Humanik V1.0.0

Started by AlsoKnownAs, April 09, 2010, 09:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlsoKnownAs

I'm uploading a video on Strategy 0.13 VS. Humanik V1.0.0, it should be available on youtube in 2 hours or so XD.

xie860621,thanks for recommending  ;D , I'll look into it when I have time, will reply you a.s.a.p XD

logo

Latest version of Strategy AI is 0.31 not 0.13. :anono:

AlsoKnownAs

opps  :-X , I've uploaded the wrong video -_-, I'll upload the V0.31 and Starcrack 7.0 by this week  :cheers: .

AlsoKnownAs

Anyway, here's the replay between Humanik V1.0.0 versus Strategy AI V0.13, I'll upload versus against 0.31 and Starcrack 7.0 by this week or so  :) .

StarCraft 2 Beta (Wings of Liberty) Humanik V1.0.0 [VS.] Strategy V0.13 - AI Versus AI (Part 1) (Part 1)
StarCraft 2 Beta (Wings of Liberty) Humanik V1.0.0 [VS.] Strategy V0.13 - AI Versus AI (Part 2) (Part 2)

whoamI

You should really play against 0.31 to improve your AI..

StubbornRock

Very nice, and that is what I am talking about that strategy expand too fast without knowing that his opponent is massing army(it always expand at 8min or something). Try vs terran strategy AI next time. After all I think the terran AI is somewhat better functioned than the other two races.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-discussion/ai-wats-to-improve/
no one ever comment on my suggestions T.T, am I that short sighted?
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

klaretos

Great work AKA! I loved your commentary during the videos, can't wait to try it out!

whoamI

AlsoKnownAs

Strategy 0.31 (non-cheating) is doing the same thing as 0.13, tested and the results are the same, no scouting and expanding while having too much assumptions, I'll post the replays anyhow  :D .

Has some variations of strategy over the past, yet still doing the same mistake of not scouting and expanding too fast.

B_w_S

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 10, 2010, 11:19:22 AM
Anyway, here's the replay between Humanik V1.0.0 versus Strategy AI V0.13, I'll upload versus against 0.31 and Starcrack 7.0 by this week or so  :) .
I don't really believe that this test can be considered very valid. Strategy AI is completely based on having full vision. There is nothing coded to let it scout. Putting yours up against it without its vision was kind-of like fighting a blind guy.

Regardless, keep up the good work. I'll look forward to seeing updates from you soon!  ;D

AlsoKnownAs

QuoteI don't really believe that this test can be considered very valid.  Strategy AI is completely based on having full vision. There is nothing  coded to let it scout. Putting yours up against it without its vision  was kind-of like fighting a blind guy.
B_w_S, there is a version (non-cheating) where it indeed does not have map vision as checked by me  :) , it only scouts during mid/late game. As shown in the MeleeAI.galaxy below:

Quote// AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffNormalVision, false);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffLimitAPM, false);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffAutoLoadBunkers, true);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffEarlyGameRepair, true);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffEnableDangerMap, true);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffWaveAvoidDanger, true);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffNormalTargetPrio, true);
    AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffEarlyDefenseScout, false);
   // AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffNormalVision, false);

He did blank out the vision and when i did a test count on global units with FOW enabled, it indeed shows that Strategy 0.31 (Non-cheating) does not have vision.

The purpose of us benchmarking against other AIs is to make a better one out of the many for the many SC2 fans  :cheers: .

Artanis186

Humanik suicided half of his forces without dealing any damage though... and the immortals weren't focusing on the Roaches. Humanik won purely because he had the advantage (He was programmed specifically for non-cheating, unlike Strategy).

AlsoKnownAs

Thanks Artanis for replying :D, as said in the short description of the video, Humanik is still under development and the path it takes to retreat is not perfect yet  :D . As for attacks on selective units, it is up to the AI to determine whether it wants to attack the roaches with immortal, imagine this situation:

Quote4 zerglings and 2 roaches when faced by 1 immortal and 1 zealot, should it (immortal) kill the 4 zerglings first when they are not in range to attack and while having a zealot in the frontline? Note that the hardened shield reduces high damage to 10 and per attack of the roach will be reduced to 10 instead of its full damage. When the zerglings reaches a specific range to attack it, it will deal more damage per seconds and it only takes 2 shots to kill 1, instead of 3 shots to kill one roach, what I'm trying to say is, the ability to analyze in a battle is complex and is still under major revision, decisions making is subject to comments and ideas given by most of the SC2 players

Thanks alot for your observation  :thumbsup: !.

itsarabbit

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 12, 2010, 01:29:42 AM
Thanks Artanis for replying :D , as said in the short description of the video, Humanik is still under development and the path it takes to retreat is not perfect yet  :D . As for attacks on selective units, it is up to the AI to determine whether it wants to attack the roaches with immortal, imagine this situation:

Quote4 zerglings and 2 roaches when faced by 1 immortal and 1 zealot, should it (immortal) kill the 4 zerglings first when they are not in range to attack and while having a zealot in the frontline? Note that the hardened shield reduces high damage to 10 and per attack of the roach will be reduced to 10 instead of its full damage. When the zerglings reaches a specific range to attack it, it will deal more damage per seconds and it only takes 2 shots to kill 1, instead of 3 shots to kill one roach, what I'm trying to say is, the ability to analyze in a battle is complex and is still under major revision, decisions making is subject to comments and ideas given by most of the SC2 players

Thanks alot for your observation  :thumbsup: !.
So, you choose between killing 2 roaches and 3 lings? Any decent player would kill the roaches, even if they were out of range.
A zealot can almost kill 4 lings by itself, so there would only be one ling left and no roaches by the time the zealot is dead.
If the immortal would've gone for the lings first, the zealot would've gotten focus-fired and you would've only killed 3 lings before that happened, and then have 1 ling and 2 roaches left to deal with.
Want Beta key! :D

AlsoKnownAs

itsarabbit, thanks for commenting :).First of all, to correct some minor assumptions from you, a zealot is not able to clear 4 zerglings by itself + when there's 2 roaches firing at it, that would be more of an issue (And how would you know that the roaches ain't micro manage to avoid your focus fire? That would be a waste of time trying to shoot it while at the meantime having your zealot getting killed). Anyhow, the simulation of such a situation is not done by me but by my other team members and I'm only giving you an easy example compared to a more complex one.

Here's the replay between Strategy AI V0.31, any extra comments on the video is available on YouTube, happy watching  :D :

Part 1:
Starcraft 2 Beta (Humanik V1.0.1 VS. Strategy AI V0.31) - Clash of the AI's (PART 1)

Part 2:
Starcraft 2 Beta (Humanik V1.0.1 VS. Strategy AI V0.31) - Clash of the AI's (PART 2)