A paradise map... question ..

Started by Dariusz, March 01, 2010, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamsobeat

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 10:43:15 AM
Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 03, 2010, 12:16:06 AM
Actually SC2 will have LAN support, however it will require B.net connectivity to enable.  When you host a game it will automatically default to LAN once it detects that both people are on a LAN.  This is gonna suck in the rare times where a LAN doesn't have a net connection.

That makes no sense... Sounds like you made that up. Also Blizzard has confirmed that there will not be LAN, so you are wrong.

What's funny is .. that IS how blizzard explained its LAN plans http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/24953/BlizzCon_09_InternetAuthenticated_LAN_For_StarCraft_II_Likely.php
I know it sounds stupid .. but that's because IT IS...!

Gamewiz

Quote from: iamsobeat on March 03, 2010, 10:55:50 AM
Actually SC2 will have LAN support, however it will require B.net connectivity to enable.  When you host a game it will automatically default to LAN once it detects that both people are on a LAN.  This is gonna suck in the rare times where a LAN doesn't have a net connection.

That makes no sense... Sounds like you made that up. Also Blizzard has confirmed that there will not be LAN, so you are wrong.

What's funny is .. that IS how blizzard explained its LAN plans http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/24953/BlizzCon_09_InternetAuthenticated_LAN_For_StarCraft_II_Likely.php

Wow... ok so I was wrong. My apologizes.

That is really stupid btw... lol

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 11:08:58 AM
Quote from: iamsobeat on March 03, 2010, 10:55:50 AM

Wow... ok so I was wrong. My apologizes.

That is really stupid btw... lol
Oh, I didnt know that.
incredibly useless though.
Want Beta key! :D

blood_hound

that really was idiotic.. "SCII will have Lan play but must have Bnet authentication" FU.. wth is wrong with them.. they already took out some fun parts and sick stuffs in SCII and they took the BEST OF IT... *sigh* even if the full version was released.. this SCII wont be much of a glamor to us anymore.. it wont be the prized possession of all gaming society :(

example:

Guy 1
-dude let's play SCII!

Guy 2
-ok! i'll go terran!

once they sat the other guy thought that there is actually a LAN..

Guy 2
-where the hell is the lan button? all i see is LOGIN TO B.Freakin net??

Guy 1
-crap you don't own a battle.net account?

Guy 2
-i can't even afford to buy milk at the store..

Guy 1
-awww gg :(

the good sides:
-i think they focused a lot of units in Terran since this is their first expansion the Wings of Liberty, it's their advantage :D but if you're really a strategist you'll get over it :D
-Campaigns would probably rock offline and singeplayers
-new heroes for all expansion
-new units and more more more maps :D

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

2g4u

You sound like you are crying about not being able to pirate the game ? SC2 will be a great game, so its ok to pay for it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Gamewiz

Quote from: blood_hound on March 03, 2010, 11:59:16 AM
that really was idiotic.. "SCII will have Lan play but must have Bnet authentication" FU.. wth is wrong with them.. they already took out some fun parts and sick stuffs in SCII and they took the BEST OF IT... *sigh* even if the full version was released.. this SCII wont be much of a glamor to us anymore.. it wont be the prized possession of all gaming society :(

example:

Guy 1
-dude let's play SCII!

Guy 2
-ok! i'll go terran!

once they sat the other guy thought that there is actually a LAN..

Guy 2
-where the hell is the lan button? all i see is LOGIN TO B.Freakin net??

Guy 1
-crap you don't own a battle.net account?

Guy 2
-i can't even afford to buy milk at the store..

Guy 1
-awww gg :(

the good sides:
-i think they focused a lot of units in Terran since this is their first expansion the Wings of Liberty, it's their advantage :D but if you're really a strategist you'll get over it :D
-Campaigns would probably rock offline and singeplayers
-new heroes for all expansion
-new units and more more more maps :D

Uh... B.net is free.... So if you're complaining about being unable to pirate the game, then I have no sympathy for you.

millenium

Well can u confirm that B.net 2 will be free for original owners of SC2? ... And if I have pirate version of game client I'll just get and pirat version of game server and use it for LAN purposes...

Gamewiz

Quote from: millenium on March 03, 2010, 12:26:06 PM
Well can u confirm that B.net 2 will be free for original owners of SC2? ... And if I have pirate version of game client I'll just get and pirat version of game server and use it for LAN purposes...

Yes, it will be free. I can guarentee that 100%. And again, if you pirate this game, then I really have no sympathy for you if you can't play LAN.

Rain[sun]

SC2 online is 100% free but they did say certain things will cost money, probably maps if the maker so chooses or maybe custom avatars or titles or who the hell knows what blizz has planned
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

chetjan

Ya don't get you hopes up for lan.