[Entry 1] Animated baner/logo/intro PROJECT RE DONE AS WEB THEME NOW! Check it

Started by masky007, March 22, 2010, 01:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItzMattu

For purposes of effort and artistry I give you an A.

However, from a usability standpoint, having a wait time to be able to use the menu is quite annoying to a lot of people. If you want a little door slam animation, don't have the menu come in post-animation but rather have it be there all along (i.e. www.starcraft2.com).

Also, get a more readable font.

Otherwise, good job and good luck.

herak

I'm tired of going around websites hosting contests that require some sort of design skill, filled with submissions of people stealing the creative work of others, AND acting like they are the true owners of the work.

Quote4.) All submitted entries must be original   and your own.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fracture_design/

"GREAT WORK"

totocows

wow that really great!!! I didnt think anyone would post something as good as that. :thumbsup:

Gj

Quote from: herak on March 29, 2010, 04:19:54 PM
I'm tired of going around websites hosting contests that require some sort of design skill, filled with submissions of people stealing the creative work of others, AND acting like they are the true owners of the work.

Quote4.) All submitted entries must be original   and your own.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fracture_design/

"GREAT WORK"

:o How'd you find that?

Well I understand from you POV how you think it isn't his own original entry, seeing as he copied/borrowed the concept of closing steel doors. But I feel like its a concept where anyone can use.
Just take for example forum sigs, you can't just accuse another member that they've copied your work just because they used the same special FX as your sigs. That's what tutorials are for  :P .
On another note, there's a message on the bottom right of the site saying that its an "Advanced Tutorial". So I'm pretty sure he has the write to use the concept.

P.S. I'm not trying to demean you, I'm just trying to show  you a different POV.

herak

im a mograph designer myself

and no... you just click on "download the project", so no skill there, rather see someone wining with a banner made in paint... thats at least legit

Rain[sun]

It says Darkblizz, and I doubt that link you posted made it for Darkblizz, so thats all I need to know to say he did SOME editting. It is most definitely original and someone's work whether his or someone elses. Original doesn't need to mean every detail is handmade; templates/tutorials are helpful, but he made some shit on his own at least didn't he.
Was there criteria for how many hours you need to dedicate to making something for it to count?
The site probably doesn't give two shits about how he made it as long as he didnt just take someone elses submission and upload it.
Not to mention if they like the design, whos stopping them from using it?
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

theStig

Quote from: herak on March 29, 2010, 04:19:54 PMhttp://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fracture_design/

"GREAT WORK"

Quote from: theStig on March 26, 2010, 10:09:55 AM
other than that, not bad. you obviously   like watching andrew kramer  :whistle:

guys... i was aware of that already. so what? it's his entry, live with it.

masky007

OK you say "CLOSING DOORS" as in my entry is stealing content?

Do you want me to point out at least 10 concepts how dors are closing??

That tutorial is verry veryy old. i learned those stuff doing it from andrew kramer and couple of other people which i paid.. and no i did not used project files or whatever.

How is this stealing work of others i really dont know.. i'v made this project from scratch in after effects.. the idea which was mine was to SMASH the original blizzard logo and the reborning of darkblizz!! (you see that somewhere in andrew kramer tutorials?)

So to make two dors closing is only 5 mins work. (the door crashing was the LOL easiet work.. only key some frames and animate it)
This project took me 3 days of hard work.. what about the background behind the darkblizz logo? the smoke the light etc etc.. i can't say i "invented" the FX but i combined more FX that i learned stuff from reading/watching tutorials .. (HOW ELSE Could you do that)? i am not Adobe expert in AE or Flash.. ARE YOU?
even people that create stuff in paint use techniqes from more advanced users.. and that is stealing concept? uhh you are so wrong..

i really dont know how to defend my self. but this aint stealing design from some1 .. Andrew Kramer have one thing in common with my entry.. closing doors ( and thousnds of other banners/logos intros or whatever)

Tell me if am not right!!

Again this project took me 3 days of hard work.. no editing from project files but everything was my work! .to prove that.. try to download the project from andrew and try to make it as i did if you can..

how i did it:

1. I'v found pattern of steal metal on google. i edited it in photoshop.
2. Animate the doors..
3. Key the logo
4. Paint the logo with alpha chanel in photoshop
5. Create lights in the background for the darkblizz logo
6. Create particles for the lights to appear only when the light moves (i am not gonna explain how.. but its a bit complicated process)
7. Make FX like smoke is falling in the backround
8make flash of blue when the original blizzard is smashed from the door
9. Make sparks when the original blizzard logo is smashed to make it look like some plasma smash or something..
10. Final tweeks like color adjustments etc etc

11 making concept how can you integrate all this on the forum
12 animating the botoom bar and the top bar.
13 animating the text
14 animating the on mouse hover (the animated atom)
15 animating other texts.
16 creating the illusion how the real thing would be when its uploaded on real website

17 sounds. ( i googled and edited various sounds to achieve the effect)
18 sync the sound with the animation
19 making final tweaks (i.e. quilty/size cuz this would be used for website need appropriate file size)
20 final collor corrections
21 rendering.. finish

and more i belive i'v forgut somethings!
its not edditing but creating from scratch !!

Rain[sun]

Dude.
Andrew Kramer invented the idea of closing doors. He's gonna sue you.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Applewilliam

I don't think this would ever work its too bulky. The page would load slow as shit

MinusTheVolta

no big deal that he based it off of a different animation, lots of people get inspiration from others. 

I do agree that this would be too bulky though.

Xwoa

Looks neat, nice work.

I think you might want to exercise some restraint though because that thing is huge, and while it looks cool, would start to get obnoxious after a while lol (and how's the filesize?). I can't really see this thing ever being practical.

masky007

will load fast not that slow as you think, guys haven't you seen flash sites??, everything could be 3mb. Xwoa maybe check the picture of how it will integrate with the website ;).. oh and yeah evrything is getting boring after a while :P

however my idea was the blizz logo to be crashed only "on the first page" and for all other pages it goes only darkblizz along with the menu (there isn't smashing doors)