Has anyone defeated turds cheating 6.1 AI?

Started by tykill, March 08, 2010, 03:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tykill

I haven't everytime i think im close and have a huge army infront of my base, computer come with an even bigger army or i defeat his army and a minute later another huge army comes xD

its hard! its good! i like it.

kthnx

[mrn]

r3ddrag0nx

tykill

Quote from: [mrn] on March 08, 2010, 04:30:21 PM
Nope, but I know my grammar.

haha i spit on people like you :P

anyway i just beat it!

Inarye

Yup. I just wall off my ramp, then mass marauders and hellions. Then after their first wave I reasearch stim and marine upgrades and get 2-3 barracks with reactors. Then usually I get a pretty big lead and I can do whatever I want.

uber1984

Yeah, I have beat it several times now.  I have no issues beating it with Terran or Protoss, but I am apparently inept with Zerg in SC2, a strange opposite from the original game.

I normally just wall off the choke with two barracks, and throw down two bunkers, and fill them.  Then I tech for Tanks, in siege mode, and get about 5 of them behind the bunkers.  After that, well the AI attacks just run up and start running back and forth like there is some kind of AI conflict, and then they die (rather quickly).  The AI seems to be suffering from insanity too, because instead of not repeating this mistake over and over again, it seems to believe that the outcome will change, even though its doing the same thing.

Walling is just to effective vs this StarCrack AI 6.1 cheating.

The fact that two bunkers walled behind to barracks can take out what I think is 12 zealots... is sad.  If they commit, I imagine they would take out one of the barracks, then drop the bunkers like they were nothing...

then send a wave of 4 zealots to finish me off.

But the AI does not do that.

The AI also seems to not know how to break down barriers, the kind that can be destroyed, to grab the mineral spot for expansion... seems like a flaw.

Another silly thing is that while the AI does expand like crazy, it does not seem to defend its expansions, with anything but some photons or turrets...  and often they pick odd locations to expand to, like way across the map and then build slow moving units...

the reason this is an issue is because you can make a fleet of of valks? the Terran ship that can fly around land go into assault mode and then lift off again and fly away... go wipe out the whole expansions peon's lift off and fly away before the computers AI gets there, go fly to its other expansions and do this over and over until they are wiped out... and never lose a unit...  because the AI's units are not where they should be...

Also... I have found that the AI, does the same thing every time... as in there is no variation, so you can easily predict exactly whats going to happen at the beginning of a game... I suppose there is no way to make alternate randomly picked starting strategies?

Well, that be my thoughts...

-uber

Nipels

I was into SC1 for awhile, so the cheating AI isn't too hard for me with any of the races.

Gc7

I win against Protoss as being the aggressor without wall-in, but i don't manage to win against Terran without wall in. 

At least it looks for me that the Protoss Ai is the weakest one. 

Rain[sun]

While bunker walls are weak vs human, 12 zealots would get absolutely shredded by a competent terran. Repair is your best friend, and as such I don't think these AI's will reach that level of skill before release. SC1's AI didn't target SCV's but they were intelligent in how they approached walls.

Just some food for thought.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

gg.sc2

Despite what people say, I feel Zerg AI is the weakest now. Maybe because marauders now slow their targets. I originally felt Terran AI was weakest.

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 09, 2010, 10:34:23 AM
SC1's AI didn't target SCV's but they were intelligent in how they approached walls.

Just some food for thought.
imo SC1's AI was worse when approaching terran wall ins. Because they target the units behind the wall rather than attack the structures, they just run around outside the wall. Unless you're talking about something else.

mx420

here is a video showing how easy it is to abuse protoss with terrain

with zerg and terrain i would just build more tech 1, and counter their first attack an win.

little microing going on, and no grouping used... thats why i suck lol

TvsPquick_0001.wmv

oh game was played on "faster" setting, got use to it,  no more bitching from me haha
And as it says in the replay, yes this IS the cheating version.

Gamewiz

Quote from: mx420 on March 10, 2010, 06:15:54 PM

with zerg and terrain i would just build more tech 1, and counter their first attack an win.

TvsPquick_0001.wmv

Yep... that's about how all my 1v1 matches go.... They are over in 5 minutes....

It's not my fault I don't turtle like a noob. ;)

aelesia

Yea, I've been able to defeat it recently. It usually involves putting a lot of Marines behind a wall to hold off the first wave though. If I'm fighting Protoss, I usually require a double barricade because those Zealots are able to tank a massive amount of damage. (haven't tried using Maruaders versus them though)

This is the tactic that I'm currently using, although I'm investigating other tactics:
- Wall off the entrance to your base. Do a double barricade if you're fighting Protoss.
- Build a reactor so you can pump out a massive amount of Marines
- Quickly build up your Factory, and then build dual Star Ports with a Tech Lab
- Build 2 - 4 Banshees, research Cloak, and start harassing your opponent
- Usually at this point they have no strong counters, so you can easily pick off the ranged units and continue harassing them.
- Build 2 - 4 Vikings to take down any potential threats (anti-air and detectors)
- Cloak to avoid damage if possible
- Wipe out their entire base

uber1984

Thanks! below is a perfectly awesome example of how micromanagement still has use in SC2... the way you work your hellions is worth praise.

I imagine that technique would work even vs a human opponent, if they didn't catch on to what you were doing.

BTW, I would be interested in any other such micro tricks you have become aware of...

-brett

Quote from: mx420 on March 10, 2010, 06:15:54 PM

TvsPquick_0001.wmv

oh game was played on "faster" setting, got use to it,  no more bitching from me haha
And as it says in the replay, yes this IS the cheating version.

kdronez

Yep this is what you can do vs slow zealots with faste hellions  :>.I wahnder what will you do if he make some stalkers :>.
I didnt have time to play the new AI,but what I see here is that no1 win with zerg vs AI so I will give it a try :>.