StarCrack Launcher Rev 53 with DEBUGGING Features Preview Download

Started by usmc23, March 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenofaiur

[Garden Of Aiur] - http://www.gardenofaiur.com - The Blood Of The Fallen

creamsoda

Works perfectly! colors, races, replays, teams, EVERYTHING!

What I was really surprised was when my comp ally joined forces with me to attack !!

His units was ahead of me, and he saw me following behind him, so he moved his units back to combine with my army. It was amazing!

Thank you StarCrack SOOOOO MUCH. you guys rock!

drakmor

Launcher Rev. 35 crashed on select map (6) OBSERVER- AI - Metalopolis (5x).s2ma

bhp255

still having SC2 crash on me every time
i tried it with my maps, with the maps linked here, and with other maps to no avail; sc2 always crashes with this loader
any other suggestions besides maps?

Bt

Quote from: drakmor on March 09, 2010, 03:14:15 AM
Launcher Rev. 35 crashed on select map (6) OBSERVER- AI - Metalopolis (5x).s2ma

Can't use the AI maps I thought?

gyorokpeter

I can't get it to work. It says "Unable to load map", no matter which map I choose (after putting the maps linked in the first post into the correct folder).

Besides, this launcher has
- Hardcoded map path (C:\Users.... I HATE putting anything on the C: drive, as it gets wiped by next windows reinstall)
- Hardcoded game path (Other launchers let you choose the version to launch and have an option of "Latest")
- No AI choice option
- Doesn't work with maps containing 5 or more players
- No "Show FPS" etc. options

I hope you'll fix these in a future release, until then I'm using other launchers that work.

peklngduckk

Still doesn't work for me. When I put my self on team 1, and everyone else on team 2, for some reason I can see the first 2 of the team 2s. The last guy is of course an "enemy." PLus, I'm guessing my ai isn't loading because I dont see the texts come up (Using 6.1.1)

creamsoda

ok, it seems like this launcher permanently alters your maps, so make sure you have a backup copy of all your maps, cuz this launcher changes them..

there's also a few bugs.. the team functions don't work properly on certain maps.

Organized_Chaos

Awesome job guys...  :) everyone might not express it properly (they're either too stupid, too young, or too unappreciative), but we do appreciate the work you guys have put into this. 

Here are a few suggestions:

- under "Player controller", add a slot for observer.
- not sure if it's true that the launcher alters maps permanently, but a fix for that would be nice.

Keep up the great work!

Artanis186

All I want is the background color to change, that's just not attractive. :\

Oh, and the permanent change to the maps too.

Master619

I dont see any option to choose the AI, so what AI is this launcher using (as default)?

godspiral

v35,

setting 3 players to human still loads 3 AIs
deleting the text in player slots 3 and 4 still loads 3 AIs
someone said they played a 1v2, but I have no idea how they might have accomplished that.
Implementing a disabled option would be clearest.

usmc23

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 09, 2010, 07:12:37 AM
Awesome job guys...  :) everyone might not express it properly (they're either too stupid, too young, or too unappreciative), but we do appreciate the work you guys have put into this. 

Were the ones that came up with Race Selection among others first that the other launchers took from us, so with out StarCrack you wouldn't have AI or Race selection : ).

Anyway as far as the crashing, can you elerberate more on how and why it crashes? Example is your game 100% up to date?  Is your cache clean(alot of other launchers trash the cache folder).

To play a 1v2 map change one of the AI alots to Human, ill look into the 6 player maps sense alot of people want that.

I don't see the point in choosing AI versions, just use Turds 6.1 A.I. which you can download from here.  Well make it so you can choose between cheatin and a few other things.

kreed

Hello guys,
i dont know what i do wrong - but im still getting the sc2 crash and message out of memory.
I've the latest version of sc2. I've downloaded the maps and put in the right directory.
C:\Documents and Settings\kreed\"Documents"\StarCraft II Beta\Maps and your launcher sees the maps.
"Documents" means my documents in russian, i've got russian version of win xp. (maybe that's the problem, russian literals in path ? ).

Can you help me please ;)

Thanks!
Best regards,
kreed.