Good Non-cheating AI?

Started by Mangala, February 28, 2010, 11:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangala

Hi,

I just played the V3.0 AI and beat it. It wasn't easy, but it was very doable. I also played against the cheating AI, which beat me easily, and got annoyed at trying to fight battlecruisers while I'm still trying to pump out roaches.

So I just want something in the middle: a hard AI that doesn't cheat so it still stays realistic. If someone makes that (something harder than V3.0) please post here?

Thanks.

Blackcode

Wait for the V3.5 or V4 we are working on.

SnipeShow257

how do you install the  v3.0. i downloaded it, but which folder do i put it in?

Giz

1vs1 i can beat the cheating AI pretty easy, especially with protoss, but am currently trying to beat them in 4 player map

Kernel64

I'm currently building something like this. It is supposed to follow build orders and progress through the game in the proper pace. I'm having problems with forcing the AI to expand at certain conditions, and the protoss ai doesn't have the Chrono Boost tactic available.

I'll make something that's good for paced practice, and will post it up here maybe 2-3 days from now.

urbanskittlezz

2g4u

Check out http://botdev.org/doku.php version 4 is there, it also the unsupported version has the same AI, but cheating if you prefer it this way. Btw its really stupid calling it unsupported cause it leads to confusion. To clarify - the devs are calling it Unsupported because they won't answer to any PMs, IRC queries about it. It still means that you can play it, its SUPPORTED by the game!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

starcrafter64

Anyone know the relative difficulty or the changes of 4.0 compared to 3.0?

madrussian190

Quote from: starcrafter64 on February 28, 2010, 03:07:40 PM
Anyone know the relative difficulty or the changes of 4.0 compared to 3.0?

i think just some bugs on expansions and units and shit...

but id like to know more detail as well :)

Mangala

OK non-cheating v4.0 was a better game. Definitely progress. THANKS DEVS!  One thing that bothered me was I attacked the AI's base and I knew he had all these units (Battlecruisers, vikings, etc.) cuz he just had attacked me with them, but I went to demolish his whole base and he never sent the units back to his base to defend. I found a ton of his units dead in the middle of the map.

But now we're just getting into the details.  ;D

Kernel64

Quote from: urbanskittlezz on February 28, 2010, 02:36:19 PM
how do i download the v3.0 AI ? are you talking about this? http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/index.php?topic=582.0

Not really. It's something else, haven't released it yet as I am having problems with forcing the AI to expand.

I've done some work with Broodwar AI, and have some familiarity with its structure. This one however is so new I'm still figuring out if all the functions actually work.

Any help would be appreciated.