Question? Ask Here

Started by Myst, March 18, 2010, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Got a Question?  Ask it here!!!

Draugur

the logo image is for the current theme?

newbiz

Could you give more information about the entry #3 ?
What kind of features do you need ?

Xwoa

About #3:

a) I'm assuming that you wouldn't have us interface with your actual server, instead create a GUI with an interface that can easily be adapted to work with it. Am I correct here?

b) Would you accept a flash entry for #3? (for instance, the uploader on imageshack is flash)

Deriggs007

Yeah, more information on #3 would be ideal

Do you want your own uploader as well? Do you mind if we use some open source scripts for references to build upon?

Deriggs007

Sorry for double post

I didn't see anywhere if you were allowed multiple entry's. Is that a possiblity, to have more than one entry.

And if so, can it be for another Entry, like. What if I enter #1 and #3, that okay? Or is it possible to just enter #1 like 2-3x with totally different revisions

[mrn]

I got few questions about #1..

a) For what kind of use is the logo intended for? Only for the web banner?

b) What is the format of the final image, will a bitmap image do it or do you require a high quality vector one?

Myst

Quotethe logo image is for the current theme?

Not necessarily, it can be an image for anything really. Not just the banner.

QuoteCould you give more information about the entry #3 ?
What kind of   features do you need ?

Features are things similar to the example system posted in original thread, such as rating features, thumbnail previews, comments section, an admin section where you can upload/delete things, etc.

QuoteAbout #3:

a) I'm assuming that you wouldn't have us interface   with your actual server, instead create a GUI with an interface that can   easily be adapted to work with it. Am I correct here?

b) Would   you accept a flash entry for #3? (for instance, the uploader on   imageshack is flash)

a) yes
b) yeh thats fine

QuoteYeah, more information on #3 would be ideal

Do you want your own   uploader as well? Do you mind if we use some open source scripts for   references to build upon?

I don't mind, yes an uploader is necessary.

QuoteSorry for double post

I didn't see anywhere if you were allowed   multiple entry's. Is that a possiblity, to have more than one entry.

And   if so, can it be for another Entry, like. What if I enter #1 and #3,   that okay? Or is it possible to just enter #1 like 2-3x with totally   different revisions

Thanks

Yes stated in the original thread, you can submit one or more entries.

QuoteI got few questions about #1..

a) For what kind of use is the   logo intended for? Only for the web banner?

b) What is the format   of the final image, will a bitmap image do it or do you require a high   quality vector one?

Its use is of any kind of nature, whether it be for a banner or a regular splash image.  The format can be any image file format you think is necessary.

[mrn]

Thanks for the answers. One more:

c) Can I still edit my submission, or maybe even add more, now that I've uploaded one already?

Myst

you can modify the current one, but by the end of the contest, w/e image is there is final.  And you can only submit one image.

Sleekfire

for the banner you said animated/non-animated could i use flash then to create one? then say if i had a logo in the flash i would upload that file separately.

Myst

zeratus

1. Entry #2
Does it have any length requirement?Min and max time?

Myst

No max time....minimum length should be what you think is appropriate enough to make a good video ;)

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: zeratus on March 19, 2010, 03:04:58 PM
1. Entry #2
Does it have any length requirement?Min and max time?
If you make a video my suggestion is edit it calmly. I think you have a lot of time so you will it have still to time to improve and etc..  :)