Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRawr

Quote from: Fargo123 on September 20, 2011, 11:14:38 AM
I did a clean install of d3, installed framework, patched framework, D3Sharp.exe running and listening, the shortcut's target is done, I log in to D3, I make a character, when I press "single player" it says "ERROR_7". I'm far from the only one having Error 7.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/diablo-3/server-emulation-support-thread-(newbs-post-here)/

DangerMouse

Dude this guy Matt Clark is a total moron. He has no idea apparently what an emulator is and instead calls this a hack. Read the following issue for more insight if you will:

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980352189

::) *face palm*  ::)

Ant85

Heh actually read that earlier, don't think he has checked his info and just made the assumption that it must be a hack, terrible.

Cencio

Well..., it is still a hack/crack... if the cops catch you, you cant say "is not a hack/crack, is a "server emulator".

DangerMouse

Quote from: Cencio on September 21, 2011, 01:12:42 AM
Well..., it is still a hack/crack... if the cops catch you, you cant say "is not a hack/crack, is a "server emulator".

Actually you can. Because it's exactly that. Code created by someone else. Not stolen from someone else. And second of all it wouldn't be cops.

Ant85

uh...also reading that guys article it said someone hacked into D3s server online, no ones done anything of the sort...

Cencio

Ofc than wouldn't be cops, and ofc than is a server emulator, but, come on, you know what i mean...

Ant85

i know wat ur saying but dont really agree, d3 is still in the beta stages its not like blizz is being cheated out of money in any way, people just want to play the game.
perhaps if they had setup some kinda offline demo fans would have been much happier :D

BossCatKenji

Quote from: Ant85 on September 21, 2011, 01:42:15 AM
i know wat ur saying but dont really agree, d3 is still in the beta stages its not like blizz is being cheated out of money in any way, people just want to play the game.
perhaps if they had setup some kinda offline demo fans would have been much happier :D

I TOTALLY AGREE. the 2k franchise has been well loved and received all through these years and they just released a playable demo for nba2k12 in ps3 and xbox360. i don't see why blizzard couldn't do the same because as far as we know, the beta that's currently available (up to the skeleton king) is not even 1% of the whole game.

D3thN1gh7

Quote from: DangerMouse on September 21, 2011, 12:43:17 AM
Dude this guy Matt Clark is a total moron. He has no idea apparently what an emulator is and instead calls this a hack. Read the following issue for more insight if you will:

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980352189

::) *face palm*  ::)

I got a good laugh when I read that someone "hacked into the servers". This guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Cencio

Beta or not is piracy. Blizzard have the rights. And this server emulator, in six months, will be almost the same.
Feel free to think what ever you want.

Bucaneer

Quote from: BossCatKenji on September 19, 2011, 07:07:24 AM
hey guys, d3sharp just got updated and hour ago, i downloaded the source from the repo and i compiled it as instructed, and it's working good so far, here's a link to it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/_5-XyNzQ/Release_2.html

Instructions:

[1] Unzip. Run D3Sharp.exe

[2] Run the shortcut to DiabloIII.exe with additional command line parameters

-launch -auroraaddress 127.0.0.1:1345

and everything will be alright,  :P :P :P

NOTE: for you to test the persistence of your characters, make sure you use the same email address and password for each login. if you do, you'll see that the characters you created are still there

Whats new in this update here ?

So far is the game join able :)

Abaddon

Quote from: BossCatKenji on September 21, 2011, 01:45:36 AM
the beta that's currently available (up to the skeleton king) is not even 1% of the whole game.

I would say it's about a 5% of the game, I mean, in the end, it's 1 full act, with most quests, npcs, combat system testing, until level 13, some lore, you can actually do what you will be able to in the full release...

It pretty much sounds like it's a tasty beta :D
Quote from: Cencio on September 21, 2011, 02:08:10 AM
Beta or not is piracy. Blizzard have the rights. And this server emulator, in six months, will be almost the same.
Feel free to think what ever you want.
Guys, you should get information before posting. As Cencio said, a Beta is not piracy. Why? It's a development stage. It's the same as this: You just can't compare a pear with a truck in terms of which whose phase is closer to the 20Hz, because it doesn't even make sense.

On the other hand, this crew will NOT have rights to own a private server of D3, but since they DO NOT CLAIM MONEY (donations are not accepted), this is a public release and nonprofit, also this is an EMULATOR! The difference between EMULATOR and CRACK is:
-Emulators are programs that run in the background while you play another game and turn themselves into the host in which the program relies. Than is, in this game, the emulator represents a private server, like Blizzard's.
-Cracks are files that replace your old ones than modify and override certain security parameters, change things you aren't allowed to, etc, in order to play the game, normally in a single player mode unless the crack features multiplayer capabilities, but that's another story.

The point is that this is a nonprofit organization that creates a software to run external applications and not harm them.  Quit crying about hacks or cracks, because this is none of them.

vitalsine

Bucaneer

yes pls... Anyone know what they fixed with the new D3Sharp patch (Release_2) ? :)