starcraft 2 emulation progress

Started by Abe, April 14, 2010, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abe

Here you can post Emulation progress and latest news from different sites:

Spooker617

"Gameplay Video is ready. We played a 15 minute game Zerg vs Terran and when you see it, you will understand why "partial" release would be a disaster. So be patient and it will come. Good Night."

Abe

Video link(download):

http://www.mediafire.com/?zozmigfxzur

youtube link:

Fucking YouTube and their 10min limit, sorry guys  :(

I'll Try to upload to megavideo

MadSheep

Mirror
http://rapidshare.com/files/376334439/SC2Gameplay.rar

Gouki

SupraDoom

Darius

waiting on the youtube link  :whistle:

Vernam7

hmmmm where exactly is the LAN in this?

we just see a game started from this "emu launcher" and nothing more!

were are the other players? where are the chats from other players so that we know you are playing with a human??

forgive me i am not saying this is a fake, but i just wondering where is the actuall proof of lan in this video? :whistle:

for me proof will be a client and a server side that will talk to each other and actually the server emulator will allo starcraft to run without even a launcher! it will start from a launcer but not set races maps etc, and straigt get you to thegame creation screen ingame!

thats at least my team mate are doing in StarCrack

Shawn91210

Quote from: Vernam7 on April 16, 2010, 05:07:43 AM

were are the other players? where are the chats from other players so that we know you are playing with a human??

forgive me i am not saying this is a fake, but i just wondering where is the actuall proof of lan in this video? :whistle:

for me proof will be a client and a server side that will talk to each other and actually the server emulator will allo starcraft to run without even a launcher! it will start from a launcer but not set races maps etc, and straigt get you to thegame creation screen ingame!

It's fake. Don't bother :D

Ceron

To be able to play 15 min in a very unstable/lagging/bugged with my friend, would be a dream come true. "disaster" ? 5 minutes of playing would make me happy like hell!

SIL3NT-DE4TH

Quote from: Shawn91210 on April 16, 2010, 05:32:12 AM
Quote from: Vernam7 on April 16, 2010, 05:07:43 AM

It's fake. Don't bother :D

Are u calling the Code Gen Team's   Fake?..

His First Video Relase Shows The Other part of the program. Sending Packets. Ect. This Video as he promised in the 2nd video he would show gameplay....

If you go to there site when its up. you can see how far down the Tech Tree they are. They dont have all units/ Upgrades.  and they prob dont have chat working.

Between the First and 2nd video they relased. i would say that these people are not fake. if they were. they would not still be working on it and when there site went down the first time they would of not come back if all they wanted were keys...

jyim89

I don't think this video is a fake.  Here is why:

first: the terran, although the player had the skill level of a normal ai, sent all his scvs working on his expo to attack to defend against the zerg's attack.  A normal computer wouldn't do that.

second: there were way too many game freezes than there is on normal battle net.  It could be that they are just playing on really crappy internet connections but who really has internet connects that is that bad?

Anyways, if this is true,  the StarCrack team managed to get passed the authentication part of bnet and code-gen managed to get the game play part of it working.  So they can combine it and we would have a real battle.net emulator! ^_^

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: SIL3NT-DE4TH on April 16, 2010, 07:04:12 AM

His First Video Relase Shows The Other part of the program. Sending Packets. Ect. This Video as he promised in the 2nd video he would show gameplay....

If you go to there site when its up. you can see how far down the Tech Tree they are. They dont have all units/ Upgrades.  and they prob dont have chat working.

Between the First and 2nd video they relased. i would say that these people are not fake. if they were. they would not still be working on it and when there site went down the first time they would of not come back if all they wanted were keys...

Are you serious man? lol.  A retarded monkey could spot this as a fake. 

Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?
Why did he have to click something off screen after clicking "launch" on the supposed emulator?
Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?

If this is what you consider proof, you would probably believe ANYTHING.

SIL3NT-DE4TH

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on April 16, 2010, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: SIL3NT-DE4TH on April 16, 2010, 07:04:12 AM

Are you serious man? lol.  A retarded monkey could spot this as a fake. 

Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?
Why did he have to click something off screen after clicking "launch" on the supposed emulator?
Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?

If this is what you consider proof, you would probably believe ANYTHING.

To tell u the truth i dont really care because im in the beta. i just come here to check out its progress. i downloaded the video from there site when it was up. and all i did was scan threw it..

I did wonder why he wouldn't play some one with more skill. the person he played seem liked he was playing a game of starcraft2 for the first time. and might of played sc1

Ill tell u now for sure that if it was an AI it was one he maid. cause its not 1 i seen be4. and it deff not the one in the beta. they tech  and produce units way faster. and they do scout.

And i dont see that if the code gen team was fake why wouldn't they just disappear after the site went down the first or 2nd time.

Organized_Chaos

Actually, after watching it again, it seems like maybe it WAS a game between two humans, only it was on the REAL Bnet.  They likely conned a beta key out of some poor unwitting people, and with those accounts they're playing each other on bnet.  The friend icon on the bottom right of the UI suggests it's likely on Bnet. 

Either way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw nothing to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that he had to move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft II".  Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.