A paradise map... question ..

Started by Dariusz, March 01, 2010, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dariusz

Heya
At1 st Id like to thanx for cracking starcraft !!!! You people rox!!
Second from few days I'm pvping with AI which is so boring (they kill each other then I finish the last one ;/ ).  I was wondering if there is any chance that U could make map where 3 AI attack you and not each other ? That would solve problem with AI problems for some time simply because we finally gonna get attacked (yupi...). Even tho the 5 ver is very nice... still would be nice to get attack from them all at 1...

And curiosuly has any1 tried to play on lan using Hamachi ? None of my RL friend play star craft would be nice if its possible to grab some ppl from internet :P 

Thanx again for crack and AI DarkBlizz !! :)

itsarabbit

There should be a FAQ, before the forum gets overloaded with this stuff..
But to answer your question, no there is only FFA right now, and You wont be able to LAN in starcraft 2 nor diablo 3, so hamachi wont work either.
Want Beta key! :D

Gamewiz

LAN will never be an option, as it won't be an option in the final SC2 (not confirmed, but easily assumed). You're only option for playing with friends is to wait for them to finish working on emulating the battle.net server. No ETA on that however, so don't bother asking them when.

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 05:09:00 PM
LAN will never be an option, as it won't be an option in the final SC2 (not confirmed, but easily assumed). You're only option for playing with friends is to wait for them to finish working on emulating the battle.net server. No ETA on that however, so don't bother asking them when.
Actually, it is confirmed that it wont have LAN in the final release.
Although there is a petition regarding that with a quarter of a million signatures.

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 01, 2010, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 05:09:00 PM
Actually, it is confirmed that it wont have LAN in the final release.
Although there is a petition regarding that with a quarter of a million signatures.

Ah, well regardless, they still won't put it in. If you have to be online for singleplayer, why in the world would they put LAN in? You can set up private matches that are password protected for your friends. If you have to be online to run SC2, the only people who want lan are those who want to pirate the game at release, which is just wrong. If you enjoy this game, purchase it from Blizzard and support them.

itsarabbit

^I second that^
However, I wont be able to play it with my friend when we LAN together, cause we don't got internet when we do that. Maybe it's the same for other people?

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 01, 2010, 05:32:59 PM
^I second that^
However, I wont be able to play it with my friend when we LAN together, cause we don't got internet when we do that. Maybe it's the same for other people?

Why don't you have internet? I LAN with friends all the time, and we still have access to the internet. If a friend brings his comp to my house or something, he just connects to my network. That's how we get Hamachi up and running for alot of games.

itsarabbit

Our comps don't fit in the house, so we use a garage.

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 01, 2010, 05:48:51 PM

Ah. Well bummer. :/ Not sure what to tell you then. If you got the money, maybe it's time to invest in wireless?

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 05:50:35 PM

Ah. Well bummer. :/ Not sure what to tell you then. If you got the money, maybe it's time to invest in wireless?

Wireless often equals crap.
OT now :)

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 01, 2010, 05:51:36 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 05:50:35 PM

Wireless often equals crap.
OT now :)

I would normally agree, but there are some great wireless gaming routers out there now that work just as good as good ol' wired (which is alot coming from a hardcore fan of wired like myself).

But truthfully, unless you download a cracked version where they can find a way of creating a lan (which emulating a bnet server won't do) access, you are out of luck playng lan on this game with your friends.

And we aren't off-topic. His thread was a two-part question. The last one was regarding lan, hamachi, etc. I'd say we are still within that realm. ;)

Pleomax

How hard is to get a switch or something to get your internet cable into the garage...

itsarabbit

ElvishSolution

Actually SC2 will have LAN support, however it will require B.net connectivity to enable.  When you host a game it will automatically default to LAN once it detects that both people are on a LAN.  This is gonna suck in the rare times where a LAN doesn't have a net connection.
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

Gamewiz

Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 03, 2010, 12:16:06 AM
Actually SC2 will have LAN support, however it will require B.net connectivity to enable.  When you host a game it will automatically default to LAN once it detects that both people are on a LAN.  This is gonna suck in the rare times where a LAN doesn't have a net connection.

That makes no sense... Sounds like you made that up. Also Blizzard has confirmed that there will not be LAN, so you are wrong.