Why haven't you been chosen for the beta(feel free to share your pain) ?

Started by 2g4u, February 26, 2010, 07:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2g4u

I've noticed many StarCraft veterans complaining that they deserve to be in StarCraft 2 beta over the current population of Beta players. What most of these veterans don't realize is that the majority of gamers that received Beta invites came from the WoW community:

The average StarCraft player:

StarCraft back in the day for both Vanilla SC and Brood War - 50$
Possibly WarCraft 3: Reigns of Chaos - 50$
Free Gaming for the last ~10 years on Battle.net - 0$
Total: 100$ more or less.

The average WoW player:
Played either StarCraft or WarCraft 3: 50$
Playing WoW since Release: 50$ for Original World of Warcraft
5 Years of Subscription fees for World of Warcraft: 900$ (15$ x 60 Months)
World of WarCraft: Burning Crusade Expansion: 50$
World of WarCraft: Wrath of the Lich King: 50$
Blizzcon Ticket: 100$ (Let's not include the trip cost)
Total: 1200$ for SC2 Beta, at least.

Also many people are crying about that they got imba good PC configurations and still they haven't been selected. Blizzard doesn't care much about how the game runs on the newer PCs. They want to test how it performs at configurations which are closer to the minimum system requirements.

*Taken by various sources.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Thatguy2010

I'm unlucky. Blizzard be hatin.

+ the several bans I have had in WoW for participating in the anal spam might have something to do with it...

dodongbadong

haha its still ok darkblizz is here.. lets just hope that multiplayer crack or own server can be done soon enough and hopefully play like those with real keys.
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

Venom

I can honestly say I have the answer to this question: I wasn't selected for the beta because...I didn't apply ! I only ever bought SC1 and War3 + FT but have no clue where those discs ended up (last played War 3 some 3 years ago, moved to a different country since then etc).

I'm just glad DarkBlizz selected me for the beta :P:P.

Espionage724

I'm pretty close to min requirements, matter of fact I don't even meet minimum requirements...

1.6Ghz Core Solo, 950GMA.

I do have experimental graphics drivers though but thats more the reason to let me test...

aimaimaim

Blizzard never knew i existed .. still i have been playing SC since it came out on Vanilla until now ..  ;D

MiCrOMaN1

I don't even know why they didn't selected me. I have all the system requirements (or do I?)
And I even have all the blizzard games added on battle.net except for diablo II...
My Specs:
Intel i7 @ 2.80 ghz
2.5 gb RAM
1 gig Nvidia GTX 260
and 750 gb of hard drive Maxtor One Touch 4 Hard drive.
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

RaTcHeT302

War_Machine

my pc just hits the minimum for this game and I have yet to be chosen  :'(