[Entry 1] Most devious... (animated)

Started by [mrn], March 19, 2010, 11:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTiger

Quote from: Xwoa on April 02, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
You can use the Blizzard typeface without infringing on copyright  ::)

I'm pretty sure that Fonts and Artwork (including the concept art people use) are all copyrighted by blizzard and if they wanted they could issue take-down notices or pursue legal action for using their work.

That being said, Blizzard probably enjoys the free publicity they get and wont do any such thing.

enjoikr3w

Blizzard does not mind anyone using their copyrighted work as long as it is for personal or noncommercial use.

"Blizzard Entertainment® hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non- assignable license to use and display, for home, noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any material and/or software that you may download from this site, including, but not limited to, any files, codes, audio or images incorporated in or generated by the software (collectively the "Downloaded Content") provided, however, that you must include or maintain all copyright and other notices contained or associated with such Downloaded Content. You acknowledge and agree that you may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer this license or the Downloaded Content and that no title to the Downloaded Content has been or will be transferred to you from Blizzard Entertainment® or anyone else. You also agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Downloaded Content."

Gj

That's an awesome banner. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:
The colour works really well with the current website colours.
I think it would be better for you if the slogan wasn't placed in a black area and if no animation occurred. It took me 5 seconds just to be able to read the slogan alone because of the darkness itself and the tentacles.
You can also see that the slogan begins bright and becomes darker. Try and keep the colour of the text consistent.
If you don't want to change it, try putting an outer glow on the text to make it more easily read.

[mrn]

Quote from: Xwoa on April 02, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
You can use the Blizzard typeface without infringing on copyright  ::)
The reason why I didn't use the Blizzard/StarCraft -font clone was that it looks so damn fugly.

[mrn]

Quote from: Gj on April 03, 2010, 01:20:54 AM
That's an awesome banner. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:
The colour works really well with the current website colours.
I think it would be better for you if the slogan wasn't placed in a black area and if no animation occurred. It took me 5 seconds just to be able to read the slogan alone because of the darkness itself and the tentacles.
You can also see that the slogan begins bright and becomes darker. Try and keep the colour of the text consistent.
If you don't want to change it, try putting an outer glow on the text to make it more easily read.
Thanks for the crits! :)

It was made on purpose so that the slogan text wasn't too clear, and to "fade" to the background at times. I've checked my banner with 4-5 LCD-monitors of which 2 of them were properly calibrated, and the slogan text was quite readable when it comes to the brightness levels of the banner.

Untill the next update :)

Sacroidd

"Your  most obvious source for B.net bots" --> So epic, I love this motto ^_^BTW, I seriously fucking LOVE this banner, my favourite of them all, good job mrn!!!

[mrn]

Quote from: Sacroidd on April 03, 2010, 05:59:49 AM
"Your  most obvious source for B.net bots" --> So epic, I love this motto ^_^BTW, I seriously fucking LOVE this banner, my favourite of them all, good job mrn!!!
Actually now that you said it, "obvious" does sound better than what it really says now  8)

MinusTheVolta

The animated banner is freakin sweet.   Did you do this in something like after effects and then imported to flash?

[mrn]

Quote from: MinusTheVolta on April 03, 2010, 02:12:38 PM
The animated banner is freakin sweet.   Did you do this in something like after effects and then imported to flash?
Thank you. The main banner animation was created in AE, then exported it to flash-video -format (flv). That flv-file was then imported to Flash, where I composed the flash file with preloader etc. Then I made a basic css-layout website with flash embedded inside.