Starcrack doesn't upgrade its units

Started by bustya, March 04, 2010, 10:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustya

Are there any scripts where the AI does upgrade?

Otherwise, they are just cannon fodder. I can line up 8 seige tanks and let the AI take every single resource on the map, and just blast them away. TvZ.

bustya

If they upgraded units, then it might actually be a challenge. There were a couple of close calls when they don't upgrade, so they probably would have gotten through to some of my bases.

Artanis186

They do upgrade, but like, once every half hour. </exaggerate>

gg.sc2

Quote from: bustya on March 04, 2010, 10:34:06 AM

Otherwise, they are just cannon fodder. I can line up 8 seige tanks and let the AI take every single resource on the map, and just blast them away. TvZ.

You sir, should try the cheat version. Even if they don't upgrade. Let me know how you do with those tanks. If you could even get them. =]

cloak123

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 04, 2010, 11:49:45 AM

You sir, should try the cheat version. Even if they don't upgrade. Let me know how you do with those tanks. If you could even get them. =]

Just owned it no prob. 6 player map

kblood

Quote from: cloak123 on March 04, 2010, 12:04:28 PM

Okay, why are players trying on maps with several AI if they want a challenge? Since it is FFA maps, more AIs that combat each other just makes it easier. You just have to defend, maybe even rush one or two and the others will either destroy each other, fight each other while attacking, or one destroys the other one who is trying to destroy you, but might have to go back to its base to try and save it.
1vs1 maps should be more of a challenge until a method is found to make the AIs team up.

gg.sc2

Quote from: cloak123 on March 04, 2010, 12:04:28 PM

You didn't own anything. Stop playing FFA. Let me guess, you just sat at base, defended it, let the comps kill off each other, then you went in with mass high tier units to kill them.

Nesreca

Considering that SC2 beta was cracked a week ago, and the devs of AI have been working their asses off to make AI's to entertain / challenge the community - the AI that is out is as good as it gets at the moment. Hold onto your panties and wait for a new AI to be released, or get coding! :P

P.S. Siege tanks are crazy good against Zerg AI that can't micro and don't run into the tank's minimum range.

kblood

Still it is true, the AI does not upgrade. They upgrade once every 30 min tops. I watched 4 AI fight each other with the 5.5 Starcrack AI, and I only saw one of them upgrade attack or defense. It was one of the two terran that upgraded ship armor. During that whole game, that was the only thing upgraded between all the four AI (two zerg and two terran).

Reelix

"I can line up 8 seige tanks and let the AI take every single resource on the map, and just blast them away. TvZ."

You have 8 Siege Tanks, they attack with 4 Mutalisks.

GG ;)