Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeakNiZ

Thanks for bringing those AI over, really fun to play against.

LOSTKnight

strategy AI is a no resource cheating AI,but somewhat know the information of players.

Joe

The author clearly made a mistake and made both versions cheating. I made a post about it on my site. You could download the one I made or just change these lines in Ghost.galaxy from:

AIHarvestRate (player, 2);
AIHarvestBonus (player, 2);

to

AIHarvestRate (player, 1);
AIHarvestBonus (player, 1);

http://jrealm.info/2010/03/21/ghost-ai-0-8/

link to my post mentioning it.

Edit: He fixed it awhile ago I guess. The one ur using was the 2nd up. So nm.

KaoReal

Quote from: Joe on March 22, 2010, 08:57:24 PM
You shoulda done some research on .85 :P . The author clearly made a mistake and made both versions cheating. I made a post about it on my site. You could download the one I made or just change these lines in Ghost.galaxy from:

AIHarvestRate (player, 2);
AIHarvestBonus (player, 2);

to

AIHarvestRate (player, 1);
AIHarvestBonus (player, 1);

http://jrealm.info/2010/03/21/ghost-ai-0-8/

link to my post mentioning it.

Do you know what the changelog is for 8.0 to 8.5?

Joe

Changes:

• Strengthened AI Harassment

• Strengthened Terran & Protoss late game AI

• Minor bug fixes

from what I understand

jason_born

The author clearly made a mistake and made both versions cheating. I made a post about it on my site.

Man,there are two versions in the ghost AI 0.85 pack. A cheating version(resource x2) and a semi-non-cheating version(computer knows what you are doing).

Joe

Quote from: jason_born on March 23, 2010, 02:25:24 AM
The author clearly made a mistake and made both versions cheating. I made a post about it on my site.

Man,there are two versions in the ghost AI 0.85 pack. A cheating version(resource x2) and a semi-non-cheating version(computer knows what you are doing).

Not what I was saying. The original he uped had 2x resource gain in both ver. But you added the 2nd one he upped. So it doesnt matter.

KaoReal

How do I tell which is the resource hacker?

edit: nevermind! dumb question :P i was assuming .85 was going to have chinese characters in the zips like .8 did, but i was wrong. if that was you, OP, who renamed the packs, thank you :P

Organized_Chaos

Hey, that strategy AI is pretty damn good!!  I checked, and it doesn't cheat as far as resources.  I'm pretty sure it "map hacks", but hey, it's just an AI so I'll give it that handicap.   ;)

So it's given me the best challenge!

Man7a

The Ghost AI is only good when they terran imho.

The Strat AI is awesome, too bad they don't "Scout" even if they can see map, would have added a nice feel to the game.

But other than that, awesome AI, Starcrack 7 has to do good to beat this. getting so excited, playing AI has never been so much Fun lol!

Manta

klaretos

Terran Ghost Ai is just sick. I've neever seen better use of banshees, they just find a weak spot without defense and harass. Also if you send one sentry for example they kill it, if you send 4-5, the banshees retreat and go to another defenseless spot of your base. Gonna try 0.9 now and starcrack7 and will post reviews later.

Great work guys! Even I have a beta key, I enkoy playing with bots and trying new strategies to improve my game.

jason_born

Well,I think Ghost 0.9 is worse than 0.85. :(

klaretos

Much better than starcrack 7 IMO. Haven't tried the cheating7 but 0.9>std7 by far. As the above poster can't see much difference than 0.85 though. Fact is that ghost is still the king of bots!

jason_born

Really strange. Some say Ghost 0.9 is much better than 0.85 while some say it's much worse. Maybe I haven't played enough coz Ghoust AI updates so frequently,but I find 0.9 is easier for me than 0.85.

Organized_Chaos

For those of you that don't wanna mess with MPQ editor and moving files over, etc...I've uploaded the Base.SC2Data file for strategy AI v0.2.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnquyjlnorq