just upload it too youtube so you can tell i'm a complete scrub lol.

Edit: I saw this vid of a Starcraft pro also using his left hand whilst playing. He was pressing buttons like mad fast :P How do you do it? I only use the mouse.

L33tGam3r

Guys..I know this is not the place but I updated to latest patch and now im having some terrible lag spikes I replaced the Base.SC2Data ( as some1 above said) and still nothing how to deal with that  ???

Quote from: Endorsed on March 14, 2010, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: claushouse on March 14, 2010, 11:29:01 AM

lol

lol you're a faggot.

lol

Dude... It's actually true, I might just upload the replay on youtube if you won't believe me. In the bottom left corner it said Starcraft 6.1.1 AI or something like that, so i'm pretty sure it was this ai script. I've never played Starcraft, ever. I'm a console gamer, competed in games like Halo and CoD. I was just massing marines because  I had no clue what to do, I didn't even scout..

Where can you find your replays or something? And i'll just upload it too youtube so you can tell i'm a complete scrub lol.

Edit: I saw this vid of a Starcraft pro also using his left hand whilst playing. He was pressing buttons like mad fast :P How do you do it? I only use the mouse.

If you don't place things right, SC will run with blizz "AI" which does nothing so if there wasn't a wave of 12 zealots, 20 marines or 30 lings in the 3th min it was not 6.1.1 :D

Endorsed

Well, that's the point. In the beginning after I failed my atack with marines, I got rushed by like these guys with swords (I played against protos I think, i guess Zealots) But I was building marines really fast with like the upgrade so you can make 2 at once with 3 baracks so I managed to counter that atack only losing one barack. I rebuilt and atacked like crazy. I really think it was 6.1.1

How do you upload replays?

Edit: Looked it up, it were zealots.

L33tGam3r

What so eva..let's not spam this topic with cr*p..
This AI is the best we can get right now so enjoy it...

PS I really need help on this one 
Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 14, 2010, 12:40:42 PM
Guys..I know this is not the place but I updated to latest patch and now im having some terrible lag spikes I replaced the Base.SC2Data ( as some1 above said) and still nothing how to deal with that  ???

Endorsed

I'm not saying it's bad at all but maybe the script isn't good against rushing. If somebody that has never played starcraft(I did play warcraft) before manages to win with just rushing with marines in like the first 5 min. Then something is wrong, or I just got lucky :P I'm gonna try it again later ;)

Tresh

Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 14, 2010, 12:40:42 PM

Same thing happened to me, dont know how to fix that.

maartendq

Quote from: Endorsed on March 14, 2010, 12:53:26 PM
I'm not saying it's bad at all but maybe the script isn't good against rushing. If somebody that has never played starcraft(I did play warcraft) before manages to win with just rushing with marines in like the first 5 min. Then something is wrong, or I just got lucky :P I'm gonna try it again later ;)

The AI was never good in fending off rushes. Not in any RTS I ever played.

Then again, I find that winning or losing against the 6.1.1 AI mainly boils down to whether or not you survive the first wave because after that the AI seems to slack a bit (expands slowly, doesn't rebuild units fast enough etc etc).

That being said, if you don't have a proper build order the AI will eat you for breakfast though.

kurupted

This is nothing new, the easiest moment to defeat AI opponent is after his initial rush. I stopped doing that to add some challenge and just wait til mid-game with my attacks, or just harass a bit and run away :P

Not complaining tho, no matter how easy the ''game'' is atm, I'm enjoying it in 100%.  :-*