Who Snitched? Emulator Teams Poof Gone

Started by Myst, April 16, 2010, 01:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

This is an ongoing story, as for I'm still talking to owners of   teknogods and other members of the separate teams that were working on   an emulator to find out what exactly happened.
Apparently at the   moment is that Sagu tattled to Blizzard which then caused multiple   teams/sites to remove their SC2 Info from the public domains. 
Sagu says Reaver is just speculating that he snitched and says he didn't do anything.

Which makes sense cause Blizzard probably just acted independently on the matter.  They probably did get 1000's of reports from gamers reporting the sites from the battle.net forums anyways.

Of   course at this time everything is just rumor, but that is the current   story and is making a lot of sense.

Just thought I'd let everyone   know.  And if anyone else has any input, please post here.

Blackcode

I really do not think dude this really happened.... a lot of us just got the Legit BETA KEY and we are nerding into sc2 :D

Myst

TeknoGods received a cease and desist order, which they then signed and thus removed their SC2 section.

jyim89

wait, so are the emulation projects coming to a halt?

[mrn]

Battlenoob74

Thats smart, give people who are making Emulators beta keys so they will stop :(

Eskimo

So how do we know what happened to these sites is not gonna happen to darkblizz? :S

Myst

Rain[sun]

Darkblizz can't be given a C&D, in the same way IsoHunt can't be shutdown.
Darkblizz can only be shutdown if Google can; on the other hand sites that the owners are the ones developping the emu's can be shutdown. Myst isn't making an emu, but Teknogods were if im not mistaken
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Eskimo

Quote from: jyim89 on April 16, 2010, 01:29:19 PM
wait, so are the emulation projects coming to a halt?

Non the less, Starcrack is Still working on the Emu. At least from what i'v herd  :-[

Redneck

Well at least DarkBlizz is still here! :D

skyhawk

I think it was all a hoax. teknogods said the same thing about mw2 lan but they never delivered on that either. just another money scam in my mind

Drew1231

Quote from: skyhawk on April 17, 2010, 10:57:53 AM
I think it was all a hoax. teknogods said the same thing about mw2 lan but they never delivered on that either. just another money scam in my mind

Um... ever heard of lazy launch  :bangshead:

Drew1231

Quote from: Myst on April 16, 2010, 01:06:34 PM
This is an ongoing story, as for I'm still talking to owners of   teknogods and other members of the separate teams that were working on   an emulator to find out what exactly happened.
Apparently at the   moment is that Sagu tattled to Blizzard which then caused multiple   teams/sites to remove their SC2 Info from the public domains. 

Of   course at this time everything is just rumor, but that is the current   story and is making a lot of sense.

Just thought I'd let everyone   know.  And if anyone else has any input, please post here.
Blizz prolly found them on their own. They are aware of this stuff!

And taddles are everywhere because they think that they will get a free beta key.

Also, these emu teams will only catch major heat if blizz decides to, as it is rumored, make it $5 a month to play b.net 2.0.

rmse17

It was not the smartest thing for them to announce this project on a public website.  Whenever one works on high-profile hack like a Bnet 2 emulator, one needs to operate in total secrecy.  What did they think, that they will just start developing a product that threatens the SC2 economic model (Blizzard removed LAN play for a reason), and Blizzard will just look the other way while they are making some real progress? 

One must only release the product when it is complete, and even then, you want to leak it, not post it on a website that can be linked to you.  This is how the successful hacks have been released... 

I am sure there are other teams working on this stuff, and will release it when ready.  They may also wait till the retail release, so that Blizzard would not adapt to their method before the retail even goes gold.