Starcrack AI V5 is out! Discuss:

Started by Jovani, February 28, 2010, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovani

http://botdev.org/doku.php

Go get it folks, its there.

I haven't tried it yet but shall soon, what do you guys think?

huhen

I just dled(havent played yet) Is there any changelog?

Jovani

From readme-now.txt:

StarCrack AI Version 5.0 (NON AI CHEAT VERSION)

- AI DOES NOT CHEAT!
- WATCH OUT FOR FAKES!
- Better is comming!
- Watch out on
(#sc2c on irc.rizon.net) for more releases.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Starcrack message comes up more than once if there's more than one AI
- AI might stall

Steps:

0 - MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY AI SCRIPTS. ANY FLOATING
ABOUT IN THE STARCRAFT II DIRECTORY (ANYWHERE) WILL INVALIDATE OURS
(if you had the chinese ones take them out!)

1 - Extract into Starcraft II beta folder
(C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta)
2 - It should ask to overrite, accept
3 - Run ANY hacked map

by (Team StarCrack) usmc23 + Turdburgler + imbalisk

thanks to

basttmp
Terrible_Damage
lantay77

(#sc2c on irc.rizon.net)

huhen

trusdurden

just tried the AI v5. havent played seriously, and was playing against a terran. it looks allright from what i've seen

CHEFFY!

I was playing Zerg, and i was going up against a fellow Zerg as well.. The opposing Zerg kept on harassing me with mutas and infested, all of a sudden the zerg pulls 6 ultras and almost annihilates me but i was able to kill them. By that time, around the 10 minute mark, i was out of gas and minerals and the zerg harassed me to the point where i could not leave my base. They also expanded to most of the map. This is by far the best AI yet. Didn't yet take a look at protoss or Terran yet.   

WeezyFD

zerg expands so slow and in early game they are idle like don't do nothing and only expand when their main mineral is totally mined out.

TokeGaming

Got to play 2 games

I had been 6-0 with ai v4, I got 2 PvZ's with v5. First game I went 3 gate zealot, his early game was fine and he kept up ling/roach production and was able to hold off my attack. I retreated, continued to pump units, pushed out when I had charge and rolled him. Past 5 minute mark AI's start to go downhill bad.

Second game I went 1 gate/forge into 2 stargate void ray. Zerg has NO IDEA how to deal with this, not a single unit that could attack air aside from his queen which 2 voidrays can easily kill.  If its possible to work on having them modify their build to fit what we do better it may help.

Anyways, keep pumping them out its fun haha

supersme

Just played first game with v5 AI, it was TvT.

AI scouted me 2 or 3 times early on, before I even had a barracks up. After that, it did not scout me again for the entire game. I expanded early and fended off his first rush, then pushed into his base with M&M's, which were defeated. AI defended another attack from M&M's while I got a few tanks up as well as 2 medivacs and 2 ravens. I intended to drop M&Ms in his base, but he caught me in the middle of the map and destroyed all of the units, then pushed into my base while I defended with mass auto turrets. Finally I just destroyed him with mass vikings, and had to hunt down his 2-3 expansions.

Still very easy to defeat, even with joke strats, but there is definitive improvement over v4. I'd like to thank everyone who helped to make this AI; keep up the good work.

Some things that need improvement: (at least for Terran)
- AI repeatedly tried to siege my natural expansion with tanks and vikings when I had tanks on a cliff destroying them at each attempt. He would roll up, morph vikings to ground units, and die.
- Terrans still build an unnecessary amount of starports that never get used (I think I saw 4 or 5 in his base, and he only had a few air units)
- Doesn't make enough units mid-late game after army is destroyed (although improved since v4).
- AI makes too many defensive buildings in base when it should make units instead.

Not intended as criticism, just some input to help improve the AI in later versions. ;)

Deathmental

It seems like Protoss & Zerg AI's don't know how to counter air units, at all. They do have defensive buildings against them and some part of their armies are made up of units that can attack air units, after you snipe those units out however, they just seem to give up.

trusdurden

hey just played it seriously. this time it was a PvP. the AI rushed me twice, with a good number of units. but as you guys, the AI couldnt counter my air units. that is maybe the only problem i've seen so far. anyway, it is a lot better than the v4. thanks for your work guys

hollocopter

Most of the games I've played have been pretty good, but when I was in a tvz the zerg seemed wayyyy too easy. It only had a good number of lings and a queen when i got to its base with marines and 4 banshees.

Sieglol

I just played a Z(me)vP against the new AI

I didn't get attacked for like 10minutes (maybe a bit more) then an army of zealots, stalkers and Immortals went to my natural and almost killed me, if I didn't had control of the Xel'naga towers and made 40 extra zerlings in time it would have been a different story. After that I expanded a bit more and build a massive army (I didn't get attacked again, except for a 1-3 archons and some high templars that didn't cast any spell and were over 75 energy) the enemy had almost no units to defend when I reached his natural and when I was attacking his main I saw around 10 probes doing nothing (I guess that when the minerals of his main ran out they went Idle) he did 3 Starports(?) but didn't build any air unit until I reached his main.

Protoss on a 30-35min game (I was playing defensive)
-Only expanded to their natural.
-When the minerals of his main ran out, the probes that were mining did nothing for the rest of the game.
-After the first attack that almost killed me, they didn't attacked me again (I didn't attacked him during the whole game until my massive army destroyed his base).
-3 starports(?) and 0 air units until I reached his main.
- A few High templays running around the map with some energy(+75) but didn't use storm or another abilities on my units.

Hope this helps, is very interesting to see the progress :)

(English is not my first language so don't flame me about that :) )

Andrige

Terran (me) vs Zerg
Overall, it is a lot better.  He is quite a bit more aggressive now, yet still knows when to retreat.  After he defeated my original attack, he tried to push my main which was nice.  He also scouted me at the beginning of the game (although it seemed a bit early and ran off really quickly).  The major problem with the AI is that he didn't know how to counter.  I made banshees for my original attack and yet he still didn't make any anti air units.  He pretty much only had roaches and zerglings.  It could be because I damaged his economy at the beginning, but it was a bit strange that he didn't try making any units that could take out air.  All he had was a couple of turrets to defend against my banshee attack a few minutes later.  Overall, the AI has improved a lot.  Good work.

Mangala

I just played and the AI seems a tiny bit better than V4. The funniest thing about it is it's so persistent when rebuilding. It seemed like I had to wipe out one player 2 or 3 times before he finally was defeated. He keeps hiding scvs and building new bases wherever.

I think the consensus for improvement is:
- Stop making 8 starports and only 2 air units. In fact, a whole new effort should be devoted to start making tons of air units mid game.
- It should know to attack the rocks to expand
- The AI should keep a list of units and counters that go with that unit. Like, if it sees a battlecruiser it should know to start building upgraded hydralisks and anti-air. That would def make it ridiculously intelligent if it could start pumping out different units based on what the opponent seems to be building.
- Randomize build orders so we don't constantly see things like the terran make the same monotonous viking attack.

GREAT PROGRESS DEVS! THANKS!!!