Game Crashes after Patching Base14356

Started by gauban, March 13, 2010, 09:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauban

After patching the latest patch, all kinds of launcher doesn't seem to work anymore.. i keep getting crashes 1/8 of the loading before it finishes.  :'(

T1ND3R

Can you be a little more specific about what launcher/AI/Maps you are trying to use?

Latest patch works fine for me with StarCraft II Beta Launcher -v0.21 with official Blizzard maps, Starcrack AI V 6.0 and 6.1, and with Lazy Launcher V 2.0. <-- these are my settings.

cyberwiz

did you put back the original Base.SC2Data BEFORE patching?

You should absolutely have no problem with it if you did things right, fresh install and let it patch?

mysticalmage13

That's peculiar, mine works fine. I have the same settings as T1nd3r. I think i forgot to put my original Base.SC2Data before patching still it works fine for me. Best course of action would be to reinstall it.

gauban

Quote from: T1ND3R on March 13, 2010, 09:48:07 AM
Can you be a little more specific about what launcher/AI/Maps you are trying to use?

Latest patch works fine for me with StarCraft II Beta Launcher -v0.21 with official Blizzard maps, Starcrack AI V 6.0 and 6.1, and with Lazy Launcher V 2.0. <-- these are my settings.

i tried all the launchers specifically starcraft beta launcher v0.21 / starcrack launcher rev 40 and starlauncher 1.33 using unmodified starcraft maps and ofcourse using lazy launcher w/ an AI of Starcrack v6.1

i wasnt having any problem before the patch but after i patched it up now i cant get passed the loading screen without getting a crash.

lifeofthestreet

Quote from: mysticalmage13 on March 13, 2010, 10:11:16 AM
That's peculiar, mine works fine. I have the same settings as T1nd3r. I think i forgot to put my original Base.SC2Data before patching still it works fine for me. Best course of action would be to reinstall it.

If you use that settings, you dont even need to touch and replace some base.sc2data anywhere, since you can choose any AI file with the 0.21 beta launcher.
After installing the whole client you just need to make subfolders in the AI folder for every base.sc2date you plan to use some time. You even can change the folder where the beta launcher searches for AI files, so if you use the 0.21 beta launcher, my advice for everyone would be to never touch a base.sc2data again, if you download a new one just make a new folder for it.

[mrn]

Quote from: mysticalmage13 on March 13, 2010, 10:11:16 AM
Same here. I didn't even know I was supposed to replace the SC2Data-file with the original one before updating, and yet it works perfectly.

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: gauban on March 13, 2010, 09:27:34 AM
After patching the latest patch, all kinds of launcher doesn't seem to work anymore.. i keep getting crashes 1/8 of the loading before it finishes.  :'(
Happened to me too. Reinstall.

T1ND3R

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on March 13, 2010, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: gauban on March 13, 2010, 09:27:34 AM
Happened to me too. Reinstall.

Yeah, reinstalling may be the best course of action. But after your fresh install, make sure that you re-download all of the newest files that you plan to use (Launchers, AI, Maps, and the newest Lazylauncher).