StarCrack Launcher Rev 53 with DEBUGGING Features Preview Download

Started by usmc23, March 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetInside

why can we set slot to "human"??

and by the way, COLOR SELECTION fail :/ like if i choose Yellow, it doesnt work, its always green.. )=

NefiX

kblood

I have a suggestion for a feature. Yes, its a bit early to ask for a new feature if the loader might not even be out of its beta test yet, but I think this would be useful to get into the loader from early on.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/making-replays-possible-with-these-different-launchers/
SCFan68 has a very good idea here. Make this new launcher take its temporary map file and add it to the cache. Well it is already a cache file :) Main problem would be figuring out how the cache actually works. Well, not really now I think about it, all that is needed is for the generated map to have a generated cache name and for it to be placed in the Battlenet/cache folder somewhere. It should even be possible to just make an obvious "STARCRACK" folder right there  ;) Or you could just call it Launcher or whatever. Should be enough just to make put the map somewhere in the cache folder. Doing this having the launched map any special place on the HD wont be necessary either.
A bonus would be if the launcher also adds the AI into the map. AIs would have to become Trigger map run though, but so far I do not think the Starcraft V6 uses more than the TriggerLibs folder for AI. Saves about 1-2 mbyte map size.
The SC2Launcher 2.0.2 launcher already uses a similar method I think. I might be completely wrong about this launcher, it might already have all these functions and I just have not figured them out yet.

Pleomax

creamsoda

Quote from: Tankoz on March 07, 2010, 03:10:06 AM
It seems to be running an older version of Starcraft 2 located in the Base14133 folder of versions instead of the newer Base14259 folder it seems (zealots still have 60 shields) so just a heads up.

It seems this launcher suffers the same mistake as in LazyLauncher 1.0

That is, it can only load the older version of the game, and can't load up the latest patch.

To fix this, go into the folder ...StarCraft II Beta\Versions and rename "Base14133" to "BACKUP_Base14133". Then make a copy of "Base14259" and rename the copy to "Base14133".

cptDion

is there any chance of adding 2 slots?
because i have a map with 5 AI's

Rosenberg

Quote from: GetInside on March 07, 2010, 06:22:01 AM
why can we set slot to "human"??

and by the way, COLOR SELECTION fail :/ like if i choose Yellow, it doesnt work, its always green.. )=

LOL, sorry but I actually laughed at your post. Try pressing ALT+F ingame  :D .

ringlas

Quote from: creamsoda on March 07, 2010, 08:00:00 AM
Quote from: Tankoz on March 07, 2010, 03:10:06 AM
It seems to be running an older version of Starcraft 2 located in the Base14133 folder of versions instead of the newer Base14259 folder it seems (zealots still have 60 shields) so just a heads up.

It seems this launcher suffers the same mistake as in LazyLauncher 1.0

That is, it can only load the older version of the game, and can't load up the latest patch.

To fix this, go into the folder ...StarCraft II Beta\Versions and rename "Base14133" to "BACKUP_Base14133". Then make a copy of "Base14259" and rename the copy to "Base14133".
So this laucnher only works with the previous update of blizzard, not the last?

creamsoda

QuoteSo this laucnher only works with the previous update of blizzard, not the last?
Did you read the last part of my post?.. It will work with Patch 4 as long as you follow the steps that I posted..

That's a workaround for now until StarCrack fixes the problem in their next release.

kblood

Quote from: creamsoda on March 07, 2010, 11:13:56 AM
QuoteSo this laucnher only works with the previous update of blizzard, not the last?
Did you read the last part of my post?.. It will work with Patch 4 as long as you follow the steps that I posted..

That's a workaround for now until StarCrack fixes the problem in their next release.
Yea, this bug made me have to reinstall Starcraft 2 Beta because it seems to have been changing the patch files or something, so I could not load replays anymore. I will wait for the next patch before I try it again.

depthsofchaos

Keeps telling "out of memory" even with the maps provided. Might be because my path name is not only ascii.

erfg1

Finally race selection, sweet! :)

Last thing im looking forward to is playing against another human! Even if its LAN, I would appreciate it. My room mate and I are anxiously waiting! :P

Schrii

Organized_Chaos

Worked perfectly the very first time I tried it... who gives a shit about the skin of the launcher?!   ::)

We're talking about a tool that you're looking at for 10 seconds before you start a game.  Who tf cares?  It works, that's all you should care about.

Great job guys..