StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariomaniac33

This mod is great!  ;D

Any chance on adding starting positions to it? That and AI difficulty selection are the only things that this launcher currently lacks IMO. If those two features are added, this loader will be flawless!  :)

et2010

Quote from: Bt on March 10, 2010, 04:59:06 PM
Why does this launcher get a new thread every single time it is updated?

This is a modified version, not only an update. Esper is not on this project now.

Quote from: LRD on March 10, 2010, 05:06:09 PM
Sweet...

But tell me, how do we change the AI?

You should add an option for that ^^

Quote from: UniqueAim on March 10, 2010, 11:24:27 PM
Are u going to add AI support for this launcher any time soon?

Quote from: mariomaniac33 on March 11, 2010, 01:47:37 AM
This mod is great! 

Any chance on adding starting positions to it? That and AI difficulty selection are the only things that this launcher currently lacks IMO. If those two features are added, this loader will be flawless!

AI difficulty selection is not supported yet, maybe available in future update.
I'm not sure whether it's able to set starting location, but I will check this.

Quote from: balnazzar951 on March 10, 2010, 05:31:31 PM
I got errors for Drive A with this version 
Using Windows 7 x64

This tool has not been tested under Vista or Windows7 yet, I will do the tests later and release an update.

Bt

I use this one now. Very stable.

Slap a nice skin on and you're set!

Joe

Finally, a nice basic loader. Sick of all these glittery addons with stupid features that crash/lag/function horribly. Thank you sir!

Master619

Good one et2010 ;) . Tried this one with Ai 6.1.1 (newest) and newest patch too, and it worked :P . However there are still things that can (easily, i guess) be changed to make this even better:

Some list box to easily browse for maps and AI (in this version AI changing still needs to be done by replacing the Base file)

A nicer GUI (would be great but not really needed)

And thanks for this great launcher  8) 8)

apriores

Can you make last settings to be kept forever, please?

Gamewiz

Quote from: et2010 on March 11, 2010, 03:32:47 AM
This tool has not been tested under Vista or Windows7 yet, I will do the tests later and release an update.

Well I just ran it perfectly, and I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. Works like a charm. :)

et2010

Quote from: Master619 on March 11, 2010, 05:37:58 AM
Good one et2010 ;) . Tried this one with Ai 6.1.1 (newest) and newest patch too, and it worked :P . However there are still things that can (easily, i guess) be changed to make this even better:

Some list box to easily browse for maps and AI (in this version AI changing still needs to be done by replacing the Base file)

A nicer GUI (would be great but not really needed)

And thanks for this great launcher  8) 8)

Thanks.
AI difficulty selection is available in v1.20, and UI would be better in future update.

Quote from: apriores on March 11, 2010, 06:41:06 AM
Can you make last settings to be kept forever, please?

Sure. I'm considering to save last settings a .ini file, and AI location could be customized.

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 11, 2010, 10:21:26 AM
Well I just ran it perfectly, and I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. Works like a charm. :)

Thanks. I'm gonna do some tests under Windows 7 x64.

kblood

Wow, still nice and simple :) This launcher just gets better and better. Thanks.

Kernel64

Quick question:

Since it saves to the \download folder, can I then just copy that modified map, and use LazyLauncher2 directly and start up a game with the same settings?

I mean, say, I set, 1 toss vs 2 zerg, start game, exit starcraft2. Go to the download folder, copy that map and place it under 00\11 and rename it to say,

0011 1v2 PvZZ Lost Temple

then launch lazylauncher2 select the renamed map and expect to see the same matchup?

anon

I just registered to let you know this is the best launcher ever.
The only feature i miss is

- A list of maps in the launcher so that i dont have to browse to them (if you do make this feauture plz make the map folder changeable).

(it would be nice if we could just click a button to import an ai and easily remove an ai from the list to).

Plz dont care about what the launcher looks like functionality comes first.

et2010

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 11, 2010, 11:03:18 AM
Quick question:

Since it saves to the \download folder, can I then just copy that modified map, and use LazyLauncher2 directly and start up a game with the same settings?

I mean, say, I set, 1 toss vs 2 zerg, start game, exit starcraft2. Go to the download folder, copy that map and place it under 00\11 and rename it to say,

0011 1v2 PvZZ Lost Temple

then launch lazylauncher2 select the renamed map and expect to see the same matchup?

No. MapInfo and MapScript.galaxy are no longer updated while starting game since version 1.00. Actually no files will be updated or added in/into the map, the launcher will pass all settings to the DLL, and the DLL will dynamiclly apply the settings by modifying SC2.exe's memory.

Quote from: anon on March 11, 2010, 11:06:52 AM
I just registered to let you know this is the best launcher ever.
The only feature i miss is

- A list of maps in the launcher so that i dont have to browse to them (if you do make this feauture plz make the map folder changeable).

(it would be nice if we could just click a button to import an ai and easily remove an ai from the list to).

Plz dont care about what the launcher looks like functionality comes first.

Thanks for the good ideas. I'm already considering to do so.

MadSheep

lol fps checkbox and AI selection is in the same place fix it plz!