whine whine whine bnet emu! actually, whens 6.0 coming out?

Started by Roger911, March 04, 2010, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger911

why is there no bnet emulator?! i work my ass off clicking refresh every 10 seconds! these so called devs who put their own time in to help the community get enjoyment which they otherwise wouldn't have, deserve my complaints because i want it nao (1337z0|2) and i dont care about the complexity or difficulty of the task they are working on! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That was sarcasm for anyone that didnt catch it... Though I would like to know when 6.0 will be released.

P.S. To the devs : I'm grateful for the work that has been done, turning a hope into a reality, and continuing to do so! (furthermore, I don't expect a working bnet emu anytime soon, and I don't think anyone else should either. Yet I wish you good luck on your progress!) Cheers!

Rain[sun]

better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Sartor

I actually have my doubts a b.net emu is even going to be released before the beta is over...  hopefully i'll just get in.  I don't have enough time to dedicate to playing all day anyways so i really don't care, but i hope they do because this games fun as shit ;)

Nesreca

Heh, you totally summed up the forums in a sentence Roger911. Some of the people on these forums drive me crazy because they don't appreciate the work going into the AIs, beta crack, and possible emulation.

To the devs: Words can not express our appreciation and thanks for the wonderful beta crack, and the AIs you are coming up with. Thank you so much, and please keep up the good work!

kblood

I do not mind not knowing when 6.0 is actually released until it is released. I kind of like the excitement of waiting, hoping and wishing for how good the new AI will be.
Having testet out several combos of AI and looking through scripts, I am really excited about what seems to be Blizzards goals with the AI scrips, and what observer mode seems to tell about Starcraft II and its ambitions.
AI is very much so based on actions per minute, and as observer you can stay alert on what is going on in the game. Who is very active atm with the most APM? Who has the highest income? Who has the most units? Who lost the most and the least units? All these stats that usually could not be seen before the game was finished (and in our case, we can only see these stats with observer mode).
Also with APM built into the AI, it seems they plan to make this AI really good compared to the ones in Starcraft and Warcraft 3. At least that is my hope. Imagine if the AI would play like semi pro players at its highest settings? And if it doesnt then it should be possible to mod a good AI.
I have been thinking of ways to make the best possible AI scripts, and I imagine the best way to make them is to the script directly into the map, and then also adding ambush points and other pathway points to the map. Routes and such, that the AIs could use and make it possible to attack from several sides, or make siege tank drops in very tactical places. But that is just my dreams about where AI in this game could be going.

Myst