Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeoOrw

magicbanana

Quote from: Barracuda72 on October 17, 2011, 02:47:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJt24EiDctA
Simple AI for Mooege - just to show that this is possible
I suggest it to Mooege developers, but they rejected it for now - they want runtime-loading of AI scripts

awesome, can you post a tutorial vid? :)
with all the code?  8)

ramxi

hello

i was just wondering what exactly is happening in terms of updates,  i played the recent commit and there are no zombies that we can spawn.  Is this intentional?  Is there another source that people are using now?

thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting into this game, you are greatly appreciated

Espionage724

Quote from: Draxanoth on October 15, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: alexandreonly on October 15, 2011, 03:47:51 PM
Quote from: Espionage724 on October 13, 2011, 09:50:55 PM
Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

(if spells and monster events work, then disregard my fail :p)

Right, the characters and combat must be priority. Mess around with friends in multiplayer, chating, spawning zombies and doing click-9001 damage is not what some people are looking for.
People with this much gall should get an instant ban hammer.  The Mooege clan is spending hours of their free time trying to implement a feature blizzard stole from us, and all you can do is bitch about how it's not meeting your expectations?  Go build your own then.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I wasn't bitching btw lol. As I stated, I don't really mind, I was just asking. Think of it like this, lets say I'm building an emulator for a racing game. What would make more sense to work on first? Having people being able to drive a car around, or a scoreboard for who finishes the track first?

drifter000

Quote from: Espionage724 on October 19, 2011, 06:22:34 PM
Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

Right, the characters and combat must be priority. Mess around with friends in multiplayer, chating, spawning zombies and doing click-9001 damage is not what some people are looking for.
People with this much gall should get an instant ban hammer.  The Mooege clan is spending hours of their free time trying to implement a feature blizzard stole from us, and all you can do is bitch about how it's not meeting your expectations?  Go build your own then.

I wasn't bitching btw lol. As I stated, I don't really mind, I was just asking. Think of it like this, lets say I'm building an emulator for a racing game. What would make more sense to work on first? Having people being able to drive a car around, or a scoreboard for who finishes the track first?

If they did this, then right now we could kill zombies normally, but then have no skills to use, no weapons or armor to use, and no xp to gain.
Made you look! :D

Draxanoth

My reply was directed at the guy I quoted, not you; your post was just part of the chain.

Diablo 3 has no singleplayer.  When they're building "single player", they're really building multiplayer you play by yourself.  They both work exactly the same.

At this moment they're being asked to replicate something they likely haven't gotten to touch.  Could you build a perfectly functional do-it yourself airplane without any reference data?  In 2 months?

It probably took Blizzard 2 years to build this game from scratch... who in their right mind would expect someone to code a DIY server in 6 weeks when they can't even gather data from playing the actual game?

Barracuda72

Quote from: magicbanana on October 18, 2011, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: Barracuda72 on October 17, 2011, 02:47:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJt24EiDctA
Simple AI for Mooege - just to show that this is possible
I suggest it to Mooege developers, but they rejected it for now - they want runtime-loading of AI scripts

awesome, can you post a tutorial vid? :)
with all the code?  8)

I think video tutorial isn't neccessary, because I just played around with the Mooege sources. But, of course, you can download my work here: http://ifolder.ru/26390917 - it's the compiled emulator and sources

d33pbluez1

Quote from: ramxi on October 19, 2011, 03:11:33 PM
hello

i was just wondering what exactly is happening in terms of updates,  i played the recent commit and there are no zombies that we can spawn.  Is this intentional?  Is there another source that people are using now?

thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting into this game, you are greatly appreciated

Go inside the game > Click on the chat box > Select server > type !spawn [number of zombie your want]...there you will have zombie spawn out

Hope this help and happy hunting  ;D

GeoOrw

Life orbs can now be picked up and your character sometimes speaks (the monk at least)

Awesome!

ramxi

Quote from: d33pbluez1 on October 20, 2011, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: ramxi on October 19, 2011, 03:11:33 PM
hello

Go inside the game > Click on the chat box > Select server > type !spawn [number of zombie your want]...there you will have zombie spawn out

Hope this help and happy hunting  ;D

hey, sorry but this didnt work for me

im guessing i did it wrong?  i click on chat box, but theres no server for me to select, all it says is "Game"...  i typed !spawn and i get a error code

alexandreonly

If you have the same mind as these guys, you should make acessories, neon, nitro packs, appareance customizations and a chat first. Racing and drive mechanics come last.

Draxanoth

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 21, 2011, 06:10:49 PM
If you have the same mind as these guys, you should make acessories, neon, nitro packs, appareance customizations and a chat first. Racing and drive mechanics come last.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why they're taking this development path, and they aren't going to change it so you might as well just go away.

eleveneleven

Quote from: Draxanoth on October 21, 2011, 08:34:12 PM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why they're taking this development path, and they aren't going to change it so you might as well just go away.

You're not really helping your case by being intentionally vague about the strongest point (why they would take this development path). No one cares what level of intelligence you assume is needed to automatically understand.

Note: I've no negative opinion of the development process (thank you guys!), but it was fair to point out this extremely poor method by Drax of making a case.

Draxanoth

Quote from: eleveneleven on October 22, 2011, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: Draxanoth on October 21, 2011, 08:34:12 PM

You're not really helping your case by being intentionally vague about the strongest point (why they would take this development path). No one cares what level of intelligence you assume is needed to automatically understand.

Note: I've no negative opinion of the development process (thank you guys!), but it was fair to point out this extremely poor method by Drax of making a case.
Try a forum search, I have no desire to re-type what has already been elaborated multiple times.

raistlinthewiz

Okay it's time to clarify things a bit. First, spells are being worked on.

For the multiplayer stuff, the reason is that - before I've introduced all that multiplayer-support, most of the features that were being implemented as 'singleplayer'-minded (not by intention but core was missing multiplayer API instead).

We've decided that if we further progress with that singleplayer-minded way, it'd be harder for us to get-in multiplayer in the future which would require us to fix all that previous code written as singleplayer-minded.

Eventually I've pushed multiplayer-support so the devs can now also test their stuff within a multiplayer environment which is the case for latest commits.

Oh and we're not trying to make you walk with friends, don't even count on features of an emulator which has not even got into alpha stage.

(That's the similar case for portals too - after our big-refactor on core, the old portal & waypoint code was broken, which we will be fixing soon as we get the mpq-reading support in)