CodeGen gameplay video is now up

Started by Gamewiz, April 15, 2010, 02:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treckin

Gamewiz

Quote from: treckin on April 15, 2010, 03:14:21 PM
Downloading now, excited :-)

All it shows is a fairly short game between two people. Nothing overly exciting. All it shows is that: yes, it's working, and that it's still buggy and not done yet, which is why they are not doing a pre-release yet. But the launcher is working, and in general everything is working. Just need to iron out bugs, finish gathering all the packets for all the units, and voila!

MadSheep

Mirror
http://rapidshare.com/files/376334439/SC2Gameplay.rar

twan

That video was pretty painful to watch  ???

It was about 15 minutes and the terran had one bunker and one expansion....seems like the AI on very easy.

Playing online teaches you lots of ways to play and both of the players would have been taken out in less than 3 minutes  :P

All in all, I think that was a good vid and looking forward to the release!

Shawn91210

Well.. I hate to say it but this video actually proves nothing.. Sure it shows him playing a game but you can do that with any launcher.. I was expecting them to type messages to each other to prove they aren't BS'ing us (unless I missed it). I was hoping for something better than this.

slavezer0

Quote from: Shawn91210 on April 15, 2010, 06:26:02 PM
Well.. I hate to say it but this video actually proves nothing.. Sure it shows him playing a game but you can do that with any launcher.. I was expecting them to type messages to each other to prove they aren't BS'ing us (unless I missed it). I was hoping for something better than this.
I agree.  :'(

treckin

Shawn I think you are the type that would have claimed the chatting was fake if they had done that...

Sometimes, there is simply nothing you can do to convince people. 

Shawn91210

Quote from: treckin on April 15, 2010, 07:42:00 PM

Shawn I think you are the type that would have claimed the chatting was fake if they had done that...

Sometimes, there is simply nothing you can do to convince people.

Don't pretend to know me. I just feel like they could've done a tiny bit more to show that they really are playing against each other.. If they had typed to each other I would actually accept that it is real. That probably would've been enough for a lot of people. I guess we'll see when (or if) it gets released.

Ceron

would it not be better to take a real video camera, and have 2 computers or 2 laptops beside eachother, and show us how they start, and play with eachother, and end the game. the end.

could not anyoen have wroten. "yay it works"

Quote from: Ceron on April 16, 2010, 03:35:08 AM
I got such a spelnind idea!

IF they got it to work as tehy say they did, then WTF? ???

GIVE IT TO US! oh it may crash, or bug or what ever, WE DONT CARE! Give it to us and we shalll use it to the fullest!

What harm does it do to them for releasing it? .... or do they plan on having us pay for it?

Whats the problem, upload it with a readme that explains how to quick use it, and everyone can start playing one on one, and we can have turnaments here!

The funny thing, there is no reason why not give this half made version.

Comeon!! whats the delay?, i belive in you!
I BELIVE IN YOU, so give me this product so i can start playing with my brother :)

Shawn91210

Well.. Proven to be fake.. What losers..

avich

They are not obligated to to show a definitive video that it works so why bother. The video is all about it is capable of right now, not to prove themselves that what they are doing is the real deal.

2g4u

Lol this is so FAKE. Why the fuck is the author of this video hiding his taskbar ? Do you noticed how he pressed "Launch Game" and THEN clicked on minimized random SC2 launcher. And look at how they changed they attitude towards LazyTown - first they said that LT are crap and that they hate them and now after they realized they can't do shit alone, they "started" to love them and got into "sharing mood". Their Emu/Lan tool is simply vaporware to get e-attention(and may be some stupid fucks to help them get all of their needed beta keys to be able to play together) and their are simply scamming the naive people out there, giving them false hope. I would look forward to Starcrack team and their emulator, not into some guys trying to FAKE their progress. And where is that prick Gamewiz, who was a MIGHT moderator at their forums, why he is silent(not defending them, just posting FAKE news about progress)... ?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Organized_Chaos

Guys, seriously???  I would laugh at a fkn chimp for believing this BS. 

Edit:  After watching the vid again, it seems they simply started a game on the REAL Bnet... the friend icon on the bottom right seems to support that theory.  Also, they didn't exit the game at the end because then we would have seen they were logged into Bnet on the following screen... the fact that he clicked "Launch startcraft II", and it did absolutely nothing until his cursor went off the screen and clicked the REAL SC2 icon (as others have mentioned) remains to be a big red flag.

If they really wanted to prove it's an emu, they should have shot some video of two ppl sitting next to each other on 2 different PCs, and show the connection processes, etc with one continuous unedited shot.

Good job code-gen.  Epic fail.  :thumbsup:

Gamewiz

Quote from: 2g4u on April 16, 2010, 06:42:48 AM
Lol this is so FAKE. Why the fuck is the author of this video hiding his taskbar ? Do you noticed how he pressed "Launch Game" and THEN clicked on minimized random SC2 launcher. And look at how they changed they attitude towards LazyTown - first they said that LT are crap and that they hate them and now after they realized they can't do shit alone, they "started" to love them and got into "sharing mood". Their Emu/Lan tool is simply vaporware to get e-attention(and may be some stupid fucks to help them get all of their needed beta keys to be able to play together) and their are simply scamming the naive people out there, giving them false hope. I would look forward to Starcrack team and their emulator, not into some guys trying to FAKE their progress. And where is that prick Gamewiz, who was a MIGHT moderator at their forums, why he is silent(not defending them, just posting FAKE news about progress)... ?

Why try to defend them? Clearly, you are set in your ways. No amount of "proof" will ever convince you. Live in your own little delusional world.

I know what I know. And I know they are real. Period. I'm not hear to try and convince you of anything. If you want to live in ignorance, that's your perogative. Have a nice day.