StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiamberm

An easy mode in v6.0!? Finally!  :D I'm a total noob and can hardly handle the normal AI. Thanks for including an easy mode! :)

Artanis186

Quote from: p.W on March 04, 2010, 02:24:45 AMVery easy to check. Play a game and don't do it.

I know I have a lot of trouble holding off the first Zerg rush if I don't set up a wall. I can do it, but have never fully recovered from that and gone on to beat the AI.

Good news. :) I actually beat em without the blocking. It wasn't nearly as easy, but I did it. :D </confidence boost>

sLayed

I've played over 10,000 games of starcraft and I'm a semi-pro SC gamer so this new AI is exciting me quite a lot.  The ones we've got now I beat while sleeping. I can literally micro 20 lings and 5 roaches for 20 minutes vs the ai (ofc at which point i've got like 5 expansions and full tech :P).  Why don't you just release the AI and update it after? I'm sure 90% of the people here would rather have this artificial goodness ASAP over the finished version at the high quality you're seeking. Just call it like 5.9 and when it's where you expected it to be, release it as 6.0.   I know this makes the jumps smaller and less awe-inspiring but I don't think that's what you guys are going for :P.

It's fine with whatever you AI dev's decide, thanks for the great and speedy work.  I guess if I've been waiting 5 years for SC2, I can stand to wait another few days for an improved AI for it :).

r3ddrag0nx

Quote from: sLayed on March 04, 2010, 04:34:24 AM
I've played over 10,000 games of starcraft and I'm a semi-pro SC gamer so this new AI is exciting me quite a lot.  The ones we've got now I beat while sleeping. I can literally micro 20 lings and 5 roaches for 20 minutes vs the ai (ofc at which point i've got like 5 expansions and full tech :P ).  Why don't you just release the AI and update it after? I'm sure 90% of the people here would rather have this artificial goodness ASAP over the finished version at the high quality you're seeking. Just call it like 5.9 and when it's where you expected it to be, release it as 6.0.   I know this makes the jumps smaller and less awe-inspiring but I don't think that's what you guys are going for :P .

It's fine with whatever you AI dev's decide, thanks for the great and speedy work.  I guess if I've been waiting 5 years for SC2, I can stand to wait another few days for an improved AI for it :) .

5 expos full tech? how do u macro effectively? it's hardly manageable w/ 2 fully saturated bases as i've seen in multiplayer reps. also, how do u manage to get 5 expos? were u testing out the tech tree? btw, whats ur apm?

programm

I want to say that version 5.5 (non cheating) was an incredibly stupid AI. The CPU is only going back and forth it's like clikcing forward then clicking backward, zig-zag. You could just place a few tanks there and kill him while he's zig-zaging. Then you mass untis and rape him, seriously stupid CPU. Make sure that the new AI will actually attack you until dead and form at least 50 units before attacking you at a time.

Look - you block your entrance and your enemy will be trying to enter but dying. How about getting mutalisk atatcks and air attacks from behind attacking your workers? Can CPU 6.0 do this?

katalonec

is this starcrack ai really "crack"? it becomes much more than small twick/hack "tool".
is there any chance to make this ai official and maybe then rebrand the title from "crack"?

r3ddrag0nx

Quote from: katalonec on March 04, 2010, 05:22:58 AM
is this starcrack ai really "crack"? it becomes much more than small twick/hack "tool".
is there any chance to make this ai official and maybe then rebrand the title from "crack"?

i believe it's the dev team's name lol

katalonec

Quote from: r3ddrag0nx on March 04, 2010, 05:46:36 AM
Quote from: katalonec on March 04, 2010, 05:22:58 AM

i believe it's the dev team's name lol

sure why not ;)

JPeterson

I've played over 10,000 games of starcraft and I'm a semi-pro SC gamer so this new AI is exciting me quite a lot.
I'm not sure any AI can be a challenge on its own to a good player. Your best hope is to team up several AIs against you if you want a challenge. If we can find a way to specify teams from the MapInfo file this would be possible.

pixartist

turdburgler, did i get that right, you can now easily add any number of tactics for any race and any phase of the game (modular)
if so, can the AI switch tactics mid-game if they see that they may fail ?

TokeGaming

I've played over 10,000 games of starcraft and I'm a semi-pro SC gamer so this new AI is exciting me quite a lot.  The ones we've got now I beat while sleeping. I can literally micro 20 lings and 5 roaches for 20 minutes vs the ai (ofc at which point i've got like 5 expansions and full tech :P ).  Why don't you just release the AI and update it after? I'm sure 90% of the people here would rather have this artificial goodness ASAP over the finished version at the high quality you're seeking. Just call it like 5.9 and when it's where you expected it to be, release it as 6.0.   I know this makes the jumps smaller and less awe-inspiring but I don't think that's what you guys are going for :P .

It's fine with whatever you AI dev's decide, thanks for the great and speedy work.  I guess if I've been waiting 5 years for SC2, I can stand to wait another few days for an improved AI for it :) .

What was your SC name? Or your iccup account? just curious

Also thank you for making v6

v5.5 is too easy imo

Artanis186

Quote from: TokeGaming on March 04, 2010, 06:42:57 AMv5.5 is too easy imo

Try playing without walling, it'll give a little bit more of a challenge cuz the AI doesn't know what to do when you wall. (Hope that'll be fixed in 6.0)

megasoch

Artanis186

Quote from: megasoch on March 04, 2010, 07:30:13 AM
When new AI comes about?

Ah, one of the more original, well thought out questions that noone woulda thought of before....

Anywho, it'll be done when it's done. He can't just say XX/XX/XXXX at XX:XX. It's not really a process in which you plan out everything ahead of time.

Tijnnn

Cant wait, keep up the good work!

I still got a question. when i start sc2 i start with the double amount of everything. + when i build like 1 marine i get 2. anyone can plxxx help me how to fix this.
i probably got a file double in a map or something?