StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youneedtoknow123

i dont know about you guys but this 5.0 5.5 and AI seemed to be junk to me, i dont know if im using it right or if i have the right maps but these previous AI did nothing besides build a few men and come attack me then run away ALL DAY. SO i switched to Goosie's AI mod - Version 4 and what a difference. I get my maps from, http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/ and i think the maps have AI on them? idk but i would unzip the Base.SC2Data to the C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta folder and thats it. and it seems that it does VERY little, i dont know if i need to use the maps from this site or what.is there some type of mod that needs to go with just theBase.SC2Data or just it by itself? cuz by it self it sux...

Gamewiz

Quote from: youneedtoknow123 on March 04, 2010, 06:12:23 PM
i dont know about you guys but this 5.0 5.5 and AI seemed to be junk to me, i dont know if im using it right or if i have the right maps but these previous AI did nothing besides build a few men and come attack me then run away ALL DAY. SO i switched to Goosie's AI mod - Version 4 and what a difference. I get my maps from, http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/ and i think the maps have AI on them? idk but i would unzip the Base.SC2Data to the C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta folder and thats it. and it seems that it does VERY little, i dont know if i need to use the maps from this site or what.is there some type of mod that needs to go with just theBase.SC2Data or just it by itself? cuz by it self it sux...

... hmmm.... username just created, first post, and he comes on here bashing one AI while promoting another. Seriously get a life.

Sandwich

youneedtoknow123

lolwtfstfu, not bashing. asking. fuck face  8)

Gamewiz

Quote from: youneedtoknow123 on March 04, 2010, 06:21:52 PM
lolwtfstfu, not bashing. asking. fuck face  8)

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Nesreca

Quote from: youneedtoknow123 on March 04, 2010, 06:12:23 PM

Uhm... you are aware that the people releasing AI have been either modifying blizzard's beta AI or writing the whole thing from scratch right? Considering that the people in this community have been putting out AI's for only the past week, the AIs are great, and getting better every time!

youneedtoknow123

um... i am aware of everything, just i have read people say stuff such as they get rushed and the AI is really good and wondering why i dont have the same experience. and am asking if im missing something. why are you guys so thick?

2g4u

I hope that you will add all the "micro scripts", that are posted in the AI Dev part of the forum in the next version(no matter, if it gets delayed due to this). Also pls clean the topic after the release of ver 6.0, I don't wanna read about bugs/suggestions already fixed/added.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Skylo

Quote from: 2g4u on March 04, 2010, 06:39:27 PM
I hope that you will add all the "micro scripts", that are posted in the AI Dev part of the forum in the next version(no matter, if it gets delayed due to this). Also pls clean the topic after the release of ver 6.0, I don't wanna read about bugs/suggestions already fixed/added.

Did you put the Base.SC2Data in the right folder? $sc2betabase$/Mods/LibertySC2.Mod ?

btnheazy03

youneedtoknow123

@skylo  $sc2betabase$/Mods/LibertySC2.Mod
is where it shud go?
it always said to any where in "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta"

just put the SC2date here "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod"
yes?

Shad0w

Cant wait for this to release! very excited bout it hopefully it comes before the weekend! Thanks fr all the hard work! 8)

Nakeddan

Is it possible to get a ETA on AI 6.0? please <3

Nesreca

To appease the AI gods, I suggest hamster sacrifices. 1,000 should suffice...

p.W

My Qs seem to have gotten lost in the convo, so here they are again:

1) Is it conceivable that at some point in time the AI will be able to push with Bunkers, offensively?
2) Can the AI now use warp-in, and is it (potentially) possible to program proxy pylon+warp-in builds?

Cause those'd be fun.  ;D