6.1 AI zerg too easy?

Started by NefiX, March 13, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NefiX

I've been playing many 2v2 games and I find zerg AI very weak. They lose within first 5-10mins. They just don't make enough units. My protoss ally took down 2x zerg alone! That's why I play only with terran/toss computers for now. Anyone else experienced this?

QQJoker

Many gamers agree that blizzard made zerg race the weakest out of the three. All they have are roaches and ultralisks that are good. Ultralisks is late game. The player will be killed with only using zergs and bannelings in the beggining.

Phyon

Quote from: QQJoker on March 13, 2010, 03:15:51 PM
Many gamers agree that blizzard made zerg race the weakest out of the three. All they have are roaches and ultralisks that are good. Ultralisks is late game. The player will be killed with only using zergs and bannelings in the beggining.

I disagree  :) zerg is my favorite race to play as and I know i only fight the computer but with just zerglings and banlings I rip all of the computers apart early game switch off later on of coarse but that is a very powerful combination early on. But over all I go zerglings + banelings a lot more often then roaches even to mid game.

I use mutalisks mid game but not really keep alive or fight the other army it is there just to harass as i move into late game because zerglings and banelings can even destroy most mid tier armies.

Rain[sun]

Aren't the majority of the high-rank platinum players Zerg...?
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Nova

The Zerg race itself is pretty balanced, like all races, it's just that yes, the AI we currently have for the Zerg really lacks compared to the other two.

Rain[sun]

True story, I havent played much of this AI but toss has beat the rest out for me so far
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

gskellig

I disagree. Zerg keeps pwning me.
I still haven't been able to beat the 6.1.1, on any race, with any race.

Yes I'm a noob. Plz halp?

QQJoker

6.1 cheating zerg ai is pretty easy to me now.

crazian

Quote from: gskellig on March 15, 2010, 08:11:38 PM
I disagree. Zerg keeps pwning me.
I still haven't been able to beat the 6.1.1, on any race, with any race.

Yes I'm a noob. Plz halp?

here's my tip for ya if you go terran: rush banshee.
zergs have virtually 0 early game Anti-air except spores, hydas are mid-game as it requires lair upgrade and hydra den.
so block off your ramps, get about 8~10 marines one by one (dont queue up more than 2 units at a time), get gas fast, get a factory and build tech lab while you build starport.
by the time starport is ready move it onto the tech lab that's already been built by your factory, and pump out banshees.
you should immediately get a second starport, as well as continuing getting marines.
once you have 3 banshees, go straight into his base and kill the queen, and any spore that's under construction.
then you win.
remember: don't wait to gang up banshees, if you wait then he'll have the base full of spores and hydras waiting for you
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

Astazha

The present version of Starcrack (6.1.1) Zerg is somewhat limited.  Zerg only have one opening build, and as was said above they don't build enough units.

Even if you roll the air-power mid-game build, it shifts back to ground during the Late stage and never develops Brood Lords no matter what.  2 of the late builds are just Zergling/Hydra/Roaches, and the 3rd one adds Ultras.  Pretty basic.

I'm developing an AI for Zerg that I'm calling Overmind that I hope will make this a very fun race to play against.  I <3 Zerg and I want to see the AI making good use of them.  It's going to be a while though as I'm dropping the "randomly selected build order" approach in favor of making an AI that is truly making decisions, and it's going to be a lot of work.

QQJoker

Quote from: Astazha on March 17, 2010, 09:11:28 PM

The present version of Starcrack (6.1.1) Zerg is somewhat limited.  Zerg only have one opening build, and as was said above they don't build enough units.

Even if you roll the air-power mid-game build, it shifts back to ground during the Late stage and never develops Brood Lords no matter what.  2 of the late builds are just Zergling/Hydra/Roaches, and the 3rd one adds Ultras.  Pretty basic.

I'm developing an AI for Zerg that I'm calling Overmind that I hope will make this a very fun race to play against.  I <3 Zerg and I want to see the AI making good use of them.  It's going to be a while though as I'm dropping the "randomly selected build order" approach in favor of making an AI that is truly making decisions, and it's going to be a lot of work.

good luck on that bro... their just havent been much ai releases lately..

masky007

i created ai 6.1 standard version computer vs computer and me as ovbserver..
first game zerg vs protos. = protos winner
second game zerg vs terrain = terrain winner
third game terrain vs protos = terrain winner
fourth game zerg vs terrain vs protos = terrain winner (the protos was wiped first from the terrain.. and the zerg was expanding on explansions while the other 2 were fighting. BUT the zerg is pretty much STUPID.. he always had 6k minerals and didnt build army.. when the protos was wiped.. the zerg and the terrain met in a fight for a short.. the zerg won.. after that, the stupid zerg was building couple of more queens rofl.. and in the meanwhile the terrain was going after battlecrusiers.. the terrain had 8 BC.. and he went to attack it.. the zerg had 25 hyrdalysks 60 roaches. and tons of queens and zerglings... the zerg sufferd destruction of his two expansions while in the middle in the fight he brought some anti air to defend him self.. he defended him self after really great loss.. (he lost all roaches cuz of just leaving them in the middle of the cross fire from the battlecruisers.. :/... after he countered the attack of the terrain .. the nabfuck didnt build anything! i mean.. he had like 7k minerals.. and building nothing for a while.. later on.. the terrain was massing battleC.. and the zerg was massing roaches.. however.. when the terrain attacked him again.. the same mistake he didnt moved any of his roaches... isntead he could attack the terrains base.. while the terrain is invading his own base..

what i see here.. is that the ZERG is pretttyyyy much stupid... the protos is better.. at least he builds mass zealots and stalkers.. and the terrain is the best so far..

what i would like to do is to match up different AI's but i dont know how to do that :P// i am bigger fan to observe and critic than playing the game itself :)

kolera

I also noticed this too. I find protoss the most developed one since it can pretty much made use of the higher tech units closely followed by terran then zerg.

ajax

I agree, the zerg AI, even on hard, never pose a threat towards me, they are so predictable and never build enough units

totocows

Ive always heard that the best way to beat the zerg is to mass produce banshess, so i tried that. I had like 15 of them and was starting to atack but they always build infestors to kill them. Ive tried this twice. Then for some reason aftert they kill them they just hover over my cc for some reason, and wont move. You can just have some marines sit there and shoot them down. For a few days i had some trouble beating the zerg wich was weird becouse the first time i killed them it was easy. but I have come to the idea that the best stratigy to use whould be to mass produce Marauders and Marines. Make a whole lot more Marauders that marines. Every time the zerg try to use roaches and zerglines to attack throughout the entire match almost until they start to use some hydralisks mixed in. Marauders just beat the crap out of roaches. It would seem to be very easy for the ia to figure out that useing roaches at the point isnt going to work but ehh there the ia so whatch'a gonna do. :-\ 

Side note: I also agree that the hardest ia to take down is the Protoss and in relation to  masky007's post about how he pinned the races against each other and the terran came out on top. I dont beleive that just because the ia beat the other ia makes it the hardest out of all of the races for aperson to beat.