Modified Starcrack V5.1 AI

Started by kewickviper, March 01, 2010, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewickviper

This is a modified version of V5.1 of usmc23 and Turdburgler's AI.

I have done a few timing tweaks and edited quite a bit, but the majority of the changes are in the Protoss AI.

The protoss AI should now be much more intelligent than before, beating the other two AI in terms of economy and military.

Please test it out and give me feedback. If you like it I will try and improve the Protoss AI further and eventually edit the other two races.

Please note that the Zerg and Terrain AI's are pretty much unedited from the original V5.1 so there should be no notable difference in this version apart from the timing changes.

I have included both Cheat mode and non-Cheat modes below.

Cheat mode includes:

- 2x resource gathering
- AI can see whole map
- No limit on the actions per minute

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKPPA28O - CHEAT MODE OFF
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DVDITVKH - CHEAT MODE ON

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2x24mlxnld - CHEAT MODE ON
http://www.mediafire.com/?z2ymy42tmtn - CHEAT MODE OFF

Thank you

Kewickviper

Dariusz

Hey

Im runing it atm from hours or so... Terran VS Terran. Well everything its fine he atack he run back he attack... old stuff(I think its the uncheat one). Only one small suggestion if you can can u tell it to gather forces? Like ... 10-30 units at random or more. Atm hes sending like 3-8 which my defensive units just scare off and he fall back... then he come in...then he fall back... and in 5 min he die >.> 

Thanx for good work ! Will look for next ups :) and do more tests vs zergs/protozzz

Gamewiz

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 06:06:54 PM
Hey

Im runing it atm from hours or so... Terran VS Terran. Well everything its fine he atack he run back he attack... old stuff(I think its the uncheat one). Only one small suggestion if you can can u tell it to gather forces? Like ... 10-30 units at random or more. Atm hes sending like 3-8 which my defensive units just scare off and he fall back... then he come in...then he fall back... and in 5 min he die >.>

Thanx for good work ! Will look for next ups :) and do more tests vs zergs/protozzz

Did you not read what he said? He worked primarily on the Protoss AI. Terran and Zerg are virtually the same as before.

kewickviper

Ah yes I've noticed that, I think that's due to the wave timings, I may have to adjust them a little more since I think everything has to be timed for when the waves are sent.

Please note I've changed very little in terrain and zerg, nearly all the changes are to protoss. I will do terrain and zerg and improve protoss more if people like this protoss AI.

Dariusz

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 06:08:39 PM
Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 06:06:54 PM
Hey

Did you not read what he said? He worked primarily on the Protoss AI. Terran and Zerg are virtually the same as before.

ah sry ges I mist this part... was playing sc on second screen... I'll get protos as my enemy in a sec and leave some feeedback :) 

Nova

Hey kewickviper, do you think you can re-upload to mediafire? For some reason megaupload believes I'm downloading a large file from them when I'm not.

Also, could you explain what changes the 'cheating' AI has over the non-cheating AI?

chetjan

I really like the speed at which they are updating this AI. Hopefully they will have (other developers) a emulated server soon cause i really want to do some coop against AI.

Dariusz

THIS IS A KICK ASS AI ! 

1ST time I lost to AI lol...

Protos are perfect mate! 
first few mins are normal..(other ai would already attacked me) So I got plenty of time to build up (enought to get 30 marins from 3 barracks and start making tanks)

The first rushes are quite normal.. Nothing special.. 3 tanks 2 bunkers 20 marins and medic can defend it easily... But then he send those bigg battle ships that spawn 8 units... Easy too but then... woo then he brought Mothership with invisible units ...That was begining of problems... Wave after that once he brought those big laser things that can go up and down I was done... GZ kewickviper That is Kick ass AI ! :D

Btw was playing on normal one (no cheats)...
w8 to see terrans/zerg ups :]
Gz cya around I go train to own that ai ! :D

kewickviper

Wow thank you Dariusz! I'm just working through some improvements now, I was thinking of completely revamping the end game since it tended to die a lot against the terrain end game :(.

I'm going to start work on the protoss end game and the other races tomorrow will post updates then!

Pulas

Hey!
Tried the ai, but it did not work for me. 1v1 pvz on desert oasis, the zerg ai just built a single hidra and 2 lings. nothing else. not even workers. just some buildings. 
No idea why it happened, as the other 5.1 works well.
Btw keep it up!

kewickviper

That's very weird Pulas I'll have to look into that!

Btw Sorry for the late reply nova I'll update with cheat information and mediafire links now,

ooni

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 07:56:16 PM
THIS IS A KICK ASS AI !

1ST time I lost to AI lol...

Protos are perfect mate!
first few mins are normal..(other ai would already attacked me) So I got plenty of time to build up (enought to get 30 marins from 3 barracks and start making tanks)

The first rushes are quite normal.. Nothing special.. 3 tanks 2 bunkers 20 marins and medic can defend it easily... But then he send those bigg battle ships that spawn 8 units... Easy too but then... woo then he brought Mothership with invisible units ...That was begining of problems... Wave after that once he brought those big laser things that can go up and down I was done... GZ kewickviper That is Kick ass AI ! :D

Btw was playing on normal one (no cheats)...
w8 to see terrans/zerg ups :]
Gz cya around I go train to own that ai ! :D

if you go mass marines and marauders theres nothing this protoss AI do about it, don't even have to turtle.

Quote from: Pulas on March 01, 2010, 08:00:52 PM
Hey!
Tried the ai, but it did not work for me. 1v1 pvz on desert oasis, the zerg ai just built a single hidra and 2 lings. nothing else. not even workers. just some buildings.
No idea why it happened, as the other 5.1 works well.
Btw keep it up!

Yeah, zergs seem to just spread over the map without units. Don't rush them wait until they have 3 expansions and wait few minutes. XP

apriores

I had a game with terran against toss and I'm extremely impressed... At last you can see the real protoss in action with Collosus, Dark Templars and Mother Ship! I lost, but I'm happy for what I met there. :D
Nicely done!

P.S.
I wish to see some banshees and thors on terran AI and to not stuck only on battlecruisers in the end.

Dariusz

Heya

Okay played again this time toss vs toss... well he lost :P 

Mainly what I noticed with every AI is that they dont gather units... if you could script it somehow that every 5 min he have to make 40 units or something like that that would make it so much more interesting and fun... Also they dont upgrade...so this would also be nice benefit... upgrades+bigger rushes and I <3 u :P 

Ciau 

This Toss AI is much better than the default V5.1 AI. I played FFA and I thought I was resourcing pretty good but he must have taken the other high yield minerals because he overwhelmed the other players and then me with stalkers and immortals.

V5.5 of the main Starcrack AI is out. Any chance you could upgrade that with your protoss tech?