Blizzard is allowing the full client to be downloaded before release!

Started by Espionage724, July 15, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIL3NT-DE4TH

All i know is this is fun. Me and my friend are working on it together he knows a lot more then me and tough  me a lot. Not giving up Till i get it or a scene release is out.

Vernam7

decryption can be bypassed.

i will have to stop on that, maybe was wrong from me to inform people i managed to install it i was just so exited didnt know i will cause so much panic i thought other will have figured it out allready!

this is the 2only time i use my skills to crack something like a game, usually i do the opposite in rl programming job.

and as SilentDeath said i did this because was so fun and interesting!

Switcha

This is the type of game that i will buy anyways. Hopefully i will
have the patience to wait until the 27th.

SIL3NT-DE4TH

Quote from: Switcha on July 16, 2010, 01:09:46 PM
This is the type of game that i will buy anyways. Hopefully i will
have the patience to wait until the 27th.

Yes. I love Starcraft. I have the collectors ed Paid in full already at my local gamestop!

Kernel64

Quote from: Vernam7 on July 16, 2010, 11:42:01 AM

i will have to stop on that, maybe was wrong from me to inform people i managed to install it i was just so exited didnt know i will cause so much panic i thought other will have figured it out allready!

this is the 2only time i use my skills to crack something like a game, usually i do the opposite in rl programming job.

and as SilentDeath said i did this because was so fun and interesting!

No. You were right to have protected yourself. I would have done the same. And to say it can be done would stir some waters into overflowing. ;)

I say, you did what you have to, and have done what you think is best. I can't wait till the 27th, and see for myself the awesome which is your crack and bypass-es. :)

Cheers!

/whisper, or maybe you could slip this thing through some torrent or something?

darkrei9n

I personally have managed to bypass the date check but the installer won't open the MPQE file.

tomsons26

I thought changing win date is too easy so if you change BIOS date it should work

bm-test

Yeah, I've edited the second installer in temp, but it keeps showing error 108 on opening installer ui 2.mpqe. Also I edited etc/hosts to redirect eu.battle.net and something like dist.blizzard.edgesuite.com to localhost. Next, I've run apache and supplied the installer with sc2-authenticationcode-enGB.txt with different date than MSG:07/27/2010 but no luck. Any hints?

Edit: Vernam or others: what sc2-authenticaioncode-enGB.txt should contain?

darkrei9n

After looking through temps there is actually a second installer. Try to get the second installer to keep running, THAT is why error 108 keeps happening. The installer we see does nothing but act as GUI, the second installer does the networking and installing.

@bm-test, What IP are you using?

Amberdilis

Switcha

This is the full game yes. most likely there will be a patch which needs downloading
when you start up the game but yes, its the final release.

bm-test

@darkreign
in my C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

127.0.0.1 80.239.186.40
127.0.0.1 dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net
127.0.0.1 eu.battle.net

and I run apache and created folders static -> mediakey -> sc2-authenticationcode-enGB.txt

I don't know what should be in that file, definitely something other than MSG:07/27/2010

bm-test

entering anything with MSG:OK MSG:01/07/2010 etc. only changes what wil pop up when you click on install. so I suppose there must be some key code for install/auth/decrypt ? And I think it will not start with MSG:

Gurluas

We should work more on this, would be interesting to see what it can lead to...
Beside a small preview of the game cant hurt anyone (: