[Entry 1] My banner entry

Started by Xwoa, March 19, 2010, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xwoa

Here is the banner:

Here's the sidebar:

Here's how it would look on the site:

The reasons I went with this design:
- The banner is shorter than the current banner, cutting about 40px off and decreasing the size, increasing space for site content
- The banner is not explicitly starcraft, but has strong connections with starcraft, which will most likely be a key game from here out (and certainly is now)
- I feel that the color (the greys behind the explosion) matches the site layout well.
- You can directly replace the two current images (banner and sidebar) with these two, making the change effortless.

Thanks!

RaTcHeT302

Cool, but do we really need to make the sidebar D:?

Xwoa

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on March 19, 2010, 04:43:04 PM
Cool, but do we really need to make the sidebar D:?

I wouldn't think you would need to, however I felt mine would look much better if the explosion could transition across. Otherwise you're limited to transparent BGs (or you'd have a harsh vertical line going down the right side of your image).

zTaya

wow! definitely the nicest so far, there goes my dreams of making a banner

Xwoa

Thanks  :)

If the motto is going to be changed (to Making B.NET Magic, for example), and mine is picked, I can easily change the motto as well.

CookieMonster

Nice banner, good job on the text

cd_wizard

wow i just wet myself thats just amazing.

MinusTheVolta

yeah so uhh.. this one is bretty badass.  I should be postin mine tomorrow.  0_o kinda scared of this one.

Sacroidd

I seriously love this banner! It's simpleness it's so beautiful! Just one little thing, sorry for my missunderstanding but, wich are the differences between you sidebar and the site's one?  :-X

Xwoa

Thanks for the posts!

The modified sidebar just replaces the black with my custom explosion-blur bg. The reason I did it in two parts is because that's how it appears to be on the site now, so it would make for an easier transition (just drop them in).

MinusTheVolta

yep, I saw that too.  sounds like your a fellow webdesigner.  looks like it too.