[Entry 1] Most devious... (animated)

Started by [mrn], March 19, 2010, 11:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[mrn]

Here comes yet another update  :-X

Instead of using the (copyrighted) Blizzard material – like my competitors do – I tried to make unique look for the DarkBlizz-banner. Also I didn't go for an extensive look change for the menu etc, but it could easily be done if required.

Please check out the animated version at »HERE« (updated)

It's a ~700kb flash site, and while the loop isn't perfect yet I'm sure you'll get the idea.

(old entries:)
Quote from: [mrn] on March 19, 2010, 11:51:40 AM
Ok   I wasn't entirely happy with my first try so I had to make a new one   with more "blizz" in it. So this is my primary entry for the comp:

(below is the original one)

Applewilliam

Switcha

[mrn]

Quote from: Applewilliam on March 19, 2010, 01:11:46 PM
Haha the tear drop is pretty witty
Thanks. Those sharp edges are actually blades of katar swords, brining out the sharper edge of DB-community ;O

[mrn]

Bump. Let me know what you think of the new one  :bangshead:

Parabola

It looks good, but I highly recommend not using animated banners as they butcher quality.

[mrn]

Quote from: Parabola on March 20, 2010, 02:15:28 PM
It looks good, but I highly recommend not using animated banners as they butcher quality.
I guess it depends how hi-fi you wanna go. With flash I could've made the quality slightly better because of its video capabilities while maintaining small file size, but I wanted to go oldschool just to be sure the file plays for all.

Parabola

Do it! And don't forget to add our slogan, "Your #1 Source for Battle.net Bots" or "Making Battle.net Magic!"

Personally I prefer the latter.  ;D

zTaya

i really like the blizzard animation! what'd you make it in?

[mrn]

Quote from: Parabola on March 20, 2010, 02:44:06 PM
Do it! And don't forget to add our slogan, "Your #1 Source for Battle.net Bots" or "Making Battle.net Magic!"
I'll see what I can do for the next update, if there's gonna be one :P

Quote from: zTaya on March 20, 2010, 02:57:53 PM
i   really like the blizzard animation! what'd you make it in?
Thanks! I was just playing around with AE :)

Sacroidd

I like it very much! But I think the animation it's just a bit "too fast". I think slowing it down a little bit would be more than awesome  :thumbsup:

[mrn]

BUMP, updated again. Remember to check the link provided.

enjoikr3w

I think this animation is great. I think it would be even better if the "tentacles" were in slow motion instead of fast paced like they are. Also if you could blend in the banner with the right portion it would make this a strong competitor.

[mrn]

Quote from: enjoikr3w on March 30, 2010, 06:16:42 PM
I think this animation is great. I think it would be even better if the "tentacles" were in slow motion instead of fast paced like they are. Also if you could blend in the banner with the right portion it would make this a strong competitor.
Thanks for the crit! I just updated it with slower tentacles and made it blend better with the login panel (the panel is made in html/css for easier usage (admin-wise))

Xwoa

You can use the Blizzard typeface without infringing on copyright  ::)