Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

claushouse

The game looks and plays fantastic, and I am really having fun with the new units and buildings. It's a good mix of old and new.

I love how the SC dev team took an unintentional player tactic of using supply depots to block off your base and created supply depots that raise and lower specifically for that function!

And like the poster said above, a lot of the criticisms are being tossed against a BETA, specifically implemented with the purpose of fixing and balancing these kinds of issues.

IMO, there are already alot of fantastic additions, like the medivac unit combining drop ships and medics, the protoss unit that carries units and provides power to buildings, overlords ability to generate creep, the awesome new nydus canal graphics, vikings dual ability, and yet the classics like BC's, carriers, zealots, hydras, photon cannons, tanks, are still there to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, abolishing the 12-unit selection limit is a godsend.  The game looks fantastic even on mid-settings, really like the move to 3D. Can't wait to reward Blizzards efforts and purchase the game when it comes out and have fun on the new BNET 2.0! :)

SiLo

I was hyped about the game ever since rumors were floating around about there being a SC2. Once I saw the dev videos and actual game play, I was even more anxious to play it. After hearing beta was out, I was even more anxious. Now that I've played the beta (unofficially of course), I can say it's even surpassed my expectations which I don't even know how it's possible.

In my opinion, anyone who was pretty good at SC1 is happy with how SC2 is turning out. Simply put, the game is a nice revamp of the first one, mostly making it pretty. The gameplay was already there, only a few tweaks were necessary for balancing out an already pretty balanced game.

After you play it a few times and get used to the races, you realize that the SC1 metagame is built right into SC2. I'm primarily a Terran player, so when I saw supply depots could lower like gates, I was ecstatic to say the least. Medic+Dropship combo? Yes, please. I was a bit disappointed at the air change-up with Wraiths being split into Vikings/Banshees but I guess it was necessary to promote balance overall.

I think most people who never played the first one will see this game in a totally different light than SC1 players. Not because of the nostalgia value, but also for the understanding of why SC2 is the way it is compared to the first one.

What I am tired of is these stupid videos desperately trying to knock SC2, especially in the name of "well we have to do it to make Blizzard understand and keep SC the game it used to be!" Give me a break. If you seriously think SC2 is losing it's microgame because "workers now auto-mine better", go watch the early Alpha/Beta Battle Report videos with David Kim and such. Tell me that SC2 has lost its micro then, psh. Yes, some of the units have changed, big deal. Is it really that improbable that the Protoss have a huge walker? No, not at all. I thought the War of the Worlds reference was fitting here. While I prefer Goliaths myself, Thor is a beast and the Arnold pilot cracks me up.

Reminds me of the kids that complained when Smash Brothers Brawl fixed some issues (namely wave dashing and etc) that were in Melee and some cried "you're making the game less competitive and easier". Yeah... right.

Anyhow, needless to say, I'm very content with SC2. I feel it lives up to the SC1 standard and I can't wait to play on B-net 2.0. You can say whatever you want to about Blizzard, try to call them out for 'milking' a game, recycling content, whatever you want... the fact is at the end of the day they make good damn games. You can't deny that.

mithhunter55

Quote from: SiLo on March 15, 2010, 05:44:45 AM
I was hyped about the game ever since rumors were floating around about there being a SC2. Once I saw the dev videos and actual game play, I was even more anxious to play it. After hearing beta was out, I was even more anxious. Now that I've played the beta (unofficially of course), I can say it's even surpassed my expectations which I don't even know how it's possible.

In my opinion, anyone who was pretty good at SC1 is happy with how SC2 is turning out. Simply put, the game is a nice revamp of the first one, mostly making it pretty. The gameplay was already there, only a few tweaks were necessary for balancing out an already pretty balanced game.

After you play it a few times and get used to the races, you realize that the SC1 metagame is built right into SC2. I'm primarily a Terran player, so when I saw supply depots could lower like gates, I was ecstatic to say the least. Medic+Dropship combo? Yes, please. I was a bit disappointed at the air change-up with Wraiths being split into Vikings/Banshees but I guess it was necessary to promote balance overall.

I think most people who never played the first one will see this game in a totally different light than SC1 players. Not because of the nostalgia value, but also for the understanding of why SC2 is the way it is compared to the first one.

What I am tired of is these stupid videos desperately trying to knock SC2, especially in the name of "well we have to do it to make Blizzard understand and keep SC the game it used to be!" Give me a break. If you seriously think SC2 is losing it's microgame because "workers now auto-mine better", go watch the early Alpha/Beta Battle Report videos with David Kim and such. Tell me that SC2 has lost its micro then, psh. Yes, some of the units have changed, big deal. Is it really that improbable that the Protoss have a huge walker? No, not at all. I thought the War of the Worlds reference was fitting here. While I prefer Goliaths myself, Thor is a beast and the Arnold pilot cracks me up.

Reminds me of the kids that complained when Smash Brothers Brawl fixed some issues (namely wave dashing and etc) that were in Melee and some cried "you're making the game less competitive and easier". Yeah... right.

Anyhow, needless to say, I'm very content with SC2. I feel it lives up to the SC1 standard and I can't wait to play on B-net 2.0. You can say whatever you want to about Blizzard, try to call them out for 'milking' a game, recycling content, whatever you want... the fact is at the end of the day they make good damn games. You can't deny that.

Melee just plays faster in brawl they nerfed all the good characters and brought in more random ones. I don't have a wii or brawl so I haven't spent that much time with it. Feels more like the original which I don't like any ways haha.

Unholyfox

personally, I like the way starcraft has been designed. For me, Warcraft has been to hard to manage, especially with the heroes, as the game depends on the heroes. But Starcraft 2, ive played the offline and i LOVE it. only dissapointment is that its taking so long to come out :(
Hope it comes out soon or i get a key :)

RaTcHeT302

The only thing I hated about SC2 was the low effects patch that was applied. The game is in beta tough so...for now is a pretty good game but we need to see what's the final "milkshake".

PS : I messed up my words...

Saffron

I didn't thought it would be so awesome. :) (lolwut)

Also, I think starcraft 2 is a pretty cool guy. He sequels to SC1 and doesn't afraid of anything.

RagingPolarBear

The game is incredible. I'm really glad to see that they didn't screw it up like they did with Warcraft 3.

The interface is done well, improving on the user friendliness of the game while still remaining distinctly Starcraft. I haven't gotten a chance to play it against other players yet, so I really can't comment much on the balance. It is still in early beta anyway. 

The game looks good, the units have interesting abilities, and it feels like every race has interesting tactical options. This is a worthy sequel to the original and I can't wait to try a real multiplayer game.

If I have one complaint, it's mostly that the unit voices seem to be lacking. They just don't have the attitude that the SC1 units seemed to have. There are a few cool unit voices, like the Thor, but for the most part, the voices were very bland.

Parabola

Discretion, I have not played SC2 yet.

Anyone who complains because it's
Quote from: ad1999 on March 01, 2010, 06:20:13 PM
a same old starcraft ... but with new units added, old ones taken out, cool graphics and sounds/music.
or even

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
All they did here is new CGI + replace/few new units. Similar update to brood war and they ask us to w8 for soo damn long!
They should atleast do some Tactical units configuration so u can assume defense/ofense etc etc positions. Much more advance ''shift'' options. More units and some main critical units like protos Bata etc etc... I'm gona get bored of this game after 3 days of online game :/
are idiots. What, you expect the game completely as so it's a FPS? What the fuck you kids smoking? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The game's name is STARCRAFT. It will have to relate back to SC1 because it's the same franchise, you tools. As if there aren't enough people complaining that they took out too many old units...

The only legit criticism (that I've read) is the lack of skill needed to play this game. A perfect example is the interview with an old timer, Liquid`Nazgul. My guess is that pro-gaming will die off in SC2, but none of you probably care anyway.

Parabola

Quote from: Parabola on March 19, 2010, 05:19:52 PM
Discretion, I have not played SC2 yet.

Anyone who complains because it's
Quote from: ad1999 on March 01, 2010, 06:20:13 PMa same old starcraft ... but with new units added, old ones taken out, cool graphics and sounds/music.

or even

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
All they did here is new CGI + replace/few new units. Similar update to brood war and they ask us to w8 for soo damn long!
They should atleast do some Tactical units configuration so u can assume defense/ofense etc etc positions. Much more advance ''shift'' options. More units and some main critical units like protos Bata etc etc... I'm gona get bored of this game after 3 days of online game :/

are idiots. What, you expect the game completely as so it's a FPS? What the fuck you kids smoking? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The game's name is STARCRAFT. It will have to relate back to SC1 because it's the same franchise, you tools. As if there aren't enough people complaining that they took out too many old units...

The only legit criticism (that I've read) is the lack of skill needed to play this game. A perfect example is the interview with an old timer, Liquid`Nazgul. My guess is that pro-gaming will die off in SC2, but none of you probably care anyway.