[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackghost

Valkirie, how about making an additional pop-up for the ONLINE LAUNCHER STATS in order to make some more room for future development and return to the non-widescreen view?

And I also insist for Quit and About tabs under application name :P

blackghost

New issue found in version 0.19:

- Application crashes with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message if the user clicks on Download button in order to download a map from the server.

Valkirie

Quote from: blackghost on March 03, 2010, 02:23:01 PM
New issue found in version 0.19:

- Application crashes with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message if the user clicks on Download button in order to download a map from the server.
Working on server due to bandwidth consummation. Fixed anyway.

chaospinhead

Ive been following this and using it up until .18.  Now im running into more problems than its worth.  .17 worked perfectly and looked great.  .18 showed me a page cannot be displayed where the stats were for maps/ai/ and now in .19 i get an unhandled exception when i try to pick a map location...glad i saved .17 to keep using that one.

There is no reason to pick map location when the maps folder is under the starcraft 2 root :/

Happy-I-am

Quote from: theb0rg on March 03, 2010, 01:47:23 PM
Also you should keep the 'default' Maps/Ai folderpaths, but keep the 'change' part.

Agreed.

dupcengier25

hmm when i locate my folder maps and AI (inside SC2 beta) get error.please fix.this error get on version 0.19

Szczegółowe informacje na temat wywoływania debugowania w trybie JIT (just in time)
zamiast tego okna dialogowego znajdują się na końcu tego komunikatu.

************** Tekst wyjątku **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Odmowa dostępu do klucza rejestru 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II Launcher'.
   w Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   w Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)
   w Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.RegistryProxy.SetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object value)
   w WindowsApplication1.Main.SelectMapFolder()
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Zestawy załadowane **************
mscorlib
    Wersja zestawu: 2.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Starcraft II - Beta Launcher
    Wersja zestawu: 0.18.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 0.18.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StarCraft%20II%20Beta/Starcraft%20II%20-%20Beta%20Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Wersja zestawu: 8.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Debugowanie w trybie JIT **************
Aby włączyć debugowanie w trybie JIT (just-in-time), plik .config tej
aplikacji lub komputera (machine.config) musi mieć
wartość jitDebugging ustawioną w sekcji system.windows.forms.
Aplikacja musi być również skompilowana z włączonym
debugowaniem.

Na przykład:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Gdy debugowanie JIT jest włączone, wszystkie nieobsługiwane wyjątki
są wysyłane do debugera JIT zarejestrowanego na komputerze
i nie są obsługiwane w tym oknie dialogowym.

version 0.18 works fine.

Darkov

You still can't play Replays, because the replay files are not shown in the drop down list, even when i select the correct folder(with replays in it).

Once that is fixed, this would be the best launcher yet! All this needs is a chat.

Valkirie

Quote from: Darkov on March 03, 2010, 04:35:15 PM
You still can't play Replays, because the replay files are not shown in the drop down list, even when i select the correct folder(with replays in it).

Once that is fixed, this would be the best launcher yet! All this needs is a chat.
Please tell me what is the replay file extension.

AlexALX

Quote from: Valkirie on March 03, 2010, 04:36:06 PM
Quote from: Darkov on March 03, 2010, 04:35:15 PM

Please tell me what is the replay file extension.
.SC2Replay =) and please read my post) Thank you.

ps I believe that we should make a separate option for replays, and choose Folder. And load Map OR Replay OR Save... Buy i not see saves any where to SC2)) file extension is .SC2Save

DFA

i don't like 0.19

first off, the combo boxes for maps/AI can be edited.
so you can select a map/difficulty, then u can type in that text field
(game version text field can also be modified, but force loading and share map seem to be locked)

for difficulty: this string no longer fits in the space
Custom StarCrack V5.5 (cheating)

when I select a map, but leave the difficulty setting blank, the game still starts (probably uses list index 0 or 1, whatever is first)

"- You can now define Maps/Replay, AI folders (saved into registry)."

whats this, more registry clutter?

if you press Change, then press cancel, for maps it deletes the old set directory
for difficulty, pressing cancel results in msgbox spam

my default web browser is FireFox, but the download link for custom AI 5.5 uses Internet Explorer

Why change text "upload map" to "share map"?
share map sounds like shared vision or something

consider making the "online players" update every 1-2 minutes, otherwise I have to close the launcher then re-open to get a new online player count.

i also liked the old interface, the one with more height than width

getITdone

First thing first. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS ATTRACTIVE GUI LAUNCHER.  ;D

Now onto the "faulty parts" of v0.19.

- The two "Change" buttons are misleading and draws unwanted attention to them. It is most likely to be clicked instead of the dropdown list if the user wants to adjust the AI and the map setting. TPAM already stated what would happen if the user didn't mean to clicked them. May I please suggest a different method to change the folder locations. Perhaps an extra option on the dropdown list to CHANGE the settings.

- Putting the Map/AI folder settings in a simple text-based file (.ini/.cfg) is much easier (cleaner?) than putting them in the Windows Registry, don't you think?

- The launcher is a bit too wide for my taste but I prefer the wide version over the previous tall versions.

- The launcher just stays open at the background after you run the game. That's unnecessary and uses up memory that could be better used on something else (like more for the game). May I please suggest that the launcher automatically minimize (if not exit) after initiating to launch the game.

- For a launcher, 40mb+ in memory is quite big. When minimized, memory use goes down to 2mb+. I'm not sure what objects in the .NET Framework is using that much memory (since I, myself, don't meddle on such environments). Any possibility on transferring to an AutoIT-based application?

DFA

another thing i noticed, i use windows XP, and i have the classic windows theme
for all the buttons on the GUI, they are very plain "OS-theme based" white rectangles.

in your screenshot of the GUI, i see you have vista-like buttons.

I guess that's just the visual basic button control?  in VB6 the command buttons have the old-school look.

this is nothing important, just cosmetics

i agree with getitdone on a few things.  a ini to store paths is definitely win

wow, does the launcher really use 40MB+ of memory?
plz reduce to less than 1MB

btw...this isn't a launcher...its a frontend to a launcher..

upload source please

Artanis186

It's nice that you can change it, but the button's too big. I'd personally prefer a small button with a gear in it. It'd just feel more comfortable and would make the map/AI box have more room for names.

Murderone

Quote from: DFA on March 03, 2010, 07:56:06 PM

wow, does the launcher really use 40MB+ of memory?
plz reduce to less than 1MB

upload source please

WOW your right yeah this program has alot of unless code into it to run 40MB or RAM! that's crazy.. : - /

mOsteel

the launcher is too big ang has a useless cofigurations.