[No-Entry] DarkBlizz Theme

Started by theStig, March 19, 2010, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theStig

Hey girls and guys,

to support you within this contest I'll provide you with steaming hot DarkBlizz media!

First i want you to whitness the new awesome animated DarkBlizz Logo (double click to get 720p) -
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/Themes/stiggy/darkblizz_animation_preview.wmv

Further i've got an PNG file for you to use in your own graphics concerning this contest - as this logo is most likely to be seen on the top of this website any time soon. Obviously you must not use that for entering the contest, but I'd personally like to see what you come up with!

[mrn]

Myst

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: [mrn] on March 19, 2010, 06:13:18 PM
Link doesn't work?

It does but it loads really slow, also you require some kind of plugin.

Myst

It works fine on my crappy computer.  Use a better browser?  (I tested on latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, & Opera...all work fine).

theStig

On Internet Explorer it should run right away, for you Firefox guys (like me) there is a little plugin needed. Just click on the link and download it if none of this is working...

Parabola

I must say, animation is fuckin' dope. Good job on it. Although I know there are a bunch of creative/simple stuff you can do to it, and you should experiment more.

theStig

thx Parabola, I'd like to experiment a bit more but I really want to have the whole theme up and running. It's still a lot of work to do so there's not really much time left for experiments.  O:)

Also I am now already somewhat in the beta so don't be concerned about me (staff 'n stuff..) winning the key in this contest! I will keep this thread updated here anyways since I'd still like to see the new logo be part of some of your entries!

Again, for useful (!) graphical entries consider banners, buttons and other advertising stuff using the provided logo!

There's gonna be an official announcement concerning this update soon, so for you reading this be happy to know it before anybody else!  :whistle:

MinusTheVolta

ok so...

The staff is not EXPECTING us to use this logo for the contest are they?  because I have been working on my own logos/banners for the contest.  This is just an option to use this logo from the staff correct?

theStig

Quote from: MinusTheVolta on March 25, 2010, 05:43:49 PM
ok so...

The staff is not EXPECTING us to use this logo for the contest are they?  because I have been working on my own logos/banners for the contest.  This is just an option to use this logo from the staff correct?

right nobody expects you to use it. it's an option.
but also, if you come up with something cool we might actually use it in future!

things just come together here. none the less it's the jury who decides the winner, which again has not much to do with me beeing staff and working on the new theme.