Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_born

23#Strategy AI 0.41 updated.
changelog:
<improved zerg's air defense.
<No need for Gamedata folder now.

22# Strategy AI 0.4(fix?) updated. It seems the author has updated his files without changing version number. I guess I need to make an update too,I have no idea what has been changed though. For patch.sc2archive version please check 21#. Dead links have been updated too. :)

21# Strategy AI 0.4 updated.
changelog:
<Added more microcontrol management for AI.
<AI now is able to cancel the building in construction.
<Optimized workers' harvest and timing for making expansion.
<Added rush opening.
<Optimized attack?

p.s
patch.sc2archive resource x1.6 version:http://u.115.com/file/f8f9b5e228
patch.sc2archive standard version: http://u.115.com/file/f8a64892fe
Base.sc2data is not available any more. Copy the file to XX:StarCraft II BetaVersionsBase14803 to replace the original file.(backup first!) You'll need the original file to watch replays though.

20# Aiur AI 1.32(only protoss) updated. Fixed many problems. According to the author,it's 15% stronger.

19# Strategy AI 0.31 updated.
changelog:
<Three main strategies for AI now:Early rush,rush with blend of various units,high-tech revenge! :P
<Optimized harassment.
<Optimized the condition for AI to make expansion.
<AI is quiet now.
base.sc2data download here: http://u.115.com/file/t826e2528

18#I messed up the names of each folder. Sorry but it's been fixed.

17#Aiur AI 1.31(Protoss only) updated. The author suxue says now it is recommended to use with Strategy AI!

16#Strategy AI 0.3 updated. Made a lot of changes according to the author. ;) Base.sc2data here:http://u.115.com/file/t8dc0f5a89
p.s. If you prefer a quiet AI,add "//" in the beginning of the last line in the strategyAI.galaxy file,which is "TriggerDebugOutput(1, StringToText("<c val=""+ player_colors   +"">"+s+"</c>"), true);".  :)  Note that there's only 0.21 available for non-cheating AI now. Looks like the author has discontinued the non-cheating AI.

15#Gamedata Instruction:If you use starcraft II launcher,you'd better put Gamedata together with your Triggerlibs. For example,my Ghost AI directory is /Starcraft II beta/Mods/Ghost AI 1.1f/Triggerlibs,then my directory for Gamedata is /starcraft II beta/Mods/Ghost AI 1.1f/Gamedata. There's a bug if you put gamedata under your game directory when you use starcraft II launcher.
To check if your Gamedata has been applied correctly,create a game with only AI protoss,if they can use Chrono boost as soon as energy reaches 25,you are good to go! The same applies to Strategy AI. :)

14#Ghost AI 1.1(fix) updated. Fixed a bug that may cause freeze in the game. Please put Gamedata folder under your game folder,like Starcraft II Beta/Gamedata,or your AI will be very stupid. :P

13#Aiur  AI 1.29(protoss patch for Ghost) updated.  Fixed some AI problems.

12#Strategy AI 0.22 updated. Base.sc2data version,here: http://u.115.com/file/t85597cd49
Changelog:
<Added Ghost AI's Gamedata
<Optimized AI's timing for attack
<Now Protoss' sentry can use skills in a battle
<Enabled Terran's battlecruiser's Yamato Cannon upgrade.
<Modified AI's timing for making expansion.
<Removed AI's defense buildings to avoid a conflict with a function of attack. This conflict may be solved in the next version.
<Resource in cheating version is not x2 but x1.6 now.
Put Gamedata folder under your game's root folder. /Starcraft II beta/Gamedata (If you encounter problems with your launcher,delete this folder. The folder is to give AI the ability to attack your units with low hp first. Not tested.)

11#Aiur 1.28 updated. Fixed a lot of problems and made several improvement!  :)

10#Aiur 1.25 updated. Improved mid and late game;fixed the problem that AI never rebuilds his expansion after getting destroyed.

9#Ghost AI 1.1 updated. Made some minor improvement since 1.0 was not aggressive enough.

8#Aiur 1.20(Protoss patch) If you like Ghost AI,I strongly recommend this patch. Don't try two protoss AIs in one game,the author says it'll cause severe bugs.

7#update:Strategy AI 0.21. There are 3 versions now:Easy:Resource x1,no maphack;/Standard:Resource x1,maphack/Hard:Resource x2,maphack. For Base.sc2data version,here's the link:
http://u.115.com/file/t8296de200
changelog:
●My thanks go to starcrack AI 7.0. This AI uses some of its techniques.
●New method for AI to determine whether to attack.
●Optimized units skills upgrade.
●Optimized resource usage.
●Added more strategies.
●Redundant codes removed.
●Added easy and hard version.
●Try out and see.

6#update:Ghost 1.0. All known bugs fixed. The author says no more update in the near future,and I also hope so...

5#update:Ghost 0.91. Fixed bugs that AI may not build air defense or may not build high tech units.

4#update:Aiur AI 1.17

3#update:Ghost AI 9.0 now. BTW,the author said in 9.0 he used Starcrack AI 7.0's StarCrackTactical.galaxy file,which gives AI ability to repair or fly his buildings under attack. And some other improvement as well. :P

2#update:Aiur AI 1.16(Protoss patch for Ghost AI)

1#update:Someone(Suxue?) made a green patch to reinforce Ghost AI's Protoss. To use it, just replace the old TriggerLibs/Protoss.galaxy. BTW,the patch makes AI protoss completely clean (no maphack) yet stronger.

Since no one updated these two AIs,which are from a chinese forum,I have registered an account here just to share them.
I have just won the first time against ghost AI 0.7 last night,then the new version came out this morning. :D Also,Strategy AI 0.2 only came out yesterday. It looks impossible for me to win it at the moment. I'm noob on SC2 though... :P
I guess they may be semi non-cheating AIs,coz I have a feeling that they have a sort of maphack thing.

KaoReal

Thanks for bringing these over here man, I'm a big fan of the Chinese AIs :)

MrYoda

Thanks, dude...!
I really kinda like that Strategy AI and I guess I will like this updated one even more :)
Thanks again!

jason_born

You are all welcome. :)
I'll keep the thread up to date.

klaretos

How do you launch strategyAI thrhough betalauncher? I put triggerlibs folder on the AI folder but I get an error when launching it.

trup

Guys i dont know how to use this AI.... please someone tell me how do it. I tried renaming it to Mods but i keep on getting errors. Please help me.

klaretos

Yeah, I have the same problem with all AIs that do not include the .mod and have a triggerlibs folder. Could not find any post on any other thread as well for solution.

foobie

Take the original Base.SC2Data and replace TriggerLibs files with the ones in the archive. I already did that so here's GhostAI 0.8 in mod format.

KaoReal

Use this launcher, it seems to be the most stable to me.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-launcher/

I had to reinstall my beta because I somehow messed it up using different AIs and launchers, but it is very clean and easy now.

Heres an example of what the ghost directory looks like after SC2 Launcher is installed:
C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\SC2 Launcher\Mods\ *this is where you move the ghost folder to* Ghost AI 0.8\TriggerLibs\files.galaxy

klaretos

Thanks Foobie, but how do I replace the original Triggerlibs files? I can't find them to change the mod. I ask you in order to make strategy 0.2 work as well

ItsTheFark

I placed the strategy 0.2 folder in the same folder where I keep all my AI but I get an error when I try to use the Beta Launcher with it.

For a newb, would you mind showing how to convert its files into a Base.SC2Data file?

trup

Well... i got it working by putting the original Mods folder + trigger folder in the starcraft 2 beta folder...

jason_born

Make sure your Base.SC2Data file is original as some AIs need to replace this file with theirs. And then put the Triggerlibs folder under your game folder,like C:/program files/Starcraft II Beta/Triggerlibs/.

If you use starcraft II launcher like me,you may creat a folder and name it Ghost AI 0.8 and put its Triggerlibs folder in the Mods folder. It should be like /starcraft II Beta/Mods/Ghost AI 0.8/Triggerlibs.

Just make sure everything else is original.

klaretos

Trup, figured out how to make a new mod... here is what to do:

1. Download MPQ editor from here
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

2. make a new folder in the AI folder named ghost 0.8 for example and place the original sc2base mod there. Then open the file wih the mpq editor and copy the ghost triggerlibs folder and paste it inside the editor to replace the original ones. when you exit the mod is changed and i works

klaretos

Played vs strategy 0.2 and lost after 15 minutes.. is it a cheating bot?