Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BossCatKenji

Quote from: alexandreonly on November 01, 2011, 05:25:40 PM
Great! Npc interaction, Wayponts, Artisans, Chat, everything working. I have just a question: I can hit a zombie with a club and see the real damage, animation and physics?
If not, there's still another colorful and secondary feature to implement before the basic combat mechanics? Well, anyway who like the sims will like mooege's diablo 3.

as a programmer myself, i believe they're doing some sort of bottom-up programming divide-and-conquer approach here. so they've divided the whole project into tasks, some of which we already know are functional (leveling up,dungeons).

now there's got to be some definite order of things in which these tasks should be implemented. say, for example, if they were able to implement buying from npcs without first getting the gold functionality, how are we able to buy from them without money?

another scenario would be if they were able to implement quests functionality without enabling killing zombies first, wouldn't that be fucked up?

point is - we can definitely see some well organized effort here. they don't just dive into the situation conquering each subproblem without them considering a path or order in which they should be implemented.

i can totally see this project coming together at the end. we may be seeings bits and bits of tasks or subproblems or functionalities (whatever you call them) being solved or implemented but it's definitely gonna be glued together soon.

;D ;D ;D

Ertai

Thanks ALL, LOVE U GUYS!

Exspecially you Raistlin, the baddest wizard ever.

Draxanoth

Quote from: BossCatKenji on November 01, 2011, 06:24:57 PM
Great! Npc interaction, Wayponts, Artisans, Chat, everything working. I have just a question: I can hit a zombie with a club and see the real damage, animation and physics?
If not, there's still another colorful and secondary feature to implement before the basic combat mechanics? Well, anyway who like the sims will like mooege's diablo 3.

as a programmer myself, i believe they're doing some sort of bottom-up programming divide-and-conquer approach here. so they've divided the whole project into tasks, some of which we already know are functional (leveling up,dungeons).

now there's got to be some definite order of things in which these tasks should be implemented. say, for example, if they were able to implement buying from npcs without first getting the gold functionality, how are we able to buy from them without money?

another scenario would be if they were able to implement quests functionality without enabling killing zombies first, wouldn't that be fucked up?

point is - we can definitely see some well organized effort here. they don't just dive into the situation conquering each subproblem without them considering a path or order in which they should be implemented.

i can totally see this project coming together at the end. we may be seeings bits and bits of tasks or subproblems or functionalities (whatever you call them) being solved or implemented but it's definitely gonna be glued together soon.

;D ;D ;D
Don't bother, Alexandre takes great pride in making a jackass of himself.  Should have been banned a long time ago.

treetops422

These guys from what I remember cracked sc2 beta, so I check this site daily. Keep up the good the work.

fedos

ethalion
Thank you very much for your help :-[

Phanamine

Quote from: BossCatKenji on November 01, 2011, 06:24:57 PM

;D ;D ;D

I deff agree.. Soon it should all be put together.. I am very happy and impressed with the project so far.. and can only hope the same effort will continue for the duration of the project.
I can see what you see not,
Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be,
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the halls of the blind

4Mr2ThC0

So anyone getting error 3003 since updating recently? i read some ppl trying to original method on the noob proof thread but no avail...

warriorsam

BossCatKenji

Hi there!  :D

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/mooegesupport/bug-in-new-build/msg22235/?topicseen#new

please post bug reports in the thread in the above link  :D

as for a quick answer to your 3003 error inquiry, i don't experience that kind of exception, are you guys using mooext for downloading and compiling the source?

eleveneleven

Quote from: ethalion on November 01, 2011, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: eleveneleven on November 01, 2011, 02:49:32 PM

how about just fixing the mooege build so people don't have to keep doing this

there is a reason why this needs to be done this way.  Why don't you stop asking the to do it a certain way.  They are focused on getting the game to work so you can play for free.  If you don't want to bother moving files, go buy the game when it comes out.

I moved the files. Why can't they just access the path from the D3 location or have a script in the mooext program that syncs the MPQ folder? Wouldn't you get tired of answer the same question when new people keep getting the error? The point of a noob friendly wizard like mooext is diminished if people have to go back to doing manual processes.

Also I have every interest in paying for the game. I don't support playing it for free. I'm interested in this project because it allows me to play offline (a feature I'm sure everyone here wanted Blizzard to have).

alexandreonly

Features working: Chat, multiplayer, artisans, wayponts, level, pick-up items, colorfull gems...
Feature not working: Normal attack.

Some people just want: Hit a zombie with a club.
What they have instead: Be able to bit** around with obese friends saying "lol" in the chat, spawning mobs and smiling while perform the pikachu's click-9001 damage and teleport between waypoints because it never gets old.

raistlinthewiz

okay  alexandreonly, why don't u stop bitching like a kid and start coding your own emulator with the features u want there? I've already asked you for that and seems you still doing nothing but bitching.

Oh i guess u miss coding skills and own uber-bitching ones? Too bad for you..

Cencio

Quote from: raistlinthewiz on November 04, 2011, 10:04:09 AM
okay  alexandreonly, why don't u stop bitching like a kid and start coding your own emulator with the features u want there? I've already asked you for that and seems you still doing nothing but bitching.

Oh i guess u miss coding skills and own uber-bitching ones? Too bad for you..

Hey!, what about the patch 5?

alexandreonly

It smell like vaporware. Everyone here is so bogous about this project that think it's not stuck, just giving priority to secondary stuff :)
Even this thread is dying, and why? Simple, nothing to talk about. No need to talk with respect about a shi**y work just because it's free, if you do, you're just like justin bieber's fans. But hell, just wowtardeds, blizzardtardeds and other kinds of fanboys in this forum? Crap IS crap, deal with it.

eleveneleven

Quote from: alexandreonly on November 04, 2011, 02:57:12 PM
It smell like vaporware. Everyone here is so bogous about this project that think it's not stuck, just giving priority to secondary stuff :)
Even this thread is dying, and why? Simple, nothing to talk about. No need to talk with respect about a shi**y work just because it's free, if you do, you're just like justin bieber's fans. But hell, just wowtardeds, blizzardtardeds and other kinds of fanboys in this forum? Crap IS crap, deal with it.

Wow you are really dense. Have you already forgotten all the stuff BossCatKenji posted in JUST THE LAST PAGE?! They have obviously made tons of progress, even if it's not in the order you demand it to be...it's far from vaporware. All I smell is a piece of shit talking.