StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgptzac

since i suck at RTS in general im just staying with Easy Editions now. i noticed that there's a clear difficulty gap between the three races; namely Terran >> Protoss >>>> Zerg.  I watched the AI fought and it turns out that the zerg can't even defend terran's first rush.  It maybe because the game itself is not balanced yet but Terran's AI is way too advanced compare to the zerg's in both economy and unit producing.

StarBR

Hey guys. First of all..sorry about my poor english.

Thanks for the great work so far. Here is my feedback:

- The AI is great, it just keep building the arm and is difficult to beat sometimes. The best i have played till now.

- The chrono boost thing is used when there is no unit being create. In truth i think its used everytime the energy hits 25, and always in the Nexus (not sure).

It was just my second game... so...that is it! Thanks!

cool_flame18

You guys are the best. Just one suggestion the AI sometimes runs away even though it has a stronger army. Even so its beaten me twice now. Thats the first AI i've lost to and it wasnt cheating either.

Jak

hmm does ai always rush? anyone else?? i've played 4 games on 1v1 map pvp, pvz, zvz, tvz...always seem to rush with lings or zealots..lol stalkers run faster than zealots....funny...killed 12 zealots with like 6 stalkers and a cannon and i didnt even use blink. After the first rush the ai build so slow, i dont know why...maybe they use a lot of resource on rush??hmm cant be

kgptzac

there are severe problems with AI vs AI mathces... the scout's dancing needs to stop :x it messes up the opposing AI most of them time and make it into a luring mission.  When this happens then it's almost guaranteed that one side will lose to the other's first real rush

paco

I just played 2 matches with 6.1.1 both on LT.

First with toss, I took out T again with dts but another ai was sending units against it as well which got butchered down. Even tho the toss AI sent observers, it didn't control them properly.

In the second game with terran,  I fucked over all AIs with the usual tank drop on the expansions. Z at 9h started mining gas only after that. I did tank drop against toss and it didn't try to blink up to the cliff it also had dropships and didnt use them either.

Zerg AIs should make mutas more often and harass the main base with it.
Also I've never seen protoss making DTs. Matter of fact hardly any comp ever tries to attack the main base with air units or drops. They just sending the units in row on the front where they get destroyed.

Bobosmrade

Real pain in the ass is cheated version, i cant beat him, he attacks me all time! And spread with new bases so fast.

Artanis186

Quote from: cloak123 on March 08, 2010, 07:32:31 PM
Quote from: Artanis186 on March 08, 2010, 07:13:40 PM
Alright, well I'm about done giving feedback and suggestions. Nothing I say seems to be even payed attention to and others repeat exactly the same stuff that I say and somehow get a lot more attention from it. So good luck with your AI, hope it makes nice progress, I'll just go back to lurking when it deals with this.

Maybe your suggestions Need to be a little more realistic for the next update. I Tend to play every Ai I find and Troll The ai development forums ALot so i suggest what i seem can be added at this time.

I hardly call reporting that Overlords only care 1-3 units each while sending a lot of overlords to carry a small force of units, and having more than 0-4 drones at each expansion past his main and natural unrealistically fixable reports.

Skygrinder

Quote from: Bobosmrade on March 09, 2010, 04:09:49 AM
Real pain in the ass is cheated version, i cant beat him, he attacks me all time! And spread with new bases so fast.

Yea, the best way to beat the hard AI is to harass him alot. If you turtle in your base/natural you will definitely lose.
Blood for the Blood God

retro

First grats on this very good AI.

Second, I don`t know how hard this would be to code (but unlike all the other poster it´s not possible to for me to win against your AI) maybe you could make a "very easy" AI for guys like me.

The only change I would like to see in this "very easy" AI would be slower building, I´m no pro and I just can`t keep up with production (I lost around 30 games in a row with different races) but I do enjoy a casual game with your AI very much.

So if it`s not to much coding maybe you can realize this sugestion.

Thanks

Ucyrin

many thx to the dev team for all the hard work ;D .

Some feedback, watching a terran AI(cheating) replay.

- terran has so many minerals/gas and is not using it at all to build units/buildings.

- it makes just 2 factories and is using 1 of them, the other he never uses to build units.

- it never builds bunkers for proper defense.

- all the units including flying will always come at/through your main entrance. Why not
  split up land/air units and let air units attack a different point of your base. Or send 2
  groups, 1st land to main entrance few seconds later flying attacks different point of your
  base.

The attacks of AI units will count for the non cheating version and for all races(played against them).

hope it helps for future improvements.

TiHsMaD

PinkPanTheR

hi there, Thank you very much for all the great work you've been doing!

however, did someone else notice that the current AI has no air counter?
actually it has a pretty decent early macro, but after the first rush its way too easy
to win.
Besides, when I try to use another launcher then lazylunch the game crashes, does anyone could tell me which ones are the good launchers in order to select races.

Thanks!

Mmanson

First ofall, thank you (usmc23, Turdburgler, imbalisk, JPeterson, Doix) for the AIwhich somehow can play!

Yet thereare some proposals \ wishes to existing AI v6.1.1:

1) AI isvery linear. Yes, he develops his base very well, but all his actions,especially attacks - very linear. It simply creates the same pattern troops andattack with the same hand. Even if you can fly around my base on the otherhand, where I do not have no guns nor protection.
2) AI donot combine forces in an attack - either he is attacking all the flying troops,or all of the earth.
3) Theprotection is very weak. If you beat his attack, you can run a small army, -the victory is yours.
4) AI doesnot build bunkers, does not use the special abilities of units.
5) AI doesnot see the features of your defence. Simple linear attack on the same scheme.After the first attack has adapted to it and all ... you can just sit forcoffee. AI is not trying to bypass you in other ways, or use some other units.It just builds the same wave of troops and blunt attacks.

Suggestions:
Take intoaccount the peculiarities of each race (both in attack and during the defence).For example:
1) bunkers(if the bunkers are attacked, immediately fix them, if the bins can attackunits that shoot from a long distance – put into the bunkers ghosts - so I'mplaying against zerg).
2) RepairUnits in the defence.
3) To usethe zerg units that shoot from long distance.
4) combinedattack - attack from the ground, at the same time, fly round the base playerfrom the other side.
5) If aplayer builds a small base that would collect resources, destroy them first,and then attack the main base.
6) Zerg canbe buried at the place where the minerals are surveyed, and as soon as theplayer appears immediately to attack.
7) Forprotos - use teleportation units to the pylon, which is built not far from thebase of the player etc