Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALVe DnB

I think , when the full game is released - it will be cracked or whatever call it - from completely different people(crack group...) and it will be offline , and it will be playable etc! So.... for now i really hope that this emulator will be finished soon and we all will be able to "test" and enjoy the beta , and for the full release - i absolutely don't care at the moment... so..

And yeah - i absolutely respect the work that the dev team are doing , thanks a lot .

papus

Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 27, 2011, 01:03:39 PM
I think , when the full game is released - it will be cracked or whatever call it - from completely different people(crack group...) and it will be offline , and it will be playable etc! So.... for now i really hope that this emulator will be finished soon and we all will be able to "test" and enjoy the beta , and for the full release - i absolutely don't care at the moment... so..

And yeah - i absolutely respect the work that the dev team are doing , thanks a lot .
You are wrong. Game is going to be online and without complete emulator nothing will work, just like in beta. Crack would only bypass login screen.

alexandreonly

Diablo 3 is just a mmo, like WoW, the auction house is just a alternative to replace the month fees. Thanks to obese WoW kids, Blizzard officialy killed Diablo. WoW must be boycoted or more sh*** will come from Blizzard, even the fanboys being unable to see this.  But what the hell i'm doing, saying this on a forum full of virgin blizzardtardeds.

Draxanoth

Quote from: papus on October 27, 2011, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 27, 2011, 01:03:39 PM

You are wrong. Game is going to be online and without complete emulator nothing will work, just like in beta. Crack would only bypass login screen.
I think he's saying he expects someone else to make the "emulator" and he's just referring to it as a crack.  Sort of like how the underground pumped out an emulator for Assasin's Creed I suppose.

sampol

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 27, 2011, 05:12:49 PM
Diablo 3 is just a mmo, like WoW, the auction house is just a alternative to replace the month fees. Thanks to obese WoW kids, Blizzard officialy killed Diablo. WoW must be boycoted or more sh*** will come from Blizzard, even the fanboys being unable to see this.  But what the hell i'm doing, saying this on a forum full of virgin blizzardtardeds.

You don't know what you're talking about. Diablo 3 isn't a MMO game. You can play it in single player or the multiplayer mode as in most of the games. The only difference between Diablo 3 and other games is that your save games, progrees, build and so on is stored on blizz servers. Diablo 3 requires online not because it commits you to play multiplayer but as a piracy protection (most of the game features is loding directly from server not you hard disc).  As we can see with this emulator project's progress it is a very effective anti-piracy system.

You don't have to buy any memberships, licenses and stuff and the auction houses are optional. You can sell something or buy but you don't have to.

You don't need to insult any of Wow players and forum members just because you expected Diablo 3 to be clone of Diablo 2 with standard offline crack so you can play for free.

sampol

Diablo 3 in my opinion is just worth buying. Most of the games today are short, you buy it for a similar price, play for 8 hrs or something and then you forget about it. With Diablo we have 4 difficulty levels as a big challenge to finish them all and varius hero classes so you can go back to this game after a while, when you feeled bored. This games gives lots of gameplay hrs so it's definitely worth spending money.

So as I said before - anyone that really waits for diablo 3 will buy this game, some of them are already gathering small amouts of money step-by-step to be able to get it. So I don't think that any of that people will be interested in emulated-imitated version of the game.

VALVe DnB

Diablo 3 is a game that everybody waits - we've seen "online" games and alot of protections and anti piracy systems that was cracked , emulated etc. Yeah AC 1(2,3) is a good example. So i think when the game is out - every crack group like maybe Razor , reloaded(i don't know exactly) will try to make some sort of crack or emulator or some bypass software(like mentioned above) and we will able to play one way or another.
So i still think that this emulator here is for the beta and eventually will help for the full release later.
I don't think that there will be no crack or software after the full release different than mooege - for example StarCraft II- there is so many cracks , launchers for sc2 so...  yeah maybe Diablo is different , more difficult to bypass because almost everything is on blizz servers but still there will be something after release.

Btw - i think to buy it cuz i'm a big fan of the series - the only thing that maybe will stop me is the money.
I live in Bulgaria and here the people are surviving almost without money...

sampol

@VALVe DnB

I wouldn't count on a crack or something like that - don't make yourself a hope. AC is based on different system like many other games. Millions of people wanna play diablo 3 beta and as you can see there is no crack for it and the emulation is still far away from playable. I think there won't be any option to play real Diablo 3 with full content and experience without buying it.

I know what you mean with money problem, but if you see it as a long term investement it is not that expensive - you pay once and play long long time.

You know what? I decided just to save weekly some really small amout of money and I've already have like 1/3 of Diablo 3 full price, so when It comes I will have it all without bleeding my budget:)

VALVe DnB

Yeah that's right! I will buy it anyway even after the actual release. I'm capable of not eating but save money for game or computer part :D and i did it before.
Again thaks to the dev team , at least i tried the game(graphics , performance etc) and showed it to some friends that went crazy about it.

FatMan

Update time! There are different people working on different projects. raistlinthewiz and others are working on the chat and all those other behind the scenes (yet totally needed) stuff. Others, like alexxela, and mdz444 are working on skills. IN FACT, mdz444 has a lot of the skills implemented in his current build. Such as the barbarians leap, with effects and, moon physics. The wizard and monk also have many skills added. These are not final, and still do 9001 damage on a killing blow. But a lot of the effects are in place. Looks GREAT. I expect when each module is working, they will pull them all into one final product.

sampol

Quote from: FatMan on October 28, 2011, 01:27:56 PM
I expect when each module is working, they will pull them all into one final product.
You forgot to add that this final product will be probably done in few months:)

Draxanoth

Quote from: sampol on October 28, 2011, 03:03:27 AM
Diablo 3 in my opinion is just worth buying. Most of the games today are short, you buy it for a similar price, play for 8 hrs or something and then you forget about it. With Diablo we have 4 difficulty levels as a big challenge to finish them all and varius hero classes so you can go back to this game after a while, when you feeled bored. This games gives lots of gameplay hrs so it's definitely worth spending money.

So as I said before - anyone that really waits for diablo 3 will buy this game, some of them are already gathering small amouts of money step-by-step to be able to get it. So I don't think that any of that people will be interested in emulated-imitated version of the game.
I think most of us are planning to buy it, but I personally am disappointed with the lack of LAN and mod support.  The only way those two things will be restored when Blizzard is determined to limit us is with community creation.

sampol

Many people complain about Diablo 3 beeing an online game only but let's be honest - it's 2011 almost 2012 and there is internet available everywhere. I'm from Poland and I pay something like 10$ per month for very fast wireless internet with no limits.

World is changing people. Games need more disc space today, better graphic cards, more RAM, better processors. Requirements are changing fast and you all buy new equipement from time to time.

Just buy the damn internet connection. People complain, because they know that this online version of Diablo 3 will be impossible to be easily cracked like most of the games, that they can play for free offline.

alexandreonly

Quote from: sampol on October 29, 2011, 11:48:33 AM
Many people complain about Diablo 3 beeing an online game only but let's be honest - it's 2011 almost 2012 and there is internet available everywhere. I'm from Poland and I pay something like 10$ per month for very fast wireless internet with no limits.

World is changing people. Games need more disc space today, better graphic cards, more RAM, better processors. Requirements are changing fast and you all buy new equipement from time to time.

Just buy the damn internet connection. People complain, because they know that this online version of Diablo 3 will be impossible to be easily cracked like most of the games, that they can play for free offline.

It's not about have a internet connection, it's about mmo sucks. And who the hell care about the freaking changes in this gay world? Every minute people become even more retarded, and why i need to like the fu***** bull**** that every 14 years fatass american kid likes? All gaming companies are becoming total garbage, but it's what moronic teenagers like. Hell, these wow fanboys are everywhere.

Der Pizzadieb

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 29, 2011, 03:01:35 PM
Quote from: sampol on October 29, 2011, 11:48:33 AM

It's not about have a internet connection, it's about mmo sucks. And who the hell care about the freaking changes in this gay world? Every minute people become even more retarded, and why i need to like the fu***** bull**** that every 14 years fatass american kid likes? All gaming companies are becoming total garbage, but it's what moronic teenagers like. Hell, these wow fanboys are everywhere.

Very smallminded .. indeed.

Guess theres just one single MMO for you and dont know how you get your link from D3 to "MMO Sucks", maybe you should learn that it would be called "mmo's suck" but i guess your tiny IQ only keeps badwords in mind.

So, whats the difference between a 14 year old fatassed american kid and you?  Right, they act accordingly to their age or better.

All your posts are just flame or something similar. Be thankfull for the work others do if your not doing anything yourself (hey, you said you are a programmer and wanna look into the code but suprise, nothing within a month), rate the game when its done and fucking get the meaning of an MMO.