Main Menu

SC2 Maphack

Started by Ashur, February 25, 2010, 01:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashur

Thanks goes to rolle3k for 1 memaddr. The result is readprocmem only cheat:

Ashur's Maphack v2, further updates (unit owner, typeid, ...) are possible.

Gamewiz

Wait, what? Did you figure it out? I'm so confused. Were you able to get into a game?!

RaTcHeT302

download

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 25, 2010, 01:26:58 PM
??? ??? ?
I think he got the unit position information from the game  and can each of those
dots represents a unit, building, resource, or map feature of some kind.

newbiz

From what I see they just reversed the SC2 map format, and are able to display the position of resources.
Useless for the crack, but still a very good job, way to go!

Glyph

It's a pretty cool early step, nice job.

Blizzard Fansite: BlizzForge.org

Steeled209

Good job, but i can say you that i played w3 and is a fucking shit see all people on bnet using a mh :'( . i like playing clean games, without cheats...but anyway...its a great job ;)

Ashur

Quote from: Glyph on February 25, 2010, 01:34:12 PM
It's a pretty cool early step, nice job.

Ye, early but still.. Got everything I need.

Giz

why would u do a maphack? why would you want to ruin a fair gaming competition with such thing? honestly why?

I can understand using a crack to play beta cause it is not out for everyone, but this... that is just sad man....

Gamewiz

Quote from: Giz on February 26, 2010, 01:22:13 PM
why would u do a maphack? why would you want to ruin a fair gaming competition with such thing? honestly why?

I can understand using a crack to play beta cause it is not out for everyone, but this... that is just sad man....

I couldn't agree more.

elisherer

I think its important that they found that exploit so Blizzard will fix it...
the Battle.net experience is important to a lot of people and cheating would ruin it completly!

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: download on February 25, 2010, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 25, 2010, 01:26:58 PM
??? ??? ?
I think he got the unit position information from the game  and can each of those
dots represents a unit, building, resource, or map feature of some kind.
Ah, i tought was some thing that wold have made us able to play into the SC2 maps lol.

Gamewiz

Quote from: elisherer on February 26, 2010, 01:30:01 PM
the Battle.net experience is important to a lot of people and cheating would ruin it completly!

Except that I guarentee this guy won't report it to Blizzard. He is using it for his own gain, so that he can hack his games and play unfairly.

elisherer

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 26, 2010, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: elisherer on February 26, 2010, 01:30:01 PM

Except that I guarentee this guy won't report it to Blizzard. He is using it for his own gain, so that he can hack his games and play unfairly.

If it's out, Blizzard knows...

Matik

A maphack is inevitable and some form of hack will always occur regardless of the RTS games, so I'm not going to suggest you stop doing what you are doing, overcoming a challenge is a satisfying goal.

I would ask that you please not release this to the public if you ever get it fully finished, however. Allow us to enjoy a non-cheat gaming atmosphere at least for a little while...

Thank you