Future of ai? and i have low fps help please?

Started by azzhair, March 07, 2010, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzhair

OK! so what is the future of the AI system//crack for lan?

and i use to play sc2 beta perfectly but then when i tried to play on friday i was getting horrible fps (10 on LOW) i normally run 50-60 on ultra.... what happened? And i know its sc2 b\c i played a few matches of Red alert 3 online with out any drop in FPS or choppiness.

My system specs
3.0 ghz duel core. ( intel wolfdale E 8400 no oc)
4gb ram
9800gt      (no oc)
win XP 64 bit

I have tried reinstalling sc2 beta AND turning everything to low ///no reflections and reinstalled video card drivers. but nothing!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!! 

mx420

9800gt,  so you have an nvidia eh?  this is a stretch but if youve installed the newest drivers, apparently there has been a probem regarding the fan control in the drivers.  somting about it not running the fan and the cards overheating.... resulting in low FPS... AND dead videocards after awhile,     so id look there first!!!

Blizzard said it was effecting their games and released a post telling their customers to roll back the drivers to an earlier version....   heres a link from a quick google search

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20195&view=next&sid=045f67fb6b07e86076ccf772b9c2ca82

vitalsine

I can confirm that the new nVidia drivers ruin the game. Dont update!

cloak123

Quote from: vitalsine on March 07, 2010, 01:07:20 PM

no. Just set your fan from auto to manuel and set the tempatures and youll be fine also
Goto mydocuments\starcraft II beta\Variable.txt and add the lines
frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

and it will help solve these issues

azzhair

Again, i have done the update to newest drivers and that didnt work so i revert back to my old ones. but how if i set the frame rate cap at 60 will that make my game run better if i cant even get 15 fps? IT use to run fine then all of a sudden it wouldnt run fast at all.

Nova

I have the solution.

The new AI v6 lags your game really bad after about 5 minutes. To fix this, get the mpq extractor and extract triggerlibs folder from AI v6 base.s2data and put it in your main sc2 beta folder. The game runs faster from triggerlibs than from base.s2data.

chikopaws

Quote from: cloak123 on March 07, 2010, 01:35:00 PM

no. Just set your fan from auto to manuel and set the tempatures and youll be fine also
frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

what are these for?

cloak123

Quote from: chikopaws on March 07, 2010, 09:20:08 PM
Quote from: cloak123 on March 07, 2010, 01:35:00 PM

frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

what are these for?

prevents the overheating issue with the new nvidea drivers.

RaTcHeT302

Mh...i have too a nvidia 9800 GT, shouldn't i really download the new drivers? ar THAT bad? ::)

daRPiniOn

Quote from: Nova on March 07, 2010, 08:19:29 PM
I have the solution.

The new AI v6 lags your game really bad after about 5 minutes. To fix this, get the mpq extractor and extract triggerlibs folder from AI v6 base.s2data and put it in your main sc2 beta folder. The game runs faster from triggerlibs than from base.s2data.

Where can I find this MPQ Extractor, and once I have it is it easy to extract said files?

Nova

Download MPQ Editor (not extractor, my bad) here;
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

Get the appropriate version/language (you probably want 32-bit EN).

Put MPQ Editor in your Starcraft II Beta directory.
Run it.
File > Open MPQ Archive
Set "Files of Type" to "All Files (*.*)"
Locate where you put the AI Version 6 Base.SC2Data and open it
Make sure the first option is checked (internal listfile), second unchecked, third checked, fourth unchecked. Click OK.
Right-click the TriggerLibs folder in the MPQ Editor window and click "Extract".
Set it to where Starcraft 2 Beta is installed i.e. "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\"
Just for safety measures, put the original Base.SC2Data back in Mods\Liberty.
All ready.

azzhair

I have the solution.

No, I have tried 6.0 ,5.5, 5.1 and all of them give me 10 fps on every setting. Iam going to reinstall sc 2 again and just hope that it works....
ALSO this is from the start of the game and continues through the whole game. i played a game as terran vs ai. So i know its not at one spot.

cloak123

I have the solution.

false i never lag.

Nova

I didn't say this happened to everyone.

I ran AI v6 from Base.SC2Data and my fps suffered terribly after about 5 minutes. I extracted Base.SC2data to triggerlibs and my fps got much better.

Azzhair; Are you running the AI from Base.SC2data or from a triggerlibs folder?

StarDweller

I've been having the same problem and I'm using AI v6.1. After about 3 or 4 minutes my fps slowly goes down until it gets to about 2-5 which is just absurd, and this never used to happen with the older AIs. Where exactly am I supposed to run the AI from after I have extracted to triggerlibs like was suggested? Do I run the usual base.SC2data for 6.1, the original file, or something else entirely? Thanks for the help.