StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iounas

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 04, 2010, 01:05:56 PM
I'm still watching other peoples' replays, and will continue to even if we get multiplayer.
hah..I find starcraft more interesting to watch then play..
For sc1 I played only singleplayer and watched shitloads of Korean games.
I kinda know what I should do in game but my hands and multitasking are failing me..

Nesreca

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 04, 2010, 01:05:56 PM
I'm still watching other peoples' replays, and will continue to even if we get multiplayer.

Yeah. What I meant is at least we have something to play with now and are able to get a head start when it comes to learning new units, hot keys, and buildings. ^_^

Waverblade

Yo Turdburgler that sounds like alot of build orders so I made a guide for myself awhile ago
and Ima give it to you.

http://pastebin.com/2QwT1Ufk

It just holds build orders from TeamLiquid so you dont have so sift through all the topics in their to find build orders

theStig

You really did a great job! I'm very looking forward to the 6.0 version...
I second Nesreca, thus the "back and forth-thing" the AI is fun to play against and really helps getting used to the game again. I guess 6.0 will be even more of a challenge, and beating it will give a great headstart against a whole lot of opponents once this piece of glory is released (6.0 and SC2 in general  ::) )

I'd like to see 'Starcrack AI' evolving as a real alternative to Blizzards AI. I think of it as an advanced learning-tool, especially the part of the upcoming Early/Mid/End combinations.

You are awesome! Keep it up!  ;D

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Please release something today! Lol! If theres no release today, I kill my hamster! Hes gonna get it!

notquitefob

I think what you guys are doing is great and hopefully with your efforts, Blizzard will continue to evolve their AI even after the official release, unlike the stale AI we ended up with in SC1.

I'm curious if the FFA limitation is caused by the Launcher or map, and if it's possible to team up the AI.  It would of course increase the difficulty substantially.  I remember reading somewhere that FFA is all we get, but I don't recall if anyone ever posted a reason.

Either way, thanks for the hard work, and I look forward to trying out 6.0.

trush0t

@ImWaitingForStarcraft3 - lol that made me laugh.

But yeah just release the damn AI already.  It says ETA "no not tonight", that was 3 nights ago!

I appreciate all your guys work and im only talking out of my anxious mentality.  Ive waited a long time like everyone else to play this game.  I knew I wasnt going to get picked for beta.  Why have an opt-in if you arent being the first ones invited?  We worship blizzard and they know that.  Thats why they are dicking us around.

/rantdone (Again, good work and thank you for this experience!)  :)

chetjan

@ImWaitingForStarcraft3 ooo no he better release it today, that poor hamster shouldn't die. Thanks for providing him with incentive xD

Nesreca

Quote from: notquitefob on March 04, 2010, 04:49:52 PM
I'm curious if the FFA limitation is caused by the Launcher or map, and if it's possible to team up the AI.  It would of course increase the difficulty substantially.  I remember reading somewhere that FFA is all we get, but I don't recall if anyone ever posted a reason.

Here is the reason:

Quote from: Skylo on March 02, 2010, 08:23:47 PM
Q: Why can't i choose my race, is Meele or Teambattle possible?
First, race change might implemented later, but like every other feature, devs are working on it, or might work on it when the real important work is done. Melee or Teambattles aren't yet possible cause the same reason.

Found it at: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-help-section/faq-!-()/

In short, it's the launcher. It isn't a huge issue at the moment because you can just press F10 and restart 'till you get the race you want to play. That's what I do anyways. :P 

turdburgler

Quote from: ImWaitingforStarcraft3 on March 04, 2010, 04:25:18 PM
Please release something today! Lol! If theres no release today, I kill my hamster! Hes gonna get it!

Great. I HATE hamsters. I want to see it die. Because of this guy, nobody gets a release today.

Feel free to thank him.

Gamewiz

Quote from: turdburgler on March 04, 2010, 05:23:57 PM
Quote from: ImWaitingforStarcraft3 on March 04, 2010, 04:25:18 PM

Great. I HATE hamsters. I want to see it die. Because of this guy, nobody gets a release today.

Feel free to thank him.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nesreca

Well then, I have a sadistic treat for you, Turd.

Gerbil in a lightsocket: http://joecartoon.atom.com/cartoons/140-gerbil_in_a_light_socket
Gerbil in a microwave: http://joecartoon.atom.com/cartoons/64-gerbil_in_a_microwave

Gerbils instead of hamsters, but who really cares? :P

Swarmling

aaarrrrrrggggg!!!! DUMB HAMSTER!!!!!!!!

i say u should die along with your HAMSTER cause you just made everyone wait a extra day for the greatest AI V 6,0
Starcraft 2 is the greatest game ever!!!!!!!! and u had do go around flashing your dumb Hamster GOD  Im going to SICK MY CAT ON YOUR HAMSTER HE WOULD LOVE THAT FAT NASTY RAT LOOKING THING
ps... cant u just block that dumb hamster spammer from getting the new AI...hehehehe that will show him not to mess around if the Master of Cracking SC2
I kneel before u all  thnxs for giving us the tools to play starcraft 2 we all feel like everyone should have a chance to play

Gamewiz

Quote from: Swarmling on March 04, 2010, 05:39:20 PM

i say u should die along with your HAMSTER cause you just made everyone wait a extra day for the greatest AI V 6,0
Starcraft 2 is the greatest game ever!!!!!!!! and u had do go around flashing your dumb Hamster GOD  Im going to SICK MY CAT ON YOUR HAMSTER HE WOULD LOVE THAT FAT NASTY RAT LOOKING THING
ps... cant u just block that dumb hamster spammer from getting the new AI...hehehehe that will show him not to mess around if the Master of Cracking SC2
I kneel before u all  thnxs for giving us the tools to play starcraft 2 we all feel like everyone should have a chance to play

I think you need to go outside and take a deep breath...

Nesreca

Quote from: Swarmling on March 04, 2010, 05:39:20 PM

LOL!

WTS [Sarcasm Detector] PST!

I bet the AI wouldn't have been released tonight hamster spam or not. :P