StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slackr

Can't wait to try this when my gf goes to work in the mornin  :-*

limonel25

Holy cow :) Had a pretty epic ZvZ game on Standard Difficulty. The AI is definitely reacting and responding better then most human casual players would.

I fended off the initial ling attack (barely), and then I counter attacked shortly after with Roaches & lings. I was able to kill most drones at the AI's expansion so I took this opportunity to expand and transition into Mutas. I noticed the CPU expanded so I sent my mutas there- it actually then counter attacked my natural with its full force of Roaches and Lings. It took out my drones and expansion before the Mutas arrived.

The AI then built Corrupters (unfortunately they're pretty slow and shitty) and expanded while massing a Ling/Roach/Corrupter army. It was able to hold off my 150 supply attack, but I just had too many expansions after that. GG.

One thing I can note is that it was holding onto its fairly large size army for a bit too long without scouting for my own expansions to harass. Of course the Cheating version will fix that, but it's something a decent player would do. Also the AI is still not building enough drones IMO.  Technically I believe it should be around 20/22 and then transfer some to the next expansion when it's up. But that might be asking too much. None the less, thanks a ton for the most recent upgrade. I'm thinking of trying the Cheating version, but that leads me to a question, would you rather us test and comment as much as possible on the Standard or Cheating Version? Thanks again for all your work.

DeMoNiK[TKD]

Hi nice work everyone is doing over here at Darkblizz ;)

Just wanted ask if you are by any chance planning on adding team script to the AI, seeing that you can now play in teams and so on with some of the newest launchers.

The AI doesn't recognize their team mates as ally's and tries to attack them, but instead their whole army is standing around your main base. You can probably just make the AI ignore its allies so it thinks your not there and instead goes after the other Bots in the game. Just an Idea  ;D

Love the current AI version  ;)

programm

As I said, sTANDArd is too easy and Cheating not beatable... as in you may win 1 out of 20 games, too imba and not a training for players cause of double resources.

But what the poster above offered is great. I find FFAs boring, Ive played 1v1 2v2 only. If you can make a 2v2 - that will be great, think about making it.

dkrc

cloak123

Quote from: programm on March 07, 2010, 04:25:13 PM
As I said, sTANDArd is too easy and Cheating not beatable... as in you may win 1 out of 20 games, too imba and not a training for players cause of double resources.

But what the poster above offered is great. I find FFAs boring, Ive played 1v1 2v2 only. If you can make a 2v2 - that will be great, think about making it.

get the starlauncher in the sc2 utilities section and you can 2v2 now. 3v3 does not work though so stick with 2v2

powa

Maybe next step will be countering harassment? I won in deser oasis with few reapers +1 + speed in notime. AI was constantly going inside/out the base while I checked with radar and went inside harrasing with reapers.

turdburgler

Quote from: programm on March 07, 2010, 04:25:13 PM

FFAs are NOT boring. They are oh so much fun. You have to work your brain in overtime for sure, trying to manage defence while calculating time to make attacks without leaving your front door open for too long.

mx420

cheating not beatable?  like ive said in many posts,  im no pro and I can do it (even on faster setting now :D)

and anyone who thinks they are gona get "training" from an ai...... cccoooommmmooonnn  why are people SO OBSESSED with this game that they need "training" hahahahaha.   you get that when multiplayer comes out,   until then  enjoy what you got

ffa is awesome btw

brutester

This version of the zerg AI is better ;) But still some small bugs:

1. ZergLate1 and ZergLate2 are the same. My proposal is for ZergLate1 to put 20 Brood Lords and 40 Corruptors.

2. When the Zerg expands it makes a new Queen which is good. But after that it moves ALL the Queens from the map to the new exapnd. It should move only one of them.

Still, keep the good work. Thank you.

Lenor

Why not make some more cheating versions?like 1.1x,1.2 and so on...so we choose the level is adapted to us

Pleomax

Amazing devs are amazing ! :D
Oh btw can you shere a list or something of things to come ?

turdburgler

Quote from: Pleomax on March 07, 2010, 05:07:45 PM
Amazing devs are amazing ! :D
Oh btw can you shere a list or something of things to come ?

More of this reactive stuff. Some custom building/training commands.

More win.

neverminded

Will they drop from behind ?
Will they build bunkers with rines in it ?

Are they still sending a scv/drone/probe to minerals, even if there is my base... ? its get killed, and he sends another one...

Will they use nukes ?

Why the Toss never build an Mothership ?

Btb... I love your AIs! They are so much fun! I cant stop playing it, you guys are Genius!

thank you for your great job!

jamai

Happy about the countering, that will definitely be one of the keys to bringing the challenge level up.  I used to do AI way back in the day, primitive by comparison to what you're doing, and I don't know what's possible and what's impossible, but just some ideas I've had from following this AI and others.

- More dynamic build orders based on opponent's tech choice, unit/base D composition and expansion count.

- Better perception on key control points on maps, specifically the enemies' choke to control the map.  Most maps have a level ground choke outside their natural that is a prime spot to control mid game.

- A better job calculating base vulnerability to punish weak expansions or positioning blunders.  It would be great if the AI could constantly calculate distance to specific points for both sides' forces, to determine 'safe' times to raid expansions and defend their own.  Like, 'My five reapers can get into his 3rd base and take out of the Nexus before his army can make it down'.

- Use base defense, specifically anti-air defense to protect bases from potential harassment dynamically. Like, 'opponent has 8 mutas, so I need to build X turrets in each base so I can freely move around the map still', it's wise to get some base D no matter what come late early game, early mid game as it becomes harder and harder to consolidate your forces and bases obviously, but it's unwise to over-spend on base D that will never be used.  This is hard because you obviously can't always be aware of what the human player has, you only get glimpses and if there was a map hack for the AI, it would be so much easier to engineer a deadly AI, so there'd be less conjecture/guessing and just solid reactive play that AI excels at so much.