StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdburgler

Do not use the ALLin1 launcher, it's setting difficulty to "1" causing the AI to expand less! That's the cause of a lot of peoples problem with the AI being too easy. Re-install AI and use a different launcher!

MAKE SURE DIFFICULTY IS SET TO "0" ZERO IN THE AIDIFFICULTY.GALAXY FILE

StarCrack AI

VERSION 7.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED ON NIBBITS FORUMS

THE OFFICIAL THREAD HAS MOVED THERE

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/19/view/400/starcrack-ai-official-thread

cyberwiz

AlexALX

turdburgler

No easy edition this time. It's not THAT much easier anyway.

If you're having trouble, watch some people livestream as well as replays and copy them  :)

M.v.L

Nice work!!
We appreciate it!
(no matter what anyone brags about this AI is hard)
Rock 'n' Roll!

Lenor

mrbobyu

Gregard

New version already! You guys are on fire! Thank you! Will test it in a little while :)

onimusha1985

u makers rule. thanks alot. much appreciated and gratification!

Mezner

Been lurking on this project since around ver. 4. Great work!

Three suggestions:

• Destruction of destructable rocks when it gives the AI quicker access to its own bases. The AI was setting up bases behind destructable areas and then sending tanks all the way around to counter me. Seems like it could make a comparison between the path between its bases and destroy these as needed.
  • If the AI has determined to rebuild in a particular area, it would make sense if it decided to reattach to Reactors / Tech Labs. I would destroy a portion of the base and it'd rebuild barracks away from its own Reactors / Tech Labs.
  • Usage of the Xel'Naga towers. If the enemy must scout me to figure out whether to attack me or not, it might also make sense if it used the Xel'Naga towers as well to figure out if I'm about to attack one of its bases, etc. It would also be nice if it thought to use its cheapest units available to do so.
I'm not sure how attainable some of these are, but they are interesting points that all the races could use. I like what you've done so far and I've found that this AI is continuously getting smarter, so I figured some feedback could enhance that further  :)

Naymek

Guys, I can't thank you enough for your had work on these AI's. Take the negative criticism from the kids as a grain of salt and pat yourselves on your backs. These AI releases are what is keeping so psyched about SC2.

Thanks again guys, whenever there is a new AI release it feels like X-Mas and I'm a teenager again.

cloak123

Quote from: Mezner on March 07, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
Been lurking on this project since around ver. 4. Great work!

Three suggestions:

• Destruction of destructable rocks when it gives the AI quicker access to its own bases. The AI was setting up bases behind destructable areas and then sending tanks all the way around to counter me. Seems like it could make a comparison between the path between its bases and destroy these as needed.
  • If the AI has determined to rebuild in a particular area, it would make sense if it decided to reattach to Reactors / Tech Labs. I would destroy a portion of the base and it'd rebuild barracks away from its own Reactors / Tech Labs.
  • Usage of the Xel'Naga towers. If the enemy must scout me to figure out whether to attack me or not, it might also make sense if it used the Xel'Naga towers as well to figure out if I'm about to attack one of its bases, etc. It would also be nice if it thought to use its cheapest units available to do so.
I'm not sure how attainable some of these are, but they are interesting points that all the races could use. I like what you've done so far and I've found that this AI is continuously getting smarter, so I figured some feedback could enhance that further  :)

they did destroy the rocks in my game :)
ive also watched it use the towers
im sure there is alot more improvment to be made

also Turd if you use the new star launcher, Which allows you to choose teams etc. i always get Mainstate error when playing as observer. even if everyone is in the right slot. and right amount of players on the map. It only happens typically to the second terran or 3rd protoss if there isnt a second terran.