WE SHALL MAKE OUR OWN AI BLIZZARD.

Started by Mangala, February 27, 2010, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangala

Was only a matter of time...

Download this map and be pleasantly surprised...

http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/projects/use-you-illusion-v09b/#comment_7006

EDIT: Credit is to "Malsumis" I think, on #Sc2c. I don't know how irc works, so I can't log in and talk to him about it.  Allegedly he's close to making them attack after a few min.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Mangala on February 27, 2010, 11:33:44 AM

http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/view/131504/lost-temple

EDIT: Credit is to "Malsumis" I think, on #Sc2c. I don't know how irc works, so I can't log in and talk to him about it.  Allegedly he's close to making them attack after a few min.

This looks like the map made by 2g4u on another thread here. Except this one is apparantly not the right one. Try the second post he made.

Mangala

Fixed the link. I don't see another thread on this?

cotorel

Nydus666

Quote from: cotorel on February 27, 2010, 12:10:57 PM
lol only air units ... :(

There's a LOT of ground unit cloaked under the motherships,
I just got a surprise attack from a bunch of ultralisk while attacking with hydralisks ...

This map is awesome, let's hope for more like this and maybe an AI sometime in the next few weeks.

Awesome job dudes!  8)
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here ..."

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Nydus666 on February 27, 2010, 12:36:49 PM
Quote from: cotorel on February 27, 2010, 12:10:57 PM
lol only air units ... :(

There's a LOT of ground unit cloaked under the motherships,
I just got a surprise attack from a bunch of ultralisk while attacking with hydralisks ...

This map is awesome, let's hope for more like this and maybe an AI sometime in the next few weeks.

Awesome job dudes!  8)
There are too many damn Motherships D: I can't handle to even take one down that the other one kicks my a**.

lecrycry

Do you can make a other map with a base to attack ? Or just different unit for test what is strong for what ?

2g4u

Lol I never said that I am anywhere close to "unlocking" the AI! And ye my IRC nick is Malsumis and once again playing against AI WON'T come soon or at least not by me! Its just a mass unit spam at the mid of the map :D

Maybe if I can get a trigger to move all the Player2(enemy) units at the player starting location, I can make something more fun like a timed attack by all the troops.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Mangala

It's AI enough...I'm not sure we even need an AI as much now. We can make custom games. What would be nice is if someone packaged a nice GUI editor where you could add certain units and buildings to the map.

TOWER. DEFENSE.

MiCrOMaN1

Lol if there was a editor, then we would be plaing against AI right now :)
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

Mangala

I meant a small program that would automate modifying the map's xml file for us so we wouldn't have to manually do this stuff. I doubt the full sc2 editor is packaged with the beta.

cotorel

wher can we find more maps like this one ? ::)

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 27, 2010, 11:53:05 AM
Quote from: Mangala on February 27, 2010, 11:33:44 AM

http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/view/131504/lost-temple

This looks like the map made by 2g4u on another thread here. Except this one is apparantly not the right one. Try the second post he made.
He did NOT made it, he just pasted some units there...

Nydus666

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 27, 2010, 12:39:03 PM
There are too many damn Motherships D: I can't handle to even take one down that the other one kicks my a**.

Make some Corruptors, Vikings or Phoenixes and you'll manage to micro them in no time ...
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here ..."

couch

on the next map, plz add some SCVs for mind control purposes