STARCRAFT AI v6.0 "How i want it to improve"

Started by monkit, March 06, 2010, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkit

:D i love that it is a challenging AI, I am amaze that it is only a weekold. But I would also like to give suggestions just as 5.5 has its ownimprovement thread. Just registered to post this to give a few ideas  :) don flame me T.T

- I think there should be thread on "what we will be implementing in the future for the AI" else this will just keep going on
- AI needs to counter ur units. (e.g you build carrier, AI mass roaches and zerglings = fail)
- I feel that zerg queen should plant the creep expander and expand through out the map.
- zerg should send overlord drop creep at every empty base so as to prevent people from building on it other than zerg
- AI needs to attack the base through the rocks if that single pathcannot be pushed through. (This is hard to do as different maps workdifferently)
- zerg could try tunnel attack
- terrans need to block entry point (hard to do)
- AI needs to stop "patrol" (e.g walks to enemy, sees unable to win thefight, retreats 3 sec, comes back the same point and retreats again)
- Current AI can use skill but not the useful ones (High templar runsaround but don't storm, perhaps did not research the skill yet.Infestor does not aoe seems like spamming infested terrans.
- zergs need to burrow to hide their presence

so what do you guys think about it? How bout a super smart AI

Sc0rPi0n32

Just played 2 times with the 6.0 non cheating AI.  God i must say this was the best 1 yet.  After a few minutes (2 barracks, 3 bunkers) and dishing out units, AI attacks with 10+ zealots.  fended them off and started working on siege tanks to defend, managed to get out about 15 marines, few reapers, 2 thors 3 medivacs and a few vikings.  Next thing i know im being attacked by 8 carriers!!!  had no way to fend them off here.

2nd time around i built up air defense and was expecting the carriers...when the time came, they rushed me with zealots, stalkers and immortals!  same thing could not fend them off.  AI is a lot smarter then previous and as of right now i dont see much that should be changed.  Maybe make a medium version and tone it down a little.  Seems real good and perfect so far

Pleomax

Hmm if you play vs more AIs sometimes they just attack each other and you get attacked only like in late game...
What I would really like to see is the AI being more aggressive and harass more.
The AI dosn't seem to know how to use medvac , i think he loads it with units and the dosn't drop them , alos I havn't seen him using any darktemplars or ghosts/nukes.

kgptzac

As a beginner i find even the "Easy" version of 6.0 is probably a bit too challanging.  Sure I can go play the default AI with higher difficulty but the default ai is very much bugged and wouldn't attack.  As I was initiating an attack on 1v1 against AI, I found the AI's always has 1.5~2x more units than I have... I'm just wondering if the "easy" version can be tweaked, or perhaps an "even easier" version with an AI that has less apm can be made to accomidate noobs like me :(

bcboncs

I just gave it my first go on AI v6.0 w/ Cheating and have a few thoughts:

Playing P vs Z, I noticed that I'm able to force field my ramp and destroy all units after 10-20 seconds. They were hugging the force field and my 2-3 cannons with stalkers and sentries just flat out pooped on them. I was definitely glad that this AI expanded, but the LazyLaunch 2.0's Chinese X5 still seems harder due to them bringing more ranged units in general; roaches, hydras, mutas. This one only brought zlings, blings, and a few mutas.

I know it is only AI and I cannot expect it to counter everything I throw at it, but this is how protoss players should be expected to play... using the force field to block ramp to allow more teching.

For a challenge, I still enjoy the Chinese x5 more so far. However, the Chinese x5 did not have much support for Terran or Protoss.

apriores

Easy Edition is not harvesting at 0.7x, but with 1x. I changed to 0.1x for testing purpose and again, is harvesting normally, with 5/4 crystals/gas per worker.

nipss

I was amazed when I discovered that when Playing pvz (me being zerg) the protoss AI sent an observer with its attack force D:

Servitor

I was playing an FFA battle and after absorbing the initial rush, I counter attacked all three enemy expansions, but JUST the expansions. I noticed after that, despite that all 3 enemies built expansions elsewhere, they continued to make only a few defensive units and that was it. I was free to walk over every expansion and main base with very little effort aside from Protoss and Zerg static defenses. The Terrans had 0 static defenses.

Any other battle, if I didn't hit the first expansion right away, all three races made a very effective and concerted offensive effort either on me or the other comps.

Devil

Can a 6.1.1 ver of ai where the cpu gets 1.5 x minerals be made?

QQJoker

The ai seems to not attack very frequently for me. The ai had no idea how to destroy my 8 protoss cannon. I then mass void rays and collosus, that destroyed them. I managed to get gather minerals from four sites, while the ai only had two site. Overall 6.1 is still very simple. I will try the cheating version soon.

SantaClaws

The only thing I miss, in the cheating AI 6.1.1 TvAnything, is it should use more dropship and harass. If you just make a standard wall-in you'll have no problem teching and destroying every single unit he sends out to you without any kind of building loss. But if he used dropships or like muta harass, you'd have been forced to put up turrets. And if he used reavers and other stuff you'd have to get bunkers or something.
generally, I think the bot is verry verry good in the early game but get's sloppier.. If you can survive the second rush, you've basicly won. And dark templars own them to much.. havn't tried against terran, but zerg and protoss don't seem to detect invis except for their photon canons and the "anti-air colony" can't remember what it's called :P
Protoss generally does build observers, but not for detecting only for scouting, which is wierd since the entire map is revealed for the cheating AI right?? I havn't seen broodlords yet either, fix for this aswell? zerg is a bit easy in every mu.