Battle.net 2.0 Emulation Coming Soon to a Computer Near You!

Started by CraniX, March 11, 2010, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliffton

codec on the original appears to be tscc as used by camtasia.  download here http://www.techsmith.com/codecs.asp

Or try MadSheeps reencoded version (previous page) :)
Quote from: MadSheep on March 13, 2010, 11:52:20 AM
http://www.multiupload.com/QWGRA9S4OP
re-encoded and re-uploaded to xvid :)

delirtenadam

This is so exciting! I am downloading it now!

[mrn]

etre

The movie shows what is supposed to be the memory hack , server , client and how relate one to each other.

Ofc, what is missing is the video footage of 2 people playing. Not even a loading sceen :)

That proves nothing. I wish them luck.

Btw, use Community Codec Pack and, optional, VLC player. You wont have problems viewing something again.

paranoid

If I had more time, I think I might start learning how to crack software, analyze packets and emulate servers just because of starcraft 2. :)

Even tough I didn't understand most of the video, it's interesting what the tools look like before they are released. Actually I would have expected a lot more command-line stuff instead of GUIs.

Darkslayer

Granted that the video isn't showing much(feeding the trolls:to be honest i can build smt to do exactly what those tools do, not to get me wrong but it is only visual from our pov) but the main point is(and to be honest i can't understand why every one is taking this in the wrong way) that the devs aren't forced to prove anything, they told us about it(in this case they didn't i guess) and that is it, we can trust them or not... but that doesn't mean that we need to fight over it is true or not.

PS: I guess the guy from the vid is russian or from that zone :-?

Draugur

Starcraft II Battle.net 2.0 Emulator (Online Gaming)

Youtube video, what do you guys think?

This is not my video and i have nothing to do with this, i just uploaded it to youtube for people not having to wait to download the file.

Blower

hey i want to start to learn something, but i dont know what.. what do you guys recommend ? valk, or the other guys what you would recommend me? vb.net, c++, scripting, coding(exactly what), reverse engineering (exactly what)? thanks a lot you guys keep up the good work !

Draugur

Quote from: Blower on March 13, 2010, 01:09:43 PM
hey i want to start to learn something, but i dont know what.. what do you guys recommend ? valk, or the other guys what you would recommend me? vb.net, c++, scripting, coding(exactly what), reverse engineering (exactly what)? thanks a lot you guys keep up the good work !

depends... what you want to do?

[mrn]

Hmm, posting that video to youtube... I dunno, won't it atract kinda too much attention to this whole... thing?

theStig

Quote from: Blower on March 13, 2010, 01:09:43 PM

Since you spammed this exact post in many threads here i don't think you have the mind to learn any of that stuff, i mean you seem even not able to understand the basic rules of how to use software... learn this: doublepost sucks. After that, try figuring out the difference between string, float and integer.

If you are seriously willing to learn coding (which i highly doubt) go buy some books.

BTT:

What is seen in the video seems very legit to me. Though all the previous posts on that site did as well. I don't have to see in-game footage (at least for now) to know that they are on to something. That said, i wish you best luck for making progress  ;)

Sacroid

Oh my god, I just can't wait, seriously. They haven't showed gameplay, but I'm sure this is coming very very soon.  8)

Pleomax

Don't post it on youtube because some people are too retarded to install codecs.
Please remove it off yt

theStig

Quote from: Pleomax on March 13, 2010, 01:55:20 PM
Don't post it on youtube because some people are too retarded to install codecs.
Please remove it off yt

++

If one's to dumb to find out which codec it uses he shouldn't be allowed to watch it.
I liked the intention not to draw too much attention until there's something released. I mean really, that stuff is not supposed to be watchable on TubeNoob.  :-X

[mrn]

Ditto.

... and if the video really has the be made "public" like that, Vimeo should be used over Youtube since 1) Vimeo is NOT as known as tube and 2) you can pw protect your vids at Vimeo.