StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

et2010

Quote from: MadSheep on March 11, 2010, 11:27:32 AM
lol fps checkbox and AI selection is in the same place fix it plz!

I made fps checkbox hidden and disabled, I'm considering to remove it in future update, or add more game options (in a new panel).

Jachu

MadSheep

The AI not working...
I extracted TriggerLibs from base file, the program recognise that but no AI in the game!

as for the fps box

kblood

TriggerLibs for several AI:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Mods.rar
And some have their base files as well. Just put all files in the mod folder into mods/ai folder in SC to make it work with this launcher.
There might be a few bugs with this mod though. Some maps would not load for me, maybe because they were edited. Also replays would not work.

gzxaaa

Quote from: MadSheep on March 11, 2010, 12:21:30 PM
The AI not working...
I extracted TriggerLibs from base file, the program recognise that but no AI in the game!

as for the fps box

Same Problem here. The AI mod is recognized by the launcher but in the game no Starcrack AI is loaded and it's just the Bizzard VERY EASY AI. Please fix it!

A few other suggestions:

1. All the slots are default to user, better make slot 2-N default to computer as the original StarLauncher does.

2. Default Map path is better directed to the launcher's path, not "My Documents", or make the launcher able to save the last used path to registry.

3. Those not able to watch replay must be using Vista/7. The Blizzard Cache path is different from XP so the launcher need to adapt to the OS.

Cybertox

Man your launcher is just awesome i really like it.
If you need any help with beta test i can help you just pm me.

Sacroid

Wow, I'm just loving your work! Keep the good job! And let's hope LAN will come up soon!

Bt

Version 1.3 is great, may I make a suggestion though?

Keep the window small as in, make it small enough to fit all 8 players and that is it, the map browser doesn't need to take up that much "screen real estate".

Thanks, other than that this launcher is perfect xD

MadSheep

et2010

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 11, 2010, 03:02:57 PM

A few other suggestions:

1. All the slots are default to user, better make slot 2-N default to computer as the original StarLauncher does.

2. Default Map path is better directed to the launcher's path, not "My Documents", or make the launcher able to save the last used path to registry.

3. Those not able to watch replay must be using Vista/7. The Blizzard Cache path is different from XP so the launcher need to adapt to the OS.

1. Already done in version 1.30-1.31, slot 2-N are set to computer as default.
2. I'll consider to set default map path to a better place.
3. I'm still not sure about that. For one of the reasons, team settings are not saved with/in the replay file, team settings may be incorrect if you've changed them on the launcher before opening the replay.

Quote from: MadSheep on March 11, 2010, 04:48:57 PM
i am loosing my mind is the ai working for anyone of you?

I'm sorry, it's a bug in version 1.20 and 1.30, and it's fixed in version 1.31.

gzxaaa

Great. This is now the BEST launcher on the earth. Some easy but useful improvements are:

1. Enable the allied control. I know you already put a checkbox in the program but you hide it. I tested it and it works great with no problem. It's really fun to control the allied AI's army and build units/structures.

2. It's known that the AI mod (TriggerLibs\*.galaxy) currently loaded needs to match the AI used for the replay to prevent Desync. So make it possible for us to choose corresponding AI version when loading a specific replay.

3.  Put version info and copyright info to the title together and make GUI looks better. And rename SC2Ext.dll to SC2Launcher.dll to prevent confusion as official SC2 file.

apriores

Another thing which would be lovely to have is a tab info with number of players supported by maps.
Also I'd like to save and keep selected the last map played or, at least, first map to be selected by default (in this way you always have access to all settings) and maybe to hide the unused slots to not be seen grayed.
Thanks for all the work put in there. I love that you chosen the TriggerLibs mod and not packed data. In that way we can quickly edit and test AIs.

Artanis186

Woah, didn't even notice this launcher. Looks awesome from what I hear, I'll try it out asap.

et2010

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 11, 2010, 05:43:46 PM
Great. This is now the BEST launcher on the earth. Some easy but useful improvements are:

1. Enable the allied control. I know you already put a checkbox in the program but you hide it. I tested it and it works great with no problem. It's really fun to control the allied AI's army and build units/structures.

2. It's known that the AI mod (TriggerLibs\*.galaxy) currently loaded needs to match the AI used for the replay to prevent Desync. So make it possible for us to choose corresponding AI version when loading a specific replay.

3.  Put version info and copyright info to the title together and make GUI looks better. And rename SC2Ext.dll to SC2Launcher.dll to prevent confusion as official SC2 file.

1. There is a small problem. Allied computers keep trying to control alliance's units, they look like twitching, lol. But it's easy to fix - only allow user to control computer's units.

2. The Desync problem - at least one of the desync problems - is resolved, it was a bug.

3. Thanks.

Quote from: apriores on March 11, 2010, 06:27:17 PM
Another thing which would be lovely to have is a tab info with number of players supported by maps.
Also I'd like to save and keep selected the last map played or, at least, first map to be selected by default (in this way you always have access to all settings) and maybe to hide the unused slots to not be seen grayed.
Thanks for all the work put in there. I love that you chosen the TriggerLibs mod and not packed data. In that way we can quickly edit and test AIs.

Thanks for your good ideas.