Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonG

oh i finnaly understand, they didnt add that i need to "start debugging" -.-

BossCatKenji

BossCatKenji

AntonG

did they release all these areas, or only two?

BossCatKenji

you can access them on your own, you just have to replace map.txt in the assets folder of the server emu

AntonG

Ok i found the maps, where exactly do i put them/choose them?

k think i found the file.

lrgith i figured how to do it.

Espionage724

Quote from: Moosey on September 24, 2011, 11:28:16 AM
I think BoyC & raistlingthewiz should combine their work together and develop on the same project. Why are they seperated, they are both focusing on different areas from what I see.

Who knows. Why are their several other different projects that all aim to do the same thing? I'll never understand why another game has like 5+ server emulators that all aim to do the same thing...

Jim_Raynor

How I do to changue the maps???  because i only can play in the Cathedral

FatMan

Wow, the progress here is astounding. I would like to send a congrats to the fellas coding this all up. Gonna spend some time checking all the environs (new maps) soon. I am excite.

stickstoneinhead

Quote from: Espionage724 on September 24, 2011, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: Moosey on September 24, 2011, 11:28:16 AM
I think BoyC & raistlingthewiz should combine their work together and develop on the same project. Why are they seperated, they are both focusing on different areas from what I see.

Who knows. Why are their several other different projects that all aim to do the same thing? I'll never understand why another game has like 5+ server emulators that all aim to do the same thing...

I think they already are,
github(dot)com/raistlinthewiz/d3sharp
github(dot)com/BoyC/d3sharp
You can see they both contribute to the project.

stickstoneinhead

Quote from: Jim_Raynor on September 24, 2011, 03:18:55 PM
How I do to changue the maps???  because i only can play in the Cathedral

On the build I have, It loads cathedral_level3map as default. So to load the other maps I rename them to cathedral_level3map and backup the original. They are located in \Assets\Maps.

There may be a much simpler way i.e in game console, but this is the only way i know right now.

Digimortal

i renamed the map and still it loaded the Cathedral lvl3.

BossCatKenji

as of the latest build, you no longer have to replace map.txt

instead, edit config.ini and replace cathedral string with the name of the string, e.g. mapinn.txt

Diablo III - Barbian messing around The Slaughtered Calf Inn

Diablo III - Withc Doctor going crazy at The Slaughtered Calf Inn

toxee

How do I get NPCs and stuff? This D3Sharp vid has NPCs all over the Tristram map and it starts differently for me too. When I set it to Tristram I start in the water and have to walk onto a dock.

D3Sharp Town Sandbox - Test

BossCatKenji

that release was days ago, and you can only play demon hunter with that build, as of today all 5 classes and their 2 genders are playable, also more maps, and the biggest development so far

WE HAVE FUCKING MONSTERS!!!!

Diablo III - (Holy Mother of God!) There's a freakin' dancing zombie in my dungeon!